It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran’s cutting-edge Fighter a hoax, critics claim

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
God I love this board. If it wasn't made by the US it sucks. Worst case of A. S. S. I have ever seen anywhere. This is actually quite an elegant design, but since they do like anyone else has done, and release a mockup instead of a prototype, and don't immediately have it flying it has to suck. Give me a break. Since it's not a Mach 12 fighter it has to suck. What a joke.
edit on 2/4/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

I don't know that much about planes but I did see the Stealth bomber the first time in was unveiled to the public. It was hands down the most advanced plane of its era and the USA had the plane for 10 years before they unveiled it. I really have a hard time believing they show whats up their sleeves when it comes to planes without having something that they can counter with. I think there are a lot of people who what to believe its all a bluff that the usa doesn't make good planes and got lucky with stealth tech! Mostly Europeans who want to believe their pilots are better and their planes are better. The point is a plane that couldn't be tracked with conventional radar and could aim with pin point accuracy to its target scared countries around the world and that was in the 80's to early 90's. Do you really believe the best they can come up with now is the f-35? The same people who built the blackbird and the stealth bomber? I mean the SR-71 was built in the 70's and still holds the record "Since 1976, it has held the world record for the fastest air-breathing manned aircraft, a record previously held by the YF-12"

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by JimTSpock

I didn't say they could or are. I do think they are capable of manufacturing jets and even stealth jets. The point is the article says they aren't capable of creating a jet which is just not true. They have in the past and it's not absurd that they may have again here.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life
reply to post by Zaphod58

I agree with you Zaphod..

...These bozo's don't seem to know that ALL Aircraft development goes from Mock-up to Prototype to Production.

C...

before you call people bozos you should pick up a book on aerodynamic design for supersonic jets - there's an obvious flaw

this is a good place to start aerade.cranfield.ac.uk...

also it doest take an aerial expert to know the video they showed is clearly a small scale remote control aircraft
edit on 4-2-2013 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Dont think they wanna tell the world what the plane does or doesnt do ,the news just talk about the new plane ,nothing to worry about.we dont know if the plane retracts the wings or not or any other usable info,its just for show,i like airplanes,even the ancient aliens airplanes...

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by cass1dy09

Iranians are smart, their culture is long lived and they designed algebra,
Is the plane real? I don't know, information was only released yesterday!

Actually, Algebra was a Babylonian invention, which makes it Iraqi and not Iranian. But the Iranian (Persian) culture also has a long history of scientific advancement.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by circuitsports

Originally posted by Cosmic4life

I agree with you Zaphod..

...These bozo's don't seem to know that ALL Aircraft development goes from Mock-up to Prototype to Production.

C...

before you call people bozos you should pick up a book on aerodynamic design for supersonic jets - there's an obvious flaw

this is a good place to start aerade.cranfield.ac.uk...

also it doest take an aerial expert to know the video they showed is clearly a small scale remote control aircraft
edit on 4-2-2013 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

That's all very well ...but

...this is a SUB-SONIC strike bomber !! ... designed to fly low under Radar.

And for the last time it's a Mock-up ...

All Aircraft start from models..progress through to Mock-ups then to prototypes then to production...

C...
edit on 4-2-2013 by Cosmic4life because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by digital01anarchy

God I love this board. If it wasn't made by the US it sucks. Worst case of A. S. S. I have ever seen anywhere. This is actually quite an elegant design, but since they do like anyone else has done, and release a mockup instead of a prototype, and don't immediately have it flying it has to suck. Give me a break. Since it's not a Mach 12 fighter it has to suck. What a joke.
edit on 2/4/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

I don't know that much about planes but I did see the Stealth bomber the first time in was unveiled to the public. It was hands down the most advanced plane of its era and the USA had the plane for 10 years before they unveiled it. I really have a hard time believing they show whats up their sleeves when it comes to planes without having something that they can counter with. I think there are a lot of people who what to believe its all a bluff that the usa doesn't make good planes and got lucky with stealth tech! Mostly Europeans who want to believe their pilots are better and their planes are better. The point is a plane that couldn't be tracked with conventional radar and could aim with pin point accuracy to its target scared countries around the world and that was in the 80's to early 90's. Do you really believe the best they can come up with now is the f-35? The same people who built the blackbird and the stealth bomber? I mean the SR-71 was built in the 70's and still holds the record "Since 1976, it has held the world record for the fastest air-breathing manned aircraft, a record previously held by the YF-12"

Actually the SR-71 was built in the 60's

A-12....SR-71....YF-12.. in sequence...in the 60's

C...

