It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran’s cutting-edge Fighter a hoax, critics claim

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
this propaganda was aimed at the iranian people, not isreal or the west

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
this propaganda was aimed at the iranian people, not isreal or the west

it was aimed to all. So all the countries can know they are developing aircraft. uhh fuel for ww3 maybe? who knows. Things are quite random nowadays.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Well duh. Anyone with eyeballs could see that it is a mockup. Love the firefox wings. I'd steal it if I could think in farsi.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by digital01anarchy

You're confusing the stealth bomber with the F-117. The F-117 flew for years before it was unveiled. The B-2 was unveiled just before its first flight, and was a grey project. It was public from the start. The F-117 was finally revealed because there were several sightings of it, and they had to start doing daytime flying.

It doesn't matter if the US is 100 years ahead of everyone else on the planet. There are still ways to get through the defenses and hurt our military. As I said in another thread all Iran has to do is get one missile through to a carrier, and they can get a mission kill. The CSG has to stop 100% of the missiles 100% of the time. Do the math. Sooner or later they're going to get one through. And that's without even starting to talk about the diesel subs, and sonar conditions in the Gulf. If the US goes after Iran, it's going to hurt. The Iranians won't be able to stop us, unless the politicians and public do what they usually do, and wimp out in the middle of it, but it's going to hurt a lot more than Iraq and Afghanistan did.

I was 8 at the time so yeah you could be right i just remember it was stealth and they had special ops surrounding it with loaded m16's it was no joke. The anti missile tech they have now is very interesting all it takes is a laser to knock an incoming missile down so the Chinese DF-21D will not work anymore as they will probably mount one in each blind spot on the carrier or they will have multiple support ships with the anti missile tech guarding the carrier. yeah your right if one gets through its lights out for the carrier but thats if it gets through the carrier defense and the anti missile laser. Then you can expect an all out assault where the missile was launched. But yeah war isn't a cake walk like people think, often low tech solutions beat out highly advanced systems.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

Take note of my name. Captain.

Second, yes I have flown many aircraft including Prototype aircraft.

Yes I have seen wings like that before but not on fighter aircraft

You are a bit rude?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Was surfing the web earlier when I came across this example of Iran's 313;
Not sure if this is CGI - but the bird looks a little more formidable in this shot.

edit on 4-2-2013 by HumAnnunaki because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by harryhaller

And that has what to do with the Iranian prototype? Or is it just another excuse to slam the US for something?

reply to post by milkyway12

It's not designed for high speed. It's a tactical bomber, most likely designed for low level attack, based on the downward wingtips.

Yeah he posted that cause someone earlier had to dig at Iran for some sort of Rig of these sinking

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

or check out the F-104 that we used for a long time..it had REALLY tiny wings...

oh here, here's another page ALL ABOUT trainer aircraft, some of which are just training versions of actual fighter aircraft....tiny wings, and a small airframe do not necessarily mean fakery, or an inability to perform in combat..

Yeah! So there...

Reality was...

Sexy looking bird, but kind of a deathtrap...

The F-104 was notoriously unstable...

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

"I'm sure US military said the same thing about aircraft design before the wright brothers flew."

im sure they said alot more than that heh ^^

on topic
i wouldnt discredit them till we see it fly, lets face it, almost everything today built looks like plastic, hell maybe it is carbon fiber, basically is plastic, heh.

they should have left it black like on the computer model it loks nasty, heh.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainBeno

Take note of my name. Captain.

Second, yes I have flown many aircraft including Prototype aircraft.

Yes I have seen wings like that before but not on fighter aircraft

You are a bit rude?

Lol...OK...Captain..

......it's not a fighter....it's a bomber.

Those wings....TSR-2 low-level nuclear strike bomber and B-70 high altitude nuclear strike bomber.

You are changing your story from one post to the next...

Plus it's small, has no engines and the wings are something I have never seen before. Massive drag?? Strange they would showcase tis to the world.....do they presume we are all thick?

So which is it....Captain ? You began by saying you had NEVER seen wings like that...now you are saying you have seen wings like that.....you know what..your credibility just flew out the window...Captain.

And rude ?.....believe me I can get a lot more abrasive when faced with obvious untruths...Captain.

Have fun flying ...whatever it is you think you fly.

C...

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

"this propaganda was aimed at the iranian people, not isreal or the west "

agreeed this is no more a story then when we released pics and videos of navys new balloon a couple months back. im sure the rest of the world was pretty scared of a giant blimp too lol.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
All of you naysayers!

