It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pledge of Allegiance is Brainwashing

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
All pledges of alliance are. Thats the whole point of pledges of Alliances whether they are to the mob, a country or a king.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Merinda

Allegiance not alliance,

at least take the thread seriously.

you know read and understand it before you reply.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dfairlite

We aren't pledging oursrelves to the government, but to an ideal. Let's dissect

I pledge alegiance to the flag of the United States of America
Translation: I promise loyalty to the FLAG of the United States of America

And to the Republic, for which it stands
Translation: and to a form of government which is made up of representatives of the people

With liberty and justice for ALL
Translation: with freedom and equity for everyone.

So we're pledging to back a flag that has it's own symbolism, none of which is statist. As well as a form of government that is the best form of government known to man (The current version of which, is not commendable, but the idea of a republic sure is).

The flag does not represent a "form of government" it represents a country, the United States of America.

It would be less objectionable if the pledge was only practiced at official events, not in schools, not every single day, forced onto children who are easily indoctrinated.

But on another level, freedom and equity are relative, not absolute. Do we have the freedom to choose a government or country, if we don't like the American one? No, citizenship limits the "Right To Work" to the country that grants the citizenship (it typically comes with birth, not choice). And most people have very little chance of disassociating from it.

How and why is the population forced to pledge allegiance to country it has not chosen?

It is not the best form of government KNOWN to man, it is the best form of government IMPOSED on man. No, strike that, it WAS...

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Is because you're worshiping a flag...

duh

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
To the OP:

Yes, it is Nationalist brainwashing and I only agree with it if and only if any person says it freely. If they wish to express the very basic of ideals that the nation stands for in a "jingle", they very well should. That said, everyone should be able to opt out and not be punished for not following along. That much I believe you and I could agree upon.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join