It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI nabs Malcolm X grandson en route to Iran

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Originally posted by NarrowGate

No, but we should keep an eye on them unless they are Americans whose people happen to hail from Iran. There is a difference.

Maybe you should keep an eye on your own government before you go pointing fingers at other countries..

Iran has harbored terrorists. They should not be surprised the US keeps the pressure on their dumb selfs (talking about Iranian leaders, not the oppressed people).

Like the USA, Al-Qaeda (if they are real of course) didn't produce their weapons themselves.
edit on 4-2-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

1.No this is clear. My country is morally light years ahead of Iran.

2. What does where weapons are produced have to do with anything? Those terrorists you refer to are real. Yes the US has been forced to fight wars through proxies. It's a cold world get you a hoodie.

Our government does such a good job stopping these terrorists that gullible people have become convinced they do not even exist!

People complain too much.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThoughtIsMadness
reply to post by NarrowGate

"You hate a dog because it does not do as you say.You beat a dog with a stick until it bites you, then you kill the dog and tell everyone that the dog was vicious." - US policy on terrorism

This deserved to be said again.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Congress gave the PResident authority to detain Americans forever without a trial....they also gave him authority to kill Americans without a trial.

Ole Malcolm X Jr Jr won't get killed off by Barry.....the black community will get mad if he isn't allowed to keep on going to Iran.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Why? Because Iran don't believe in your way of life?

2. What does where weapons are produced have to do with anything? Those terrorists you refer to are real. Yes the US has been forced to fight wars through proxies. It's a cold world get you a hoodie.

So the USA has sponsored terrorism.. No different to what you accuse Iran of doing..

Our government does such a good job stopping these terrorists that gullible people have become convinced they do not even exist!

Extremists do exist, just because I don't agree with a western boogeyman name doesn't mean I don't think they exist. But it doesn't change the fact that your government armed and funded them, like they are doing with the Syrian opposition, like they done in Libya all because those countries didn't want to play ball with the elite.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

The war on terror will end one day BTW. We will win this fight.

You are not being serious are you?
And who is "we"?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by FoosM

You are not being serious are you?
And who is "we"?

The rest of the world...that are not terrorists...smh

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Congress gave the PResident authority to detain Americans forever without a trial....they also gave him authority to kill Americans without a trial.

Ole Malcolm X Jr Jr won't get killed off by Barry.....the black community will get mad if he isn't allowed to keep on going to Iran.
WRONG! People need to quit generalizing, like just because someone is black we rally behind them no matter WHAT,simply because they're black. GTFOH with that crap. I'm black and I wouldn't get pissed about anything concerning this guy. And here's a newsflash....I'm black and I'm no fan of Barry. Who would've thought THAT could happen???

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Extremists do exist, just because I don't agree with a western boogeyman name doesn't mean I don't think they exist. But it doesn't change the fact that your government armed and funded them, like they are doing with the Syrian opposition, like they done in Libya all because those countries didn't want to play ball with the elite.

Its just colonialists being colonialists, isnt it? Like they have been doing for these last hundreds of years.
And even rebel nations like the US have now become the muscle for their masters.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
They can't have goyim from America and Iran collaborating against Zionist global control. Malcolm got killed because he knew too much and he likely confided in his family. People may call this person a traitor but you don't know what he knows.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Why? Because Iran don't believe in your way of life?

So the USA has sponsored terrorism.. No different to what you accuse Iran of doing..

1. Iran is evil. I don't think anyone needs me to provide evidence...right? They don't have to conform to our way of life, they just have to stop slaughtering and oppressing people.

2. As I said, proxies are used. You have no evidence the US ever actually funded terrorism because it never happened. Proxies do whatever they want when they are done being proxies. It's not easy to help oppressed people, because there is always another dumb predator looking to take control and take advantage of the situation.

3. So you actually think that THAT specific terrorist organization you mentioned does not exist. What about the rest? I have to give the US service members credit, they have done a good enough job that people don't even believe al-queda is real anymore

My daughter is blessed to have been born here and not in Iran, I can tell you that much. You support evil if you support the enemies of the US in the war on terror. Iran has done this, and therefore supports evil (terrorists).

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strakha
They can't have goyim from America and Iran collaborating against Zionist global control. Malcolm got killed because he knew too much and he likely confided in his family. People may call this person a traitor but you don't know what he knows.

I call hoax.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   

1. Iran is evil. I don't think anyone needs me to provide evidence...right? They don't have to conform to our way of life, they just have to stop slaughtering and oppressing people.

What people are they slaughtering and oppressing? I'm sure 70 Million Iranians would rather be oppressed than serve a bunch of degenerates who live across the other side of the planet. When I think of oppression, I think of Gaza, not Iran.

2. As I said, proxies are used. You have no evidence the US ever actually funded terrorism because it never happened. Proxies do whatever they want when they are done being proxies. It's not easy to help oppressed people, because there is always another dumb predator looking to take control and take advantage of the situation.

Now I know your full of BS because you government openly admit it.