Tsk. Tsk.

This is a formidable looking fighter/bomber...

The Iranians were bragging about this very scary aircraft... Anti-radar skin, unmatched air-to-air missiles and of course, without a doubt the finest pilots in the world.

It is obviously going to be the mother of all fighters...

For a MANNED aircraft the scaling is TOTALLY off.

Scale the pilot... Now go look at some REAL aircraft.

Zaphod has obviously got something against Amerikans... So skip those A.S.S. type aircraft for now.

Look at the latest, greatest Russian hardware...

Now look at the size of this cartoon version of a fighter/bomber...

You REALLY think they're going to put a J85 in that thing?

Much less attach any kind of external tanks or ordinance to this thing?

I've got a word for you Military Industrial Complex (actually 3 words!).

Do you guys have ANY idea of the baseline technologies and man hours it takes to put a modern airplane together?

Sure, the Iranians are clever, but...

The baseline technologies to get the job done does NOT exist in Iran.

Currently Stealth technology comes in two flavors... inherent radar profile and radar negating skin.

This puppy plainly doesn't have either one...

And the Iranians sure do NOT have access to those technologies...

So you're betting the farm Zaphod that this thing is some kind of mockup...

That's NOT exactly how they rolled it out for all of the world to see...

And here I was worried our old pal, the Iraqi Minister of Information had been forgotten.

This thing was obviously designed as a naval airframe, it's going to be the main strike craft for the new twin J'aiPeur aircraft carriers, I believe set to be unveiled next week, that will be joining the vaunted Iranian 24th Fleet safeguarding the Mediterranean Sea.

Those Persians are NOT to be trifled with...

edit on 5-2-2013 by golemina because: Missing phrase.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by golemina
All of you naysayers!

Tsk. Tsk.

This is a formidable looking fighter/bomber...

The Iranians were bragging about this very scary aircraft... Anti-radar skin, unmatched air-to-air missiles and of course, without a doubt the finest pilots in the world.

It is obviously going to be the mother of all fighters...

For a MANNED aircraft the scaling is TOTALLY off.

Scale the pilot... Now go look at some REAL aircraft.

Zaphod has obviously got something against Amerikans... So skip those A.S.S. type aircraft for now.

Look at the latest, greatest Russian hardware...

Now look at the size of this cartoon version of a fighter/bomber...

You REALLY think they're going to put a J85 in that thing?

Much less attach any kind of external tanks or ordinance to this thing?

I've got a word for you Military Industrial Complex (actually 3 words!).

Do you guys have ANY idea of the baseline technologies and man hours it takes to put a modern airplane together?

Sure, the Iranians are clever, but...

The baseline technologies to get the job done does NOT exist in Iran.

Currently Stealth technology comes in two flavors... inherent radar profile and radar negating skin.

This puppy plainly doesn't have either one...

And the Iranians sure do NOT have access to those technologies...

So you're betting the farm Zaphod that this thing is some kind of mockup...

That's NOT exactly how they rolled it out for all of the world to see...

And here I was worried our old pal, the Iraqi Minister of Information had been forgotten.

This thing was obviously designed as a naval airframe, it's going to be the main strike craft for the new twin J'aiPeur aircraft carriers, I believe set to be unveiled next week, that will be joining the vaunted Iranian 24th Fleet safeguarding the Mediterranean Sea.

Those Persians are NOT to be trifled with...

edit on 5-2-2013 by golemina because: Missing phrase.

Seeing as Zaphod is not here....I'll have a piece of you.

First..it is a three quarter scale Mock-up.

Second...Iran has it's own Military Industrial Complex.

Third..Stealth come in four flavors...Profile...skin material....paint...and plasma.

Fourth...Iran has access to all four technologies.

Fifth...what kind of fool would ruin the whole point of stealth by attaching external tanks and ordnance ?? hmmm ?? by definition these things have to be carried internally.

Six...A mock-up is exactly how the Iranians rolled it out...at no point have they said it was a production bomber.

Seven...J'ai Peur ?? Your afraid ?? well they do say Hubris and Bravado is a sign of insecurity...and your post is full of it.

