It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans kill animals then they eat them(true story)

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

It depends upon your level of physical activity as some of the things I do require my body to be running on all cylinders. For that one needs Animal Fats and Proteins.

Explain further the nutrition that constitutes those animals fats and proteins. You see those terms don't really mean much without discussing the building blocks underlying them. We can't really have an honest discussion about the nutritional value vegetarians might be missing out on by leaving it at "you need animal protein".

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I went on with if for around two months, didn't work well at all.

Was it vegetarian or specifically vegan? Because that member said vegan. Just curious.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by gosseyn

(Didnt read the 22 pages of responces yet, but)
No it is not a problem we kill for food. The main problem is we dont allways allow the animals a decent life before we terminate them. (warning if you love animals, dont watch these two video's they got extremly distubing clips with animal cruelty and could make you cry)

and another problem is trophyhunting/illigal hunting. This music may be old but the lyrics + videoclips should underscore my trophyhunting statement. These cowards aint hunters but animal murderers, where is the sport in that ?

edit on 8-2-2013 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Many studies and experiments have shown that even if a person takes in all pertinent Amino-acids. L-Lysine is not something a persons body will manufacture while eating a strict all VEGAN Diet among others.

There is also the issue of absorbtion of Plant based Proteins as such Protein Rich Plant Cell structure tend to make it difficult for most and impossible for some people to be able to absorb this during digestion or through Intestinal Caloric and Nutrient Absorbtion.

There also seem to be an unsolved issue of the absolute necessity for developing children to consume Animal Fats as well as Fats from Fish known as Omega-3 Fatty Acids which are responsible for proper Brain Development as well as other developmental needs.

In my case...and I went into this with an open mind and since I help run a Family Company specific to Health Care...I was ingesting all the proper Plant Proteins, Fats and Carbs in a very specific diet needed for an active lifestyle.

After some time...I first lost my ability for long endurence...then strength...then my ability to concentrate and remain focused during periods of high stress and extreme physical activity. I also lost my ability to regulate my body temp. during such activity as I was either too cold or too hot. Soon after this loss of ability...my Immune System failed as I got a bad cold for the first time in many years.

I was objective about waht was happening to me and I DID NOT jump to conclusions...but the combination of all these things pointed to one specific change I had made...that being not to eat any Animal Meat, Milk, Product...etc. I did NOT take suppliments.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Also...the consumption of only Plants and Plant Based products such as TOFU will not allow the Human Body to manufacture a variety of Lysines, Nutrients as well as make it difficult for the Human Body to regrow specific connective tissues that maybe damaged due to injury or physical activity.

A persons Nervous system when damaged...repairs itself at a much quicker and comprehensive rate when that person eats animal fats and proteins.

The Brains Neural Connections and Networks also have a difficult time repairing themselves when a person is eating a STRICT Vegan Diet as well as such a diet being a definite NO NO...for any child of an age that is especially specific to that childs brain development and psychological makeup.

I know a few people who eat a strict Vegan Diet but take suppliments as they Lift as without such suppliments...such excersize would not produce the added Muscle Density and Strength they obtain from lifting.

I do not know of a SINGLE PERSON WHO WEIGHT TRAINS...as the ones that do either eat Dairy Products, Eggs or Fish or take suppliments. If they did not do this it would be impossible for them to properly develop and grow the Muscle Mass and Density needed for them to repair ripped Muscle that is a result from such training.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:08 AM
link   

L-Lysine is not something a persons body will manufacture while eating a strict all VEGAN Diet among others.

L-Lysine is found in legumes, beans nuts and seeds. L-lysine is found in breads. L-Lysine is found in fruits and vegtables...

Lentils
Peanuts
Walnuts
Almonds
Kidney Beans
Garbanzo Beans
Pinto Beans
Cashews
Pecans
Black Beans
Wheat Bread
Oatmeal
Corn
Rice
Quinoa
Potatoes
Broccolo
Carrots
Tomatoes
Bananas
Apples
Oranges
Strawberries
etc

Fats from Fish known as Omega-3 Fatty Acids which are responsible for proper Brain Development as well as other developmental needs.

