It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran’s cutting-edge Fighter a hoax, critics claim

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Daedalus
reply to post by JimTSpock

tiny wings, and a small airframe do not necessarily mean fakery, or an inability to perform in combat..

Yes they do. This thing is obviously fake.

“implausible aerodynamics and Hollywood sheen” and was laughably small for a fighter jet.
I tend to agree.

www.globalsecurity.org...

The A-4 didn't have small wings at all. The F-104 is from the 50's. Even the F-16 is much bigger than this thing and that is supposed to be a lightweight fighter.

We're talking about 2013. Look at some 5th gen jets (or even 4th gen) and compare. That might be more interesting and relevant.

I think the old Lockheed F-104 Starfighter would be better than this thing. That was one sharp pointy fast jet, not great at turning though because of the small wings.
edit on 4-2-2013 by JimTSpock because: add

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by inj3ct0r
Iran is a very stupid country.

What is the damn point in 'faking' a fighter?

Did they think they will scare away the US and IDF forces?

edit on 4-2-2013 by inj3ct0r because: (no reason given)

The point is, the US is in damage control mode.

Hey, I wonder what happend to that US Sentinel Drone that was "shot down and crashed"?

Doesn't look too damaged to me. Oh, but that's just another "fake" the Iranian's made, right?

Put your try pants on.

Lima-1, out.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by OperationIraqiFailure

It didn't get shot down, it landed in Iran, without any damage.

It was a gift.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimTSpock
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

No. Iran cannot design and manufacture a jet fighter which can compete with the US or Russia. They can't build a 5th gen fighter. Only a few countries in the world can do this and they are not one.
To think they can is fantasy and not realistic.

You assume they are trying to compete with the U.S. or russia...who says they are?

maybe they just want or need something new, to replace their aging air fleet, and they don't want 20 year-old used hand-me-down's from the rest of the world. maybe they don't want to have a hodge-podge air force made up of everybody else's planes any more, maybe they want planes that are uniquely Iranian...did you ever consider that?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by cass1dy09

Iranians are smart, their culture is long lived and they designed algebra, assuming they are unable to break design concepts with new and improved is flawed, it can happen!
If they have such a long lived culture and designed algebra then why aern't they leading the Aerospace industry? Just curious.

Economic sanctions imposed by the U.S.?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

Not really. So you actually think this thing will ever fly for the Iranian airforce? It never will it's propaganda. But keep dreaming.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimTSpock

Originally posted by Daedalus
reply to post by JimTSpock

tiny wings, and a small airframe do not necessarily mean fakery, or an inability to perform in combat..

Yes they do. This thing is obviously fake.

“implausible aerodynamics and Hollywood sheen” and was laughably small for a fighter jet.
I tend to agree.

www.globalsecurity.org...

The A-4 didn't have small wings at all. The F-104 is from the 50's. Even the F-16 is much bigger than this thing and that is supposed to be a lightweight fighter.

We're talking about 2013. Look at some 5th gen jets (or even 4th gen) and compare. That might be more interesting and relevant.

I think the old Lockheed F-104 Starfighter would be better than this thing. That was one sharp pointy fast jet, not great at turning though because of the small wings.
edit on 4-2-2013 by JimTSpock because: add

who cares what the year is? if they can build it, and it does what it was designed to do, why do you care?

did you even bother reading the stuff i linked to?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

What the A-4 Skyhawk and some trainers? Yeah great. Really relevant.

Maybe you can sell Iran some A-4s.

If they can build it? That's the point they haven't built anything, when they do and it is in service then we can say how great they are or not.
edit on 4-2-2013 by JimTSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Id like to see a shot from the back....its tough placing where the engines actually are...otherwise I don't think it would be impossible at all....I mean it doesn't look like anything groundbreaking...its a jet....they've existed for a long time.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicexplorer

in the video, it shows it from the back, a few times..it's a single engine..

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I can smell the model airplane glue and paint just from looking at that picture. LOL. I really dont think a rotary table could even support a real plane. Ive made rotary tables for the LA and Detroit car shows and just dont think its possible with the engines in the plane.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glassbender777
I can smell the model airplane glue and paint just from looking at that picture. LOL. I really dont think a rotary table could even support a real plane. Ive made rotary tables for the LA and Detroit car shows and just dont think its possible with the engines in the plane.

you should really read the rest of the thread, before you comment...the thing on the rotating dais is most likely a scale mockup..

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by OperationIraqiFailure

Originally posted by inj3ct0r
Iran is a very stupid country.

What is the damn point in 'faking' a fighter?

Did they think they will scare away the US and IDF forces?

edit on 4-2-2013 by inj3ct0r because: (no reason given)

The point is, the US is in damage control mode.

Hey, I wonder what happend to that US Sentinel Drone that was "shot down and crashed"?

Doesn't look too damaged to me. Oh, but that's just another "fake" the Iranian's made, right?

Put your try pants on.

Lima-1, out.

Let me just start out saying I think the all these wars are crazy. That being said you are wrong. They could care less about the drone.
Iran is a joke a 3rd rate country 50 years or more behind in tech. They are nothing more then words and models.

The French could take out Iran if need be. We spend more on tires for our airplanes then they spend on defense.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Iran’s cutting-edge Fighter a hoax, critics claim

That remains to be seen.
The aircraft shown in flight does resemble the (FIBERGLASS MOCK-UP- duh people..) that was made available for the press release.

Not sure why people are so convinced Iran isn't capable of producing something like this. The technology has been around for a long time now.

Oh, and Israel yapping it's trap about this? Now that is funny. Iran's air force is 3X the size of Israels. Israel should just stfu.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join