It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prepare for the upcoming Pro-EU Shills

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Eu is preparing to spend 3 million dollars to hire "Troll Monitors" aka Shills to monitor internet forums such as this one for anti-eu rhetoric. We already know there are plenty of shills around from the U.S Government and various companies with a vested interest in "debunking" or "discrediting" certain topics before the interest becomes too big, as can already be seen in many threads today. To learn more about the various tactics Shills use to discredit/derail/shut down threads, you can read more in Advisors thread located here www.abovetopsecret.com...

The monitors’ roles are clearly laid out in the documents. The controversial plan is designed to promote a stronger Europe, while engaging in conversation with those who hold an anti-EU sentiment. "Parliament's institutional communicators must have the ability to monitor public conversation and sentiment on the ground and in real time, to understand 'trending topics' and have the capacity to react quickly, in a targeted and relevant manner, to join in and influence the conversation, for example, by providing facts and figures to deconstructing myths." "In order to reverse the perception that 'Europe is the problem', we need to communicate that the answer to existing challenges… is 'more Europe' – not 'less Europe'."

I would suspect this site is a prime target of these "Troll Monitors" and it might help to be alert when they show up, sometime in the near future i suspect.

Read more at rt.com...
edit on 4-2-2013 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:48 AM
link   

edit on 4-2-2013 by inj3ct0r because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
So basically anyone that doesn't agree with your viewpoint will now be a paid shill?

Is it possible that maybe some people actually like the EU and wish to defend it?

Weird thought I know.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Spookycolt

Did you even read the article?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Troll monitors?surely they will be the trolls.
Well they can monitor me all they want,i will still tell everyone that the E.U. can bite my ass.
They will find plenty of E.U. haters here who are quite vocal.
They are getting desperate now because people are clicking on to the nightmare they have created.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spookycolt
So basically anyone that doesn't agree with your viewpoint will now be a paid shill?

Is it possible that maybe some people actually like the EU and wish to defend it?

Weird thought I know.
Youre hired!

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain

Yes but I'm not responding to the article, I'm responding to what you posted.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spookycolt

Originally posted by NeoVain

Yes but I'm not responding to the article, I'm responding to what you posted.

Please specify which part. This is a thread aimed at informing, there is nothing to agree/disagree with, as seem to be the point you are aiming for. If you where a shill, what you are doing now is trying to derail the thread by topic dilution. Straight from the shills handbook.

Technique #3 - 'TOPIC DILUTION' Topic dilution is not only effective in forum sliding it is also very useful in keeping the forum readers on unrelated and non-productive issues. This is a critical and useful technique to cause a 'RESOURCE BURN.' By implementing continual and non-related postings that distract and disrupt (trolling ) the forum readers they are more effectively stopped from anything of any real productivity. If the intensity of gradual dilution is intense enough, the readers will effectively stop researching and simply slip into a 'gossip mode.' In this state they can be more easily misdirected away from facts towards uninformed conjecture and opinion. The less informed they are the more effective and easy it becomes to control the entire group in the direction that you would desire the group to go in. It must be stressed that a proper assessment of the psychological capabilities and levels of education is first determined of the group to determine at what level to 'drive in the wedge.' By being too far off topic too quickly it may trigger censorship by a forum moderator.

You trying to shill?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Hey, I love the EU. I think it should stay in place and only get bigger and bigger!

As long as the EU is the uniting Government? Europe remains weak, bankrupt, unable to employ it's own people while taking in more and more and more of them. I'd also note them as basically being unable to pose a threat to much more than good common sense. Whew.... No World Wars starting from that mess any time soon. That's one concern put to bed for awhile, anyway.

Oh, indeed. As an American? I wish peace and longevity for the European Union. May it stand a century!

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

I think he is,it only took him six minutes to arrive and defend the E.U.
To think this is what they spend our money on.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:18 AM
link   
See what I mean?

If you defend them your a shill. That is incorrect. I will be more than happy to give you reasons why the EU is good in today's age if you would like to have an honest discussion about it.

I can also tell you why it is bad.

Because you defend something though does not make you a shill though if I could get paid for doing so I would gladly take their money.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   

This thread is not about the good/bad things about EU, i am sure there is plenty of both feel free to start your own thread about it, or sign up to get hired as a "Troll Monitor" since you seem to be Pro-Eu.

This thread is about spreading awareness about the Pro-Eu shill influx we will soon be getting around here, and might be a good thread to refer to in the future (hopefully) when such are detected. There is a difference between normal people thinking some aspects of EU is good(these people will most likely think some things are bad as well) and people getting payed to adamantly defend every aspect of it tooth and nail, which is what these Shills will be like (this is where all shills fail, they can´t admit any flaws in what they get payed to support, and can´t listen to reason or change their mind, lest they will risk loosing their next paycheck).

Please refrain from any further topic derailment attempts.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
That is very interesting that they are actually making money / jobs available for an info war, at a time where real jobs are almost non existent and people will be tempted to apply just to make some money, whether they agree to it or not. I suspect if the economy was good people would not be applying for a job where lies and coercion are the name of the game (and may not need to as people would be happy with the EU)

My country is part of the EU and I truly wish we were not. They are now making 5 out of 6 of our laws. They are trumped up non-elected officials and have NO IDEA what our country needs or is about. They suck money from us and kill our industries. We are restricted in what we can fish for in our own waters or produce on our own lands. The EU was supposed to be a free trade market, to make trading between the members easier and with less red tape, but it has become a stranglehold and a more controlling upper level of government and with more red tape than ever and a bunch of power abusing rich bureaucrats who only really care for themselves.
I can safely say, I am NOT an EU paid shill and proud of it.
edit on 4-2-2013 by CthulhuMythos because: of stupid spelling fingers not being awake enough to get the basics correct!

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
i find the whole "shill" issue totally pointless tbh, whenever people discuss something in a group, there will always be vested interests in one form or another, many of whom have a financial element in there - jeez, just look at discussing politics, which for some people is defined purely by how much tax they will pay, what happens to their pension or mortgage interest etc etc
heck, any news service could be argued as shill-ing.

engaging one's critical faculties is the simple answer to this
edit on 4-2-2013 by skalla because: typo etc

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

What a fine way of spending our Tax money, the un-elected beurocrats have decided upon here.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
actually right now they have a huge problem with the Rajoy scandal growing rapidly....about under the table money....he'll resign today....
Prime minister of Spain...won't agree to address it on tv.....want's a phone call instead

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

Wow! I guess I should put on my surprised face.

Really now. Who didn't see this one coming?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Why would I have to prepare for things like that when I see threads, with obviously controversial topics, like arresting someone without giving a crime or cause, and very weird posts, so its already has some kind of damage control being done on it. There are times when I don't feel very many real posters are even on ATS.

Not one of them brought up Obama's illegal legislation to arrest and even murder people without charge, without cause, without even telling them why its occurring.

So now, we have to endure more and new trolls coming aboard. Lovely. But we don't even get a shill emoticon given to us like other sites have. I like that emoticon and its free speech to use it.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

people have different opinions, concerns and priorities... not every post has to have the epic sweep to mention every interconnected issue that may matter to you.

this does not make someone a shill or a troll, get over it and simply debate the issue/state your position or question the poster.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Where do I apply? Does my time on this site qualify as a resume?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join