3. So you actually think that THAT specific terrorist organization you mentioned does not exist. What about the rest? I have to give the US service members credit, they have done a good enough job that people don't even believe al-queda is real anymore

My daughter is blessed to have been born here and not in Iran, I can tell you that much. You support evil if you support the enemies of the US in the war on terror. Iran has done this, and therefore supports evil (terrorists).

It must be such a blessing to steal other countries resources and then watch your government slaughter their people aswell.. But lets say you and your daughter weren't born in the USA and in Iran, would you still agree to your daughter being shelled by foreign armies?
edit on 4-2-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Yeah.. it's b.s. our country owns us. We aren't free to travel as we please.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

You have been brainwashed in a bad way
How can a country, a land be EVIL?
You mean every single person, animal, rock, plant in Iran is evil?
And who are they slaughtering?
Have they killed more civilians than the US?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
Does anyone remember Obama signed unlawful, illegal legislation, that only the worst fascists in the world sign, that they can unlawfully detain anyone they wish, without trial, without charge, and without the letting the person know why they're being detained, and even murder them.

So, no I don't have to their "intelligence".

Show me evidence of this legislation being abused. While I don't like it either, I have not heard of them abusing it yet. In the short term it may prove beneficial. If and when the war on terror is actually over - we can be rid of the law.

eta: we have had people stateside be brainwashed by islamic extremists in the past btw. Sad to say, but I can see why they passed it.

edit on 4-2-2013 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

Hate to poop in your cheerios but that law is not going anywhere, it is on the books til the end. The governement does not give up power plain and simple.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by artnut

Originally posted by Unity_99
Does anyone remember Obama signed unlawful, illegal legislation, that only the worst fascists in the world sign, that they can unlawfully detain anyone they wish, without trial, without charge, and without the letting the person know why they're being detained, and even murder them.

So, no I don't have to their "intelligence".

Show me evidence of this legislation being abused. While I don't like it either, I have not heard of them abusing it yet. In the short term it may prove beneficial. If and when the war on terror is actually over - we can be rid of the law.

eta: we have had people stateside be brainwashed by islamic extremists in the past btw. Sad to say, but I can see why they passed it

What makes you think they would ever get rid of this law willingly, and what makes you think you would ever hear about the "abuse"? If they don't even have to tell the person the reason they were arrested, and can detain them indefinitely, why do you think you would ever hear about it?

edit on 4-2-2013 by artnut because: added more

They will get rid of the law when the war on terror is won. IDK how long that will take though. Those "evil Zionists" are going to help us win it too believe it or not.

The reason you would hear about it is because everyone has loved ones. If peaceful protesters and such start getting snatched up, you will hear about it. There will be leaks. Believe it or not, there are people in the US government that actually care about us. If the NDAA is abused, we will hear about it.

The war on terror is no joke. It is not to be equated to the war on drugs as some like to do. These people are evil, and they will spread if we let them. They also happen to hate America with a passion. No they do not have good reason for this. We would help them actually, if they would freaking let us. The problem is we require them to stop slaughtering and oppressing people. You see that right there is where the US and terrorist organizations (that run some nations now) disagree. We don't think people should be slaughtered and oppressed.

With this in mind, we should make sure they don't manage to slaughter any of us. We are keeping score here. The score is in human lives. The only thing that matters is the losses. I am happy they can do what is necessary to protect us.

When the war on terror ends, this law will change. It will happen because it would be a popular move, and politicians rely on votes.

I don't even know where to begin with your post. The war on "terrorism" will never be won, it can't be won! You cannot crush something that only exists as an idea. One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter. The Feds now have unparalleled power now and we gave it to them willingly to use or abuse with no accountability whatsoever. Better be careful on who you root for, because tomorrow you may be the "terrorist" only because you don't want to willingly give up your rights as defined by The Bill of Rights.

This is not to say that the Iranian government are "good guys", because they most assuredly are not. The sad reality however is that when it comes to those in charge there are very few "good guys".

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

We have the morale high ground, and this is a very complicated war (on terror).

Narrowgate you really are naive. It seems as if you would believe anything the government would say by sheer default.

Oh and it's "moral" not "morale" and the United States lost the MORAL high ground a long time ago.

Let's not allow the fact that this Malcolm X's Grandson cloud our judgement of this story.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

If and when the war on terror is actually over - we can be rid of the law.

When exactly would you consider it over?

The terrorist threat has been wildly exaggerated in much the same vein as the Communist threat was during the Cold War.

The only people benefiting from these wars are the arms companies. If you honestly think a rag tag bunch of militants in Afghanistan (who let's not forget the United States funded and armed) pose an existential threat to the United States and your everyday life then you are a fool.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Iran is evil. I don't think anyone needs me to provide evidence...right?

Well actually yes. If you're going to post such a ludicrous and outrageous statement I'm sure we'd like some evidence rather than just the shallow myopic government propaganda line that Iran is evil.

Why are they evil? Who said they were evil?

Did you at any point stop and think?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
This was a stupid move, they should have let him make the trip. They could have learned a lot more.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join