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JimTSpock

Who said it's fifth gen? No one is claiming they're building a fifth gen aircraft anywhere, except in your post.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy

You're confusing the stealth bomber with the F-117. The F-117 flew for years before it was unveiled. The B-2 was unveiled just before its first flight, and was a grey project. It was public from the start. The F-117 was finally revealed because there were several sightings of it, and they had to start doing daytime flying.

It doesn't matter if the US is 100 years ahead of everyone else on the planet. There are still ways to get through the defenses and hurt our military. As I said in another thread all Iran has to do is get one missile through to a carrier, and they can get a mission kill. The CSG has to stop 100% of the missiles 100% of the time. Do the math. Sooner or later they're going to get one through. And that's without even starting to talk about the diesel subs, and sonar conditions in the Gulf. If the US goes after Iran, it's going to hurt. The Iranians won't be able to stop us, unless the politicians and public do what they usually do, and wimp out in the middle of it, but it's going to hurt a lot more than Iraq and Afghanistan did.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

Ya you kind of see it at 2:58...but that damn icon bar is in the way
...partially

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by circuitsports

And you should try reading the description of the aircraft in question.

A new single-seat bomber jet designed to evade radar detection is not intended as an offensive weapon, Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad said Saturday.

www.upi.com...

The new single-seat bomber has been manufactured based on state-of-the-art technologies and modern defense achievements.

www.presstv.com...

It's as much a fighter as the F-117 was. It's also not supersonic, and wasn't designed to be. It was designed for low level strike missions, and short field take offs. Those wings will be good for those roles.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicexplorer

The speculation is that they're going to use a modified version of the J85, as they have a number of those in service.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Ah thx mate...perfect....

Such an odd design

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicexplorer

It is, but I'm willing to bet that if it flies then the design will work fairly well for the mission it's designed for. I don't see it being some amazing revolutionary design, but decent for the mission.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Fake? Probably not. But it's not all that great like Iran seems to be claiming either.

My guess by the looks of it...

I'd say they got their hands on a surplus of American sourced trainer or export jets (F-5 Tigershark?) for engines, avionics, and core fuselage structure of the airframe. Then from there they did some of their own stuff while taking some educated guesses on how stealth works. Computers and simulation are cheap these days, and they do have some half-decent Russian or Chinese radars to play with in addition to some of the older western stuff. (How stealthy it is? Who knows, probably still a decade or two behind our latest and greatest. Looks like something built as an light and cheap interceptor that wouldn't seem to hold up well in a real dogfight. Probably enough to chase away drones or spy aircraft, but that's about it.)

It's likely following the route of their "new" attack helicopter in development, you know that Bell 206 knockoff? (Not that they chose an entirely bad platform, our Kiowa works well for what it does and it's based on that. Then again, the Kiowa certainly isn't a Cobra or Apache.)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

yup. first thing i can thing of when i saw this plane is maneuverability. It looks like it can bank easily. meaning if you did fly low. you ould avoid trees easily and other things. Something like this would be able to fly low enough to avoid radar.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
The aircraft in the video is a Model, and is likely on display to show the countries leaders, servicemen and people what they have come up with. Chances are they could very well have a few working prototypes, but it's also common to keep those under lock and key until it hits production to keep the companies investment safe. Models like this are also great to secure investors, as well as find new ones. It's one thing to tell your people and investors what you're doing, but a full scale model tends to provide more " Awe. "

Israel is just doing it's best to discredit Iran at all opportunities.

I can't remember who it was that posted it, but I don't think I'd fly this " model " either. Might not serve you well to sit in the hall, making engine noises in the cockpit.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   

And if it WAS a mach 12 fighter... it would be claimed to have been "stolen US technology... but thats OK because 'we' already have a mach 90 that no ones knows about"

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Not only can they not build real ones, even their fakes are pathetic.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

Exactly. I have a new favorite acronym now. A.S.S. American Superiority Syndrome. If you listen to some posts on here (a lot lately actually) the US will roll right over everyone, and not take any damage whatsoever. They'll shoot down anything in the air from 100 miles away with no problem (despite the success rate of BVR missiles being in the single digits in most cases, and below 20% in the best), our ships will sink everything they have with no problems (despite not being able to handle a single diesel sub in the open ocean let alone in shallow waters such as the Gulf), etc.

Yes, the Iranians have basically improved on US built aircraft they already had, but they have done a lot with almost no access to resources.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join