It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran’s cutting-edge Fighter a hoax, critics claim

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Well what I find interesting is how they seem to making moves to become the major player in the region. In the past they were content to simply be left alone without delving too much into local politics or influencing the region.

They appear to be going that route now though which is out of character for their past political history. It will be interesting to watch how the other countries over there respond to the growing power base of Iran, especially if they start arming and finally get nukes.

It is a major game changer over there.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by JimTSpock

They have built them though and they have flown. So what is to prevent them to build another jet based off of another design that is stealth and able to fly.
Eventually producing their own. That's how every other country does it. Practice makes perfect you know? That applies to Iran as well.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Spookycolt

They have to be! They are quickly becoming surrounded. They are losing allies left and right to engineered revolutions. I don't think they are doing such a thing because they are planning attacks, but simply to defend themselves and progress.

I think Iran is the least of our concerns. NK is more of a concern, but our only actual REAL concern is Pakistan. If there is every a nuke set off I will look to Pakistan first and foremost. Regardless of who it gets pinned on.
edit on 4-2-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I don't find it impressive in the slightest, the opposite in fact. Not because it's Iranian or not US that's just what I think. Iran are very good at propaganda and big talk I'll give them that.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

That's a fair point but I don't see them going from copying an old F-5 and sticking twin tails on to then building a stealth fighter. It just won't happen.

My main point is that this thing is not real or serious and will never be a real fighter. Time will tell but I think you'll find that view is correct.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I guess it just depends on whose propaganda runs deeper.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   

No. Iran cannot design and manufacture a jet fighter which can compete with the US or Russia. They can't build a 5th gen fighter. Only a few countries in the world can do this and they are not one.
To think they can is fantasy and not realistic.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainBeno

you do know about Rc not the drink but the model Co? there is a Y vid , nice but you can here er not here the jet , it is badly edited. Iran has built only a few AC, mostly copies , F5 f 14? and this is a home brew if there ever was one, Plywood, Glue, paint, and Styrofoam, i could do the same .

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by cass1dy09

Iranians are smart, their culture is long lived and they designed algebra, assuming they are unable to break design concepts with new and improved is flawed, it can happen!
If they have such a long lived culture and designed algebra then why aern't they leading the Aerospace industry? Just curious.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spookycolt

Even if the plane is not up to par with western counterparts that is something that can eventually be fixed with the design process. It appears to me that we have a new arms race forming in the Middle East.
And the Chinese are out there with technology transfer at a much cheaper cost

edit on 4-2-2013 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
how does a country go from this flying boat www.bbc.co.uk... to this F313 www.bbc.co.uk... is yet to be answered.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
lol this bbc news video pretty sure looks like a new iranian stealth fighter to me...

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I just couldn't resist this one.

In an unveiling ceremony on Saturday, President Mahmoud Ahmedinejad said he ranked the aircraft as "among the most advanced fighter jets in the world".

Well according to Mahmoud this thing is really good. Can't argue with that. That guy reminds me of Borat.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Too bad it turned out to be an Iranian hoax. It would've been fun shooting them down.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09
These people must be incredibly desperate to try and pawn that model as a world class fighter.I've had more dangerous toys.Its OK though they still have those open cockpit flying boats with the lawn mower engines to keep them safe

actually, i'm pretty sure they still have a bunch of F-14s in service that they bought from us.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by inj3ct0r
Iran is a very stupid country.

What is the damn point in 'faking' a fighter?

Did they think they will scare away the US and IDF forces?

edit on 4-2-2013 by inj3ct0r because: (no reason given)

They also put out a fake claim of launching a monkey into space in the same week as well.

I wonder what they're really up to? Probably distracting from what they're really doing.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Well it seems the Klingons have built their first bird of prey. It was never about style or aerodynamics, history shows it was about cloaking.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
While this mock-up, or hoax isn't that earth-shattering, the symbolism in the name may be...

Qaher= Conqueror.

313?

wiki

In Islam, 313 is the number of Muslims who fought in the Battle of Badr against Muhammad's, and by extension, Islam's, foes. It was a decisive Muslim victory against a force of over 1,000 other men: the Muslims lost only 14 men. The battle also took place on March 13, or 3/13.

Watch out for something major on 3/13/13?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by amkia

Originally posted by milkyway12

Oh, okay. It's useless. Honestly, if its a slow mover, their dumber than I thought. From the look of it, I doubt it would be able to carry the pilot's weight, I don't see that craft carrying any kind of ordnance.

I mean, from what aircraft I've seen, either Iran thought of something we haven't in aerodynamics or their simply a long way behind the curve.
edit on 4-2-2013 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

Sorry..

Is this your usual way of trolling to insult an ancient nation? Long before the existence of your fore, fore father they cultivated civilization as we know it today, excuse the question but is there a race between your stupidity and ignorance..?

Why can’t you just accept the fact that THEY CAN AND THEY DOWHAT EVER THEY WISHES. Who are YOU to judge..?

The design of the aircraft is simply bold, neat and exclusive, now.. do better if you don’t like it.

That design came from ace combat aircraft. The front part looks like the CFA-44 nosferatu. If you like the entire craft there is another.

ANd really Iran has not been a uninterrupted empire/country the entire time. It has changed hands a few times. Age is nothing but a number.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

wow....i guess ALL fighter aircraft hafta be HUGE.....

and one of you said it didn't look big enough to carry the pilot's weight, let alone ordinance....

I suggest you all look at this

en.wikipedia.org...

or check out the F-104 that we used for a long time..it had REALLY tiny wings...

oh here, here's another page ALL ABOUT trainer aircraft, some of which are just training versions of actual fighter aircraft....tiny wings, and a small airframe do not necessarily mean fakery, or an inability to perform in combat..

en.wikipedia.org...

happy reading..

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join