It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you protest Bush, a sniper might take you out!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I was completely shocked to read this,

Campaign event security spurs arrests, removals

"Then he came back and said, 'If you protest, it won't be me taking you out. It will be a sniper,' "

"He said it in such a serious tone it scared the crap out of me."

"I was just in a state of fear," he said. "I was looking at the ceiling and I didn't know what to expect, I was so scared."

Would this be a fear/scare tactic or just the plain truth?

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer
Would this be a fear/scare tactic or just the plain truth?

Well, as I was recently in attendance at a campaign rally of Bush's in Hershey (definately not to show my support for him as I have none) I can verify that they DO in fact have snipers looking around so, I'm not sure if he they would have actually shot him, but they do have the proper equipment to do so

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I was in DC a few years ago (pre-911) on vacation and we visited the White House, we were hoping to take a tour, but there were no tours that day due to Egyptian President Mubarak(?) being there, so I went around snapping pictures and videoing some stuff...when I went around to the south lawn, I was getting some video of the White House when I noticed 2 men on the roof dressed in black fatigues, my camcorder has a pretty good zoom on it, so I zoomed in on the guys, one of them was watching a protest in front of the White House(the Coptic Christians of Egypt, I think) and one of them was watching the south lawn...they both had large binoculars on them, the one watching the south lawn was using his, as I was watching him watch everybody else, I noticed a large rifle propped up on one of the AC units, needless to say, this really freaked me out...and before any of you ask, this wasnt a digital cam, it was VHS-C, so I have no way to post it

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
It would be grossly negligent of the Secret Service not to have snipers positioned at any Presidential appearance. The President is the biggest target in the world.

But all of this is beside the (two) points of this article:

- If it is true that a campaign official threatened this boy with sniper fire, that's criminal.

- Regardless of the sniper fire threat, the Bush campaign has been engaging in this loyalty screening business all along. They are dead set on maintaining the illusion of universal support for Bush wherever he goes, and are willing to go to extraordinarly and in some cases legally questionable means to maintain that illusion.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Can this insanity stop for one minute please?

Every president has had the same thing. Clinton had a security entourage just as enormous as Bush's.

Many outdoor events will have snipers. Why? Well what else do you want? How much can Secret Service agents standing 5 feet from the President see? A person posted on a rooftop across the street can survey a MUCH wider area for threats than someone on the ground.

It's called good security, not scare tactics. Assasination attempts happen all the time. Were either of you born when Reagan was shot? If not then I can almost understand your lack of knowledge in this matter. You've never seen a President take a bullet. Do you know why? Because of those guys you're so paranoid about. It's called reality; people want to harm THE american president (not just this one) and we have to be serious and prepared to make sure they can't.

As for your poor unfortunate protester who seemingly wet himself... well, first things first: of the thousands and thousands of protesters that have come out to voice their anti-bush opinions not one has been "sniped". A person with a sign that says I hate Bush isn't going to be shot. A person pulling out a gun at a campaign rally with Bush present might be though. It's all about being deemed a threat to the President.

Don't turn this into an anti-bush topic. Every President and nowadays every world leader has the same protection. Do you think Blair and Chirac don't? Take a closer look next time.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Look, nobody is questioning the importance of having strong presidential security, especially after 9/11 and during the war on terrorism.

Originally posted by Djarums

As for your poor unfortunate protester who seemingly wet himself... well, first things first: of the thousands and thousands of protesters that have come out to voice their anti-bush opinions not one has been "sniped". A person with a sign that says I hate Bush isn't going to be shot. A person pulling out a gun at a campaign rally with Bush present might be though. It's all about being deemed a threat to the President.

I think you're choosing to accept ignorance here,

"Then he came back and said, 'If you protest, it won't be me taking you out. It will be a sniper,' "

Read it slowly and fully absorb the comment properly. The president's security team is clearly saying if you excersise your first amendment rights, we'll shoot you dead.

So,

Is it a scare tactic or just the plain truth?

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Djarums, the thread is particularly about this comment:

"He said it in such a serious tone it scared the crap out of me."

Calm the hell down would you? You are starting to sound as whiney as the left. Jeezus...

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I personally think the statement is bull#. Did the peson in the article just finsh watching Taxi driver or something. NO USSS agent in his right mind would say that. Now, if asked, he may mention to someone who asked about security that there are snipers in place, but then I would hope he was suspicious of this person. How would you like ot have a job of protecting someone who is to appear in front of a crowd of thousands. With some of the rhetoric on this site with anti-bush people, I can see why a secret USSS agent might be a little to vigilant, but not retarded.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Cargo: My comments were in response to this

I can verify that they DO in fact have snipers looking around so, I'm not sure if he they would have actually shot him, but they do have the proper equipment to do so

which indicated to me a sudden surprise that there are snipers at such events. If you think I'm whiny I'd encourage you to just click the scrollbar down a few times and pass on by me.

If you've ever left the house and attended a political event you may have met people responsible for security at those events and you'd find that they are not the type of people who say move along or my pal on the roof will shoot you. Tough? Aggressive? Intimidating looking? Maybe. But explain to me the wisdom of a trained professional threatening a political opponent who would give his left arm for ammo like that threat for newspapers all over the world to enjoy.

