It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans kill animals then they eat them(true story)

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   
The title was pretty quality and then I read the post and was disappointed ngl.

Animals eat other animals.

People are animals.

This has been going on since animals became a thing. I'm not sure where OP was going with this? I agree the manner in which we drug, raise, and butcher animals in filthy, cramped factory conditions is absolutely awful and THAT's where humanity has failed on the subject... But just eating animals isn't abnormal? Yet?

There's potential for it to be abnormal in the far future where supplements and alternatives are available and affordable to the majority of the population, but right now it's not.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: gosseyn

what does the word sentient mean ?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: operayt

born conscious or aware. A frog is born conscious and aware, so is a fish, so is an ant, so is a bird, so is a bug. Each of these when born are conscious and aware. The only difference is what ARE THEY conscious and aware of WHAT. Conscious and aware of "WHAT", to eat, see, smell, taste, hear, feel. You need to DEFINE the words conscious and aware. You need to define that gosseyn. Not even the human being is fully conscious and aware of it's own environment but is born conscious and aware , but NOT FULLY aware. I fail to see the LOGIC in your post.

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Really ? You can't just type that in a search engine and see for yourself ? I am sure you can, so why don't you just tell me right away what you have in mind ?

posted on Feb, 5 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   

born conscious or aware. A frog is born conscious and aware, so is a fish, so is an ant, so is a bird, so is a bug. Each of these when born are conscious and aware. The only difference is what ARE THEY conscious and aware of WHAT. Conscious and aware of "WHAT", to eat, see, smell, taste, hear, feel. You need to DEFINE the words conscious and aware. You need to define that gosseyn. Not even the human being is fully conscious and aware of it's own environment but is born conscious and aware , but NOT FULLY aware. I fail to see the LOGIC in your post.

Well then, what is it to be "fully aware" ? Does that even exist ? Is it the capacity to feel and see everything ? Like ultraviolet and infra-red light with your own eyes, and to feel every bit of change in the gravitational forces of the earth, the moon, the sun and the galaxies that surround ours, etc. ? And to know instantly the state of mind of another being. Does it also mean to know the future and to know the past on top of having perfect knowledge of the present ?

What are you saying exactly ? Are you saying that we shouldn't respect anything that is not godlike ? Or are you trying to say that splitting an inanimate rock in two is a lack of respect towards the rock ?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Tell me, what do you put in your mouth and swallow.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
stepped on any ants lately ? Accidentely swallow a bug riding your bicycle. do you wear shoes ? A hat and cloths ? Do you own a knife ? Cut down any trees ? Do you live in a house ? Hit any animals with your car ? I can go on and on.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I'm a carnivore. My food poops on what vegans and vegetarians eat. I'll tell you what; though. This will blow your mind. When I die, worms, insects, and bacteria will break down my body and make it into food, which plants will eat, which in turn will be eaten by animals, which in turn will be hunted and eaten by humans! Radical idea, huh? It's called the circle of life.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Tell me, what do you put in your mouth and swallow.

My sexual orientation is no concern of yours.

Joke aside : you're the one who brought the 'sentience' topic as if it was a problem, but it seems you have not much to say about it. Sentience is sentience. Sentience is feeling the external world internally, it's having a subjective point of view, it's having the capacity to react to external events. Sentience is what makes every form of life unique, because every point of view is unique. There cannot be 2 identical subjectivities.

So, where are you going with this ?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I fail to see your LOGIC as to where your post is SUPPOSED to go. You yourself has denied the very things you talk about. I will Not argue, this is AN ILLOGICAL POST.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
I'm a carnivore. My food poops on what vegans and vegetarians eat. I'll tell you what; though. This will blow your mind. When I die, worms, insects, and bacteria will break down my body and make it into food, which plants will eat, which in turn will be eaten by animals, which in turn will be hunted and eaten by humans! Radical idea, huh? It's called the circle of life.

So do you agree that you should be killed right now in order to fullfil your destiny which is - your own words - to become food for worms, insects and plants ? Or do you regard your immediate death as an inconvenience ?
edit on 6-2-2016 by gosseyn because: sp

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   

OMG , I did NOT ask you what your sexual orientation is. I am asking you what you EAT. WOW.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Do you eat cut up dead animals, plants, insects, birds, reptiles or clams or lobsters ? It is a simple YES or NO answer.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I really don't get your point. Everything dies, including you. It's just a matter of when. Unless you're cremated, you too will be broken down into nutrients and will contribute to the ongoing circle of life, which is eat and be eaten. By the way, plants may very well be sentient as well. What does that say about vegans and vegetarians? Oh, and you don't own anything made of leather, do you? Or bone? Do you like eating gelatin? That's made of bones and hooves. Nice, huh?

edit on 6-2-2016 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Everything dies, including you. It's just a matter of when. Unless you're cremated you, too will be broken down into nutrients and will contribute to the ongoing circle of life, which is eat and be eaten. I really don't get your point. By the way, plants may very well be sentient as well. What does that say about vegans and vegetarians? Oh, and you don't own anything made of leather, do you? Or bone? Do you like eating gelatin? That's made of bones and hooves. Nice, huh?

I ask again, do you agree that you should be killed right now to fullfil your destiny of becoming food for worms ?

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I answered your question in my other post. Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean I didn't answer it.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   

I answered your question in my other post. Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean I didn't answer it.

No, you didn't answer the question, and now you're just trying to evade it. You brought up the argument that 'when we die we too become food'. But this argument leads nowhere and you know it. You're not ready to die right now and you want to live as long as possible, and you don't want to be cut in pieces just to be digested.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Sadly nature is a bitch and to live means another must die.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove
Don't bother. He's deaf to that common sense argument.

posted on Feb, 6 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

Sadly nature is a bitch and to live means another must die.

Exactly, but where is the respect in this ? Isn't that just a lie ? Do you think there is respect for the animal in this picture ?
Isn't it delusional to post this picture and in the same breath to talk of "proper respect" ? Yes, it is delusional.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28 >>

join