It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran’s cutting-edge Fighter a hoax, critics claim

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   
neformore and Zaphod58
a reply to: Zaphod58
a reply to: neformore

Either it's fake or the Qaher-313 ('Conqueror') has to be the most top secret plane in the world.

OK, China just parked some of their Navy in Iran and on the same weekend Iran paraded 'new, high-tech military equipment'...
Looks like they only showed their defense and nothing on the offensive side. And why are the hiding the offensive/defensive Qaher-313? I wonder why???

Iran unveils new military hardware in parade
theiranproject.com...

TEHRAN (Tasnim) – The Iranian Armed Forces on Monday displayed a broad range of advanced defensive equipment in a military parade in Tehran.

The massive parade, held to mark the Sacred Defense Week, saw various units of the Iranian Army, the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC), Basij (volunteer) forces and the Islamic Republic of Iran Police showcasing their abilities.
The homegrown military equipment included tanks, personnel carriers, cannons, a wide variety of missiles, radars, missile defense systems, speedboats, military vehicles and bombs.

Among the gears unveiled for the first time was Ra’d 2 (Thunder 2) missile system, belonging to the IRGC Aerospace Division.

So I wanted to find an update on their 'stealth fighter' and all I could find was this thread and a couple articles from LAST year....and one article from a couple weeks ago that only gave a one sentence mention of their 313.

Seems like when this thread died this info came out a couple days later.

Iran's 'fake' fighter jet which experts say can't fly is spotted in the air (with a little help from Photoshop)
Iran unveiled its homemade Qaher-313 stealth fighter jet last week
Experts spotted design flaws and expressed doubts about the aircraft
Suspect pictures of the jet in flight thought to be fake
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Iran's freshly unveiled fighter jet has already been derided by aviation experts who likened the plane to a mock-up model and expressed serious doubts over whether it could actually fly.

And a new picture of the domestically produced Qaher-313 apparently soaring over Iranian mountains has done little to curb scepticism, amid claims the plane never actually left the ground but was simply superimposed over the snow-capped peaks using Photoshop.

Iran, which unveiled the stealth fighter jet at a ceremony attended by President Mahmoud Admadinejad earlier this month, claims its aircraft is capable of evading radar, carrying weapons and flying at low altitude.

And this in Nov. 2013 (I'm not too sure about the credibility of medium.com, but meh)

Iran’s Faux Stealth Fighter Makes Embarrassing Second Appearance
medium.com...

Conqueror warplane is still outrageously fake

In February 2013, Iran unveiled what it claimed was its first radar-evading jet fighter prototype—the F-313 Conqueror.

Angular and painted matte black, at first glance the F-313 certainly looked the part. But closer inspection revealed that the Conqueror was a fake. And not even a very good fake.

The plane’s first public appearance was in photos snapped while the F-313 was on the ground. A video accompanied the snapshots claiming to show the Conqueror in flight, but the vehicle depicted was obviously a small-scale model.

Now Iran’s, ahem, “stealth jet” has made another appearance, in a photo purporting to show the F-313 being prepped for taxi tests. But the Conqueror is no more a real warplane in its second public display than it was in its debut.

I will have to admit the bird does look much nicer in the sunlight.
The only 'news outlet' I could find that had anything positive to say about the 313 was the infamous RT.

Iran rolls out bold design for homemade fighter jets (VIDEO)
rt.com...

***Notice how RT says 'limited stealth capabilities'.

Iran has presented its first domestically designed defense fighter-bomber jet with limited stealth capabilities. Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad stressed that the plane was designed for defense purposes, and will not be used for aggression.

Codenamed Qaher-313 ('Conqueror'), the jet is an advanced single-seat single-engine military plane. It is reportedly capable of engaging targets on the ground, as well as achieving air superiority in dogfights.

According to photos published by Fars news agency, the jet boasts impressive technical specifications, with a ‘stealth’ design similar to that of the US F-22 and Russian T-50. The large wingspan and inclined outward tail fins resembles the F-35, as well as the unusual-looking wings and modern seamless canopy. The jet may have been constructed using composite materials.

And while I'm on a role!!!

Israel's mighty Iron Dome!!!

Chinese Hackers Stole Plans For Israel's Iron Dome
www.businessinsider.com...

China-based hackers stole plans for Israel's Iron Dome missile defense system in 2011 and 2012, according to an investigation by a Maryland-based cyber security firm first reported by independent journalist Brian Krebs.

The hackers also stole plans related to other missile interceptors, including the Arrow 3, which was designed by Boeing and other U.S.-based companies.

And...