That's not exclusive to fish. Here are other sources for Omega-3

Cauliflower
Hummus
Brussel Sprouts
Walnuts
Spinach
Pumpkin Seeds
Soy/Tofu
Flaxseed
Chia Seeds
Hemp Seeds
Perilla Seeds
Radish Seeds
Basil
Oregano
Tarragon
Spearmint
Grape Leaves
Purslane
Microalgae
Kiwi (for real)
etc
Foods that have been infused with plant-based Omega-3

I was objective about waht was happening to me and I DID NOT jump to conclusions...but the combination of all these things pointed to one specific change I had made...that being not to eat any Animal Meat, Milk, Product...etc.

I am curious as to why you jumped right into veganism. Why didn't you try vegetarian and include milk and eggs. Also did you see a nutritionist for opinions? You mentioned a 'very specific diet for active lifestyle' is this something I can look up?

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   

I was talking about how L-Lysine is manufactured by the Human Body not if or if not L-Lysine is available in various plants.

The L-Lysine that our bodies produce is specific to uses that L-Lysine that is found in plant life cannot be.

Read about this and the difference.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   

I am also aware that various plants have Omega-3 Fatty Acids but again...the Omega-3 Fatty Acids that a person gains from eating various Fish has a greater benefit to the Human body for various reasons including it's ability to be more readily absorbed.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Like I said I am a vegetarian that eats milk and eggs. So I can't speak on behalf of vegans from experience. However I would be really interested if you messaged these people and presented to them your (quite bold) claims about the diet and muscle development.

I do not know of a SINGLE PERSON WHO WEIGHT TRAINS...as the ones that do either eat Dairy Products, Eggs or Fish or take suppliments.

Vegan Bodybuilding.com
Vegan Bodybuilding.org
Vegan Muscle and Fitness
Vegan Body Building Blog
Vegan Fitness.com

edit on 8-2-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   

I am also aware that various plants have Omega-3 Fatty Acids but again...the Omega-3 Fatty Acids that a person gains from eating various Fish has a greater benefit to the Human body for various reasons including its ability to be more readily absorbed.

You mean the conversion of ALA to DHA? Eating more of the source would work

Vegans concerned about that could use a DHA supplement derived from algae

For myself. The organic milk I drank is fortified with Omega-3, and the eggs I buy are higher in Omega-3.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   

My diet was High in Complex Carbs...Low in High Sugar or Simple Carb...Fruits and Vegetbles such as Beets were a No No...too many Fruits such as not eating more than one Pear or Plum a day.

It was as High as possible in High Protein based plants and plant products such as various Beans, Tofu...which I dislike...Lentils...etc.

I ate Whole Grain low sugar breads...Shreaded Wheat...Hot Grain Cereals.

I ate many different Green Leafy Salads using Romain, Arugala, Spinich, Watercress, Mesclun, Swiss Chard, Kale...etc...in the form of salads, cooked greens and soups.

Potato...but not too many...just about every type of Vegetable.

Avacado which has Omega-3 and Omega-6 Fatty Acids....Tomatos as well as Tomato based soups and sauces topping Whole Grain Pasta.

I also used a lot of Extra Virgin Olive Oil for the various all veggie stir frys as well as ate Rice and Vegetable stuffed peppers. Broccoli Rabe with Garlic stir fried in Olive Oil was a favorite.

A wide variety of Tree Nuts including Pine Nuts and Baby Spinach with hot Galic infused Olive Oil.

CORN was not eated in much quantity but Popcorn was and topped with salt.

The diet had a large amount of Protein Providing Vegetables and Fruits and Beans as I was not a Big Tofu eater although I enjoyed a Whole Salted Soybean snack food covered in Wasabee.

Various Mushrooms both Grilled and Raw were a favorite as well as Vegetable Grain Raisin Stuffed Mushroom Caps.

Asparagas was also a favorite and I had tis topped with Olive Oil toasted Almond Slivers.

I LOVE Vegetables and Fruits as well as I have an extensive Organic Garden. But when it came down to eating this long term...my body failed me.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   

A VEGAN is aperson SPECIFIC to eating ONLY Plant Life and Plant Products.

A Vegetarian...tends to have a wider description of a person who also eats Eggs, Fish and Dairy.

