It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police State? I Was Ticketed For Trying To Protect My Son From MSM

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

Police do that all the time. And any half decend reporter says "no". They may get arrested on bogus charges but that only makes for a bigger story and a seriously big pay day.

The law is fracked nowadays anyways.

1st amendment hasn't changed in ages btw.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by indy0725

So while my son is standing there I should push someone away and get violent?teaching my kid that violence is the answer?no thanks.I don't teach my children that violence is the answer

Nice sidestep on the question.

And I never said you should push someone away and get violent. I said at least the father took some form of action, as opposed to nothing. Or what? Talking? That's what everyone does on this forum, just talk.

How would you handle the situation? Would you mind if random strangers took video of your child(ren) on purpose?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

Police do that all the time. And any half decend reporter says "no". They may get arrested on bogus charges but that only makes for a bigger story and a seriously big pay day.

The law is fracked nowadays anyways.

1st amendment hasn't changed in ages btw.

I agree with ya and believe police do it all the time, and will try to intimidate whoever it is with the camera, legal or not. In recent years there was a legal push in some states to make filming/recording audio of police officers illegal, but that has largely been struck down. I don't doubt corrupt cops acting above the law on this issue if "caught" on tape with something.

And yes, the 1st Amendment itself on paper may not have changed, but people definitely do not get all of the freedom it is supposed to provide. You cannot say what you want, when you want, where you want - and not face the possibility of jail. Just look at Free Speech Zones as an example of how corrupted this is.

The 1st amendment hasn't changed, but new laws regulating the 1st amendment are around.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join