Israeli Iron Dome firms 'infiltrated by Chinese hackers'
www.bbc.com...

The BBC has seen evidence that appears to confirm hackers stole several secret military documents from two government-owned Israeli companies that developed the Iron Dome missile defence system.

The breaches were first publicised by security blogger Brian Krebs on Monday.

The companies denied their classified networks had been infiltrated.

However, the team that discovered the incidents has given the BBC access to an intelligence report, which indicates hundreds of files were indeed copied.

The documents, which were stolen over a period of many months, relate to:

Arrow III missiles
unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs), commonly known as drones
ballistic rockets
Continue reading the main story

Start Quote

The data collected makes strong indications that the actors behind this attack originated from China”

CyberESI report
Cyber Engineering Services (CyberESI) tracked the activities of the hackers over eight months between 2011 and 2012.

It said the data taken by the hackers suggested they had been after intelligence relating to Iron Dome.

Iron Dome is a complex anti-missile defence system, which can intercept and destroy rockets and shells.

The technology has been widely credited with preventing the deaths of many Israeli civilians during the ongoing conflict with militants from Gaza.

Yeah, I'll be a little arrogant now. I'm proud to be a citizen of the Greatest country in the world. And for a gazillion reasons!

Let's see if I can keep everybody away from this post with one word...
STUXNET

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

That's a totally unfair statement IMHO.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: shapur
Iranians are trying to tell the world that they are capable of designing and making their own needs even the most sophisticated ones...Sure our technology is not as advanced as the Americans or some western countries yet,but giving the circumstances,sanctions,isolation,sabotages for decades I thing we are doing pretty good so far....Iran is not an aggressive country by no means,but we want everyone to know that in case of any adventurous intrusion we slap the intruder so hard that they may never recover...As i have said that many times before,the real power of Iran is their people and their willingness to be free and independent,the toys and technology are just tools on the peoples hands...And remember,it is not how big it is that matters,it is how you use it...Peace.

So when Iran or America's enemies build its own units quickly denounced as either an hoax or fake. Yet when the American military has its own faults that goes unreported with the exception of the growing reports of the exploding F/22s and such other fighters and there problems.

Somehow that goes unreported and you will hear about that under "Local News Section"
that to me sounds a bit of hypocrisy.

-North Korea doesn't have an army

edit on 22-9-2014 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

(post by TerrorAlertRed removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Oh yeah, a S&F for the OP.

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Agent_USA_Supporter

I beg to differ, North Korea does have an army! But they have one problem...

edit on 9/22/2014 by TerrorAlertRed because: filled out

Q

posted on Sep, 22 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Iran's native aviation industry is waaaay behind the rest of the modern world, this is not an exaggeration or hyperbole.

Yes, they're good at fixing old stuff, because nobody would sell them anything for decades and they had to. This led to a lot of cannibalism to keep stuff flying.

Their reverse engineering for the past decade was ish because of the faulty CMM's Mitutoyo so generously provided them, followed by stuxnet and lots of other goodies. It's hard to build a homegrown MIL when you have no homegrown tech or industrial base outside of oil refinery to speak of. (You infidels will sell me the technology to wage war against you "fair and square", right? Derp.)

Iranian air force numbers are puny, and their constituency 90% Vietnam-era or even older. The Saqueh is a good example of what they can do: slap an extra tailfin on someone else's jet and claim it's an "advance". Their main air force is F-14's, Su-24's, F-5's, and some F-4 Phantoms...none of these airframes have been in production in decades, and most of what they had were early builds. Yes, the Chinese have helped them upgrade avionics, but these are still (literally) 40-year old airframes that don't pose much of a threat to any modern military.

Not saying I'd want to see one of them buzzing my back yard, mind you...but I'm honestly more impressed by those cool flying boats. Those things look FUN!

But slightly more OT...those intakes look way too small to feed any of the suggested powerplants...and too close to the cockpit IMO. Their mere ignition would melt the whole back end of the plane anyway, so kind of a moot point. I find their claims of "inherent stability" such that the 313 requires no fly by wire utterly ludicrous. In the unlikely event they ever get this monstrosity off the ground, that thing's going to take more than an abacus to keep in the air.

I mean, seriously...this thing looks like some engineer who was scared of being beheaded ordered a bunch of Revell model plane kits on eBay, dumped them on a table, and just started putting random ish together. Mahmood walks in, and the engineer proudly beams "there you go, chief! We'll have a mockup ready soon!".

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I think all countries have secret technology/weapon's facilities and projects that are kept strictly hidden from the public's eyes,naturally Iran and the US are not an exception to the rule...And did I hear you say North Korea doesn't have an Army?!

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join