It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI nabs Malcolm X grandson en route to Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

FBI nabs Malcolm X grandson en route to Iran

www.presstv.ir

The grandson of the late African-American civil rights leader Malcolm X has been arrested by FBI agents on his way to Iran.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 2/4/2013 by semperfortis because: Copy the EXACT Headline

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
News is just breaking in. How could they just arrest him? FBI arresting an innocent man. There is no reason to have arrested him.

I believe he was attending the Hollywoodism and Zionism conference:
www.fajrfilmfestival.com...

www.presstv.ir

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
interesting news, but its too soon to jump into conclusions

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Ah well. I've heard some of his work. He seems a bit artificial. Has none of the oratory abilities of his grandfather. he lacks conviction, emotion and authenticity when he speaks. It sounds like he's just reading through words when he talks.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by corporation

Originally posted by corporation
FBI arresting an innocent man. There is no reason to have arrested him.

How have you determined this? Do you have the same intelligence the FBI has?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

News is just breaking in. How could they just arrest him? FBI arresting an innocent man. There is no reason to have arrested him.

www.presstv.ir

There's a trade embargo on Iran, therefore that function would have been a prohibited trip for an American.. so yes it is a crime according to the Government (although seems petty afaic)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Can someone clarify something for me please?

Is the United States at war with Iran?

Has the US officially declared war on Iran, or has Iran officially declared war on the US?

If not, i don't see how anyone travelling to Iran can possibly be any business of the FBI or any other agency.

Not particularly liking a country is neither here nor there, for a US citizen to be arrested over simply going there, official war would have to had been declared.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Verry interesting, is that his name?
Malcolm Shabazz

Where have I heard the name Shabazz before?

Oh yes, there was some questions regarding a Bâri′ M. Shabazz.

hmmm, perhaps a relative sent him.

edit on 072828p://bMonday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

My point is that there's very likely something we don't know about the situation. He didn't necessarily get arrested for traveling to Iran. I know it's hard to believe, but the FBI probably has a little more information on this guy than ATS members do. Just a guess, but I bet I'm right.

It's possible they've been watching him for some reason, then discovered he was about to leave the country, so arrested him. We'll just have to wait and see.
edit on 2/4/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX

Can someone clarify something for me please?

Is the United States at war with Iran?

Has the US officially declared war on Iran, or has Iran officially declared war on the US?

If not, i don't see how anyone travelling to Iran can possibly be any business of the FBI or any other agency.

Not particularly liking a country is neither here nor there, for a US citizen to be arrested over simply going there, official war would have to had been declared.

He was likely involved in more than just going there, and Iran is home to a few terrorists. They are our adversaries.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

www.presstv.ir

For all you know he was linking up with terrorists. Low and behold the FBI arrested him.... Or maybe it is nothing and he just set off too many red flags.

Let them do their job and quit bit*hing. One of the few things our government is good at is catching terrorists. Be thankful for that.

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarrowGate
Let them do their job and quit bit*hing. One of the few things our government is good at is catching terrorists. Be thankful for that.

They are pretty good at making them, too.

It's good to be on the "good boys" side, isn't it?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by drakus

Originally posted by NarrowGate

They are pretty good at making them, too.

It's good to be on the "good boys" side, isn't it?

When you are FORCED to fight proxy wars sh*t happens.

Meanwhile at camp blowyourselfupforvirgins......

We have the morale high ground, and this is a very complicated war (on terror).

People need to realize that we have fought it the wrong way. We need less people over there with better training, much better equipment in many cases, and less interference from the chain of command. If we do it the right way we can seriously help the world.

The problem is we let low quality human beings represent us over seas. For instance, if a soldier rapes a woman or slaughters civilians over there - it breeds enemies. Every casualty that is a non-combatant breeds future combatants out of their family. We are handling it wrong, but guess what, we still have the morale high ground by far on this one.