Now a person eating EGGS is a person eating Animal Life as this is what an egg is...a Chicken Fetus. FISH are ANIMALS and for some reason such people do not see them as so.

If you look at the Vegan Lifters...they are not strict Vegans and any who claim to be...and also claim to have put on Muscle Mass and developed Muscle Density....ARE LYING. It is almost impossible to do this eating just Plants and Plant Products.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Okay well now I am hungry!

Did you know roughly how much protein you were consuming to make sure it wasn't too big a change? I dunno why it didn't workout. So many variables. But it's obviously working for some people quite well. So I dunno.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   

A VEGAN is aperson SPECIFIC to eating ONLY Plant Life and Plant Products.

Why are you yelling at me and telling me things I already clearly know as I have said it myself

Perhaps you confused yourself on my last post. I thought I was very very clear multiple times. I am a vegetarian and not a vegan. When I mentioned eggs and milk I was not saying that was vegan. Keep up

Now a person eating EGGS is a person eating Animal Life as this is what an egg is...a Chicken Fetus.

I eat eggs and I do not feel any moral qualm. Likewise I am pro-choice to human abortions so long as they are done before a specific period of time.

If you look at the Vegan Lifters...they are not strict Vegans and any who claim to be...and also claim to have put on Muscle Mass and developed Muscle Density....ARE LYING.

Message the people in those links and tell them!

Any ways I am not interested in discussing veganism. This thread was about not eating meat....vegetarianism as a whole.
edit on 8-2-2013 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   

As I stated...no suppliments were used.

Just eating more does not address the issue of a persons ability to properly absorb Plant Proteins and Fatty Acids that the Plants Cellular Structure renders hard to absorb. In such cases a form of Biological Solvent may be used.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Because of my Muscle mass and density I need about 120 to 150 Grams of Protein just to get by although I have taken in well over 300 grams a day when eating Meat.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Sorry if you thought I was yelling. I have a CAP issue. LOL!

As far as the egg and Dairy thing...you should eat these as well as a good amount of fish although Mercury levels are an issue.

As far as the weight lifters...No Way are they gaining this level of muscle eating just Plant Life.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
All that is going on here is energy movement.
Eat something and energy is consumed which makes energy.

Energy in - energy out.

It is just energy moving.

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Originally posted by gosseyn

Did you know that human beings actually KILL other animals to EAT them ? Don't you find that disgusting ? They even have built factories to INDUSTRIALISE the process of killing the other sentient animals and chop them in small portions that they pack in plastic. WOW. At first I didn't want to believe it but I have seen the proofs. It's 100% true. They eat dead corpses of animals that are made of exactly the same stuff as them, and almost every human being find that this is totally normal. They even encourage their own LITTLE CHILDREN to eat dead corpses of other sentient beings, imagine that... I mean, what do they have in mind ?? Can't they just think for one second ? I am truly out of words..

I have a more important question!!

How did a sarcastic trolling rant make 21 pages of content? That’s unbelievable. I mean, the world economies are collapsing faster than Obama can play a round of golf, war is still happening almost everywhere, people are dying of hunger and disease globally, tyranny abounds, etc and here we are discussing humans eating meat???

I have to give it up to you, OP! You’ve made it happen…you even got my attention!

S&F

Gotta run! Hamburgers on the grill!!

I don't know why people keep thinking and saying that this is a troll, because it was not my intention at all. It is a reality check, like if it was performed by an outside observer. And you know, some believe that everything is linked, that as long as we kill other animals, we will continue to wage wars against other human beings.

I could have said "Humans build weapons then they kill each other(true story)".

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Whichever one is no meat, eggs or dairy. Doesn't make sense to me otherwise. Eggs is a form of meat, just not as developed as some other meats. Fish is meat, chicken is meat. Dairy I really don't use much of anyway, a bit of milk in the coffee, or butter on the skillet when I cook is all for me.

There is no american cheese in canada, so I tend not to eat much, I don't really care for cheddar. Pizza maybe once a month is most of my cheese consumption. If I was still stateside, I would eat more sliced cheese on my sandwiches maybe.
edit on Fri, 08 Feb 2013 13:21:20 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join