It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King Richard III dig: DNA confirms bones are king's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

King Richard III dig: DNA confirms bones are king's

www.bbc.co.uk

Experts from the University of Leicester said DNA from the bones matched that of descendants of the monarch's family.

Lead archaeologist Richard Buckley, from the University of Leicester, told a press conference to applause: "Beyond reasonable doubt it's Richard."

Richard, killed in battle in 1485, will be reinterred in Leicester Cathedral.

His skeleton had suffered 10 injuries, including eight to the skull. Two of the skull wounds were potentially fatal.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Well they have eventually confirmed that the bones are most definitely King Richard 3rd.

Apparently they were baffled as they were starting to think it was a women, as he was unusually slender and feminine like.

Well know we know why he died in battle, he fought like girl due to his women like features.

There is a DNA match between the maternal DNA of the descendants of the family of Richard III and the skeletal remains we found at the Greyfriars dig.

Regards,

www.bbc.co.uk

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by The0nlytruth

Mixed feelings about this.

Happy it is confirmed to be Richard III but annoyed he is being interred in Leicester - why? His only link with Leicester is that he died there. Burial should certainly either be in Westminster or, my preference, York Minster (as he had commissioned his palace to be built in York).

Lessons for the future - always have a moment when you enter any car park in Blighty - you could be on Royalty!

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
An earlier thread has captured the imagination of scores of posters (about three). Find it here and behold,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Just goes to prove that even Kings ( and Queens) can be dumped on a rubbish ground and forgotten about.
I know they didn't know it was to become a car park but whos to say it was hallowed ground anyway?
Note to current Monarchy, you may have to change your ways to be remembered fondly or face being dumped somewhere and forgotten about for a few hundred years.

Oh and I forgot to add, we can DNA sequence a dead royal to make sure they are who they think they are, but we're not allowed to DNA test a living royal to ensure the lineage? I mean come on.
edit on 4/2/13 by DataWraith because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Why do i feel like this should be part of a Superbowl Commercial?

The Bones of King Richard III rise from the parking lot, and climbs into the newly redesigned Kia Sorrento before heading off to meet up with Jimmy Hoffa, Bigfoot and Amelia Earhart.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by The0nlytruth

Well they have eventually confirmed that the bones are most definitely King Richard 3rd.

Apparently they were baffled as they were starting to think it was a women, as he was unusually slender and feminine like.

Well know we know why he died in battle, he fought like girl due to his women like features.

There is a DNA match between the maternal DNA of the descendants of the family of Richard III and the skeletal remains we found at the Greyfriars dig.

Regards,

www.bbc.co.uk

I'm assuming that you worked on the dig when you say ' we found at Greyfriars' kudos on the find and dna match, have scraped out a few skellies in my time and one always wondered as to who they may have been as living humans. The possibility of Royalty obviously would merit a dna search and a bit of a looksee (as opposed to Baldrick the latrine sludger) but its an exciting event and a right royal result.
Thanks for posting even if ats is distracted by the superbowl and America is afraid of their guns being confiscated its interesting to some. In true historian tradition, let the row start over where old 'missin' Dick 3' should be reinterred and whether the car park should be renamed.

new topics

top topics

join