We go over there and get shot at while trying to install running water and electricity and schools. How dare we bring these things to these countries
. We are the bad guys, not the ones strapping bombs to little girls. No it must be us, the ones fighting these evil f*cks. Not the ones using chemical f*cking weapons on humans - do you know how insanely evil that is? Do you know what those do and how painful the death is? Yes believe it or not we are the good guys. This is a fight between a good people and a evil people. Period. F*ck that political correctness.

Who keeps making so many people on ATS side with our freaking enemies?? Yes our military handled the occupation wrong, but we were not the ones oppressing people.. Do you understand what the word oppress means?

edit on 4-2-2013 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Gotta go with BH on this one. The FBI can't just walk up to someone and arrest them. The person has to be breaking the law or there has to be an arrest warrent issued or there has to be a sting in operation ..

I'm wondering if the MSM will carry this at all ....

Edited to clarify .. what I'm saying is that I'm sure the FBI had a reason. Otherwise, they couldn't do it.
edit on 2/4/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Gotta go with BH on this one. The FBI can't just walk up to someone and arrest them. The person has to be breaking the law or there has to be an arrest warrent issued or there has to be a sting in operation ..

I'm wondering if the MSM will carry this at all ....

Hate to tell you, but if you go traveling to countries that are our enemies like Iran for instance - the FBI can and should walk up on you. What happens next should depend on why you were going.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   
This is Malcolm Shabazz?? Right??

OKAY .. quick google check has him coming up with lots of priors .... arson, manslaughter, theft, destruction of private property, punching holes in walls after being out in bars .

Some info here

At a hearing, experts described Shabazz as psychotic and schizophrenic.[16] He was also described as "brilliant but disturbed.

So it's entirely possible he has an outstanding warrent for something ....
Ya' never know ...

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by NarrowGate

What I (poorly) was getting at was that there MUST be a reason why they arrested him. They wouldn't just arrest him without cause. And after my google search I found that he has lots of priors and his stability is in question. So I'm sure that the FBI had a good reason ....

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

What I (poorly) was getting at was that there MUST be a reason why they arrested him. They wouldn't just arrest him without cause. And after my google search I found that he has lots of priors and his stability is in question. So I'm sure that the FBI had a good reason ....

Exactly. There was a reason. How good of one? Well look at where he was heading... I bet there was a really good one.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

reply to post by MysterX

My point is that there's very likely something we don't know about the situation. He didn't necessarily get arrested for traveling to Iran. I know it's hard to believe, but the FBI probably has a little more information on this guy than ATS members do. Just a guess, but I bet I'm right.

It's possible they've been watching him for some reason, then discovered he was about to leave the country, so arrested him. We'll just have to wait and see.
edit on 2/4/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

Like the FBI was watching that poor British sod, who was set up in a sting to flog the FBI missile batteries?

At his trial he told of how he repeatedly asked the FBI agents running the sting posing as EU buyers, that the batteries he was going to obtain were NOT destined for anywhere on the restricted list...and was repeatedly 'reassured' that it was definitely not, and everything was all perfectly leagal and above board...the ink wasn't even dry on the fake contracts before the FBI was extraditing him to stand trial for flogging 'missile componants' to Iran...

Basically, set up a poor old bloke trying to suppliment his pension, for the sake of a contrived conviction tick in the right FBI box.

Yeah, i'd say there's always something we don't know about regarding the US ABC's!

My point is, based on the information we have available on the forum right now, i.e. travelling to Iran seems to be a crime for US citizens, i'm curious as to the legislation being used as a means to prevent or criminalise such travel, when Iran is not on a war footing (however much it's propagandised to be) with the US or her allies, or is even a declared enemy.

Ideological differences don't mean a damned thing...look at the trade done with China for example...they are not exactly walking step in step with the US or UK principles of freedom and human rights..yet they are being made the worlds foremost economic superpower, despite the ideological differences.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

"You hate a dog because it does not do as you say.You beat a dog with a stick until it bites you, then you kill the dog and tell everyone that the dog was vicious." - US policy on terrorism

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join