C...

edit on 5-2-2013 by Cosmic4life because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
im with zaphod and cosmic on this. as a member of the US Air Force, f-15 avionics. these look pretty legit. i like the design. the "small intakes" are fine, there are 2 and only the one small ish engine. the wings are nice touch, id say the only thing that throws me off is the conards with aftset wings and lack of horizontal stablizers. good for them.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by golemina

I have something against Americans? HAHAHAHA! Have you bothered to read my threads??? Ever??? I have something against people that say that the US will obviously walk all over any country that we have to fight without taking a single loss, and are 50 years ahead of everyone else technology wise. Something against Americans.....God that's the funniest thing I've read in ages.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

people are ignorant lol. And assume to much. Don't worry bro. Btw. this is my 150th post woot. i will see you in chat

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce
Here is another fine example of Iranian engineering....

Here is an example of western engineering.

But hey, lets not get judgmental.
edit on 5-2-2013 by Strainz because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
This is the Boeing Bird of Prey

upload.wikimedia.org...

notreally.info...

Guess what - it flew!

This is the British TSR-2

www.pondhall.org.uk...

Oh look... it flies

This is the North American B-70

img805.yfrog.com...

It flew... and was one of the fastest planes ever built.

All those people making stupid statements about the design of this aircraft are simply wallowing in massive ignorance, know nothing about aircraft design and - frankly - have just drank the propaganda Kool Aid, and its sad.

Of course the Israeli's are going to diss this plane. They have a grudge with Iran.

As has already been pointed out, every major manufacturer mocks up planes before they build the working versions. Why should the Iranians be any different?

Just because its not American, doesn't mean it can't be true.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Seeing as Zaphod is not here....I'll have a piece of you.

First..it is a three quarter scale Mock-up.

Second...Iran has it's own Military Industrial Complex.

Third..Stealth come in four flavors...Profile...skin material....paint...and plasma.

Fourth...Iran has access to all four technologies.

Fifth...what kind of fool would ruin the whole point of stealth by attaching external tanks and ordnance ?? hmmm ?? by definition these things have to be carried internally.

Six...A mock-up is exactly how the Iranians rolled it out...at no point have they said it was a production bomber.

Seven...J'ai Peur ?? Your afraid ?? well they do say Hubris and Bravado is a sign of insecurity...and your post is full of it.

So... to paraphrase... IT'S FAKE.

Thank you. That wasn't so hard now was it?

J'ai Peur? When a guy somewhat adept at satire has to explain the absurdity of the Persian bluff... It somehow seemed appropriate.

Your 'arguments' carry as much weight as would a line drawing of their upcoming TWIN AIRCRAFT CARRIERS being added to the '24th Fleet'...

I can't help but notice your absolute lack of documentation of the Iranian 'Industrial Military Complex'...

Does anyone remember the 'fleet' of F4s grounded for absolute lack of spares.

I guess the guy making parts in the back of his bicycle shop got a real job with UPS. The shorts is what sold it to him.

To anyone with any real exposure to the Persian need to IMPORT practically every single component of their vaunted 'military technology'...

Fortunately, the suppliers Russia, China, and of course, Europe would sell their own mothers if the money was right...

It's not like the Persians have ever FAKED any of their so-called 'reveals'...

Have you already forgotten the cut-n-paste for the missile system dud, as in your know... left in it's launcher... but yet the public received a nice glossy picture of image of successful launches.

The Iranians are about as scary as the reprisals they laid on the IDF for blowing up one of their sites IN SYRIA just a few days ago...

You know... ALL TALK.

Kinda like you and Zaphod.

Did I hit a nerve there Zaphod? I can't imagine why anyone could POSSIBLY come to that conclusion with your coining of your acronym A.S.S....

Where is my quote about pride goitthing before the fall?

I have something against people that say that the US will obviously walk all over any country that we have to fight without taking a single loss, and are 50 years ahead of everyone else technology wise. Something against Americans.....

Seriously Zaphod, oh mighty thread killer, you'll have to let me know EXACTLY where I said ANY of that.

God that's the funniest thing I've read in ages.

(stoner voice on)

"That's what I was thinking!"

(stoner voice off)

edit on 5-2-2013 by golemina because: Make some more fun of Zaphod.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

That's because the one they are showing in a video is the MODEL. It's not the ACTUAL craft. They never claim to SHOW the REAL CRAFT… If it is real, it would be very early aircraft and they for sure wouldn't show landing and takeoff as it would give away capabilities.

However I "feel" like it's fake because they showed air resistance and I would never show something like that on TV.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join