I'm whiny because I don't accept stupid fabricated stories and twist them to make the President seem like a thug, picking innocent sign holders off from a rooftop. Oh well, I'll try not to let that kill my day.

[edit on 10-29-2004 by Djarums]

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Calm the hell down would you? You are starting to sound as whiney as the left. Jeezus...

Whiney?..

Oh i get it, dont be such a girlie man and here's your freedom of speech circle.

Gotcha!

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I think you're choosing to accept ignorance here,

Read it slowly and fully absorb the comment properly. The president's security team is clearly saying if you excersise your first amendment rights, we'll shoot you dead.

Is it a scare tactic or just the plain truth?

Don't twist the facts to make your argument. It was not the president's security team; it was a campaign staffer.

But when he got there, a campaign staffer pulled him aside and made him remove his button that said, "Bush-Cheney '04: Leave No Billionaire Behind." The staffer quizzed him about whether he was a Bush supporter, asked him why he was there and what questions he would be asking the president.

"Then he came back and said, 'If you protest, it won't be me taking you out. It will be a sniper,' " Sachs said. "He said it in such a serious tone it scared the crap out of me."

He probably couldn't pass up the opportunity to make the kid wet his pants. Boooooo!

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Thanks. This is very constructive.

I can't believe how dumb some people are in this country. I'm ashamed to call myself an American in the presence of all this crap going on. And before you say something smart like "well leave then," might I remind you this is my home too.

Stories like this make me more and more angry... How can anyone call this country free? Just wait until there is a draft... Yep, that's freedom.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Don't be whiney, Join the Republican Nazis.

First come threats, then come actions.

Soon they will be monitoring or locking up all opposition.

These people have no respect for free and open democracy.

The president is a LOSER, who can only handle being surrounded by sycophant yes-men/women.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Considering the sources, timing and nature of the accusations, I find them suspect.

False? I don't know. Suspect? Definitely.

So will I assume that they are true? No. Will I keep an eye out for corroborating evidence? Sure.

But I have been lied to by so many partisan hacks in this forum and elsewhere that my trust does not come easily.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I read this and as much as I am against ole bushie, I thought in the back of my head, "nah, no way man..." but then I clicked on the link and read the article, checked out the paper, etc. and all I have to add to this discussion is WOW. This and all the phtoshopping crowds into pics, all the 'wrong tee shirt" arrests. How far will you go to make a people think they like you?

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   
People ,look at the title of this thread:

"If you protest Bush, a sniper might take you out!"

Then read the pertinent section of the article:

But when he got there, a campaign staffer pulled him aside and made him remove his button that said, "Bush-Cheney '04: Leave No Billionaire Behind." The staffer quizzed him about whether he was a Bush supporter, asked him why he was there and what questions he would be asking the president.

"Then he came back and said, 'If you protest, it won't be me taking you out. It will be a sniper,' " Sachs said. "He said it in such a serious tone it scared the crap out of me."

Then read what the author of this thread has concluded:

from syntaxer:

Now, who is telling the truth, and whose nose is growing longer?

It was not a member of the president's security team, it was a campaign staffer!!! Maybe someone who hands out literature or other such menial job!

Wake up, stop overreacting, and face reality. The same thing happens at Kerry rallies also!

syntaxer, you have an obligation to retract that gross exaggeration of the facts (read: fib) that you tried to slip by the readers.

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
yes, and he also has a tendency to put demonstraters into designated "free speech" zones.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:04 PM
link   
A stupid staffer saying a stupid thing and you act as if there is some sort of conspiracy? Surely, you have better sense.

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   
www.legitgov.org...

Bush Brownshirts attack journalist: Deputy tackles, arrests journalist for photographing voters

(FL) A widely published investigative journalist was tackled, punched and arrested Sunday afternoon by a Palm Beach County sheriff's deputy who tried to confiscate his camera outside the elections supervisor's headquarters. About 600 people were standing in line waiting to vote early when James S. Henry was charged with disorderly conduct for taking photos of waiting voters about 3:30 p.m. outside the main elections office on Military Trail near West Palm Beach. A sheriff's spokesman and a county attorney later said the deputy was enforcing a newly enacted rule from Elections Supervisor Theresa prohibiting reporters from interviewing or photographing voters lined up outside the polls.

...Pardon me, guys. This is TRULY violation of 1st Amendment Rights.

...So, in Ohio during the recent peaceful demonstration, was the death of a young (about 21-year-old) girl from a shot to head by a policeman's "non-lethal weapon" to disperse a peaceful crowd.
...The "brown shirts" have gone over the edge; they've become dangerous to ordinary and reasonable people.

Chai

posted on Nov, 2 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
A stupid staffer saying a stupid thing and you act as if there is some sort of conspiracy? Surely, you have better sense.

It isn't a conspiracy, it's an attitude, an arrogance of policy. Thomas people are being detained at similar events because of the tee shirt they wear. Participants in peaceful sit ins are being shot with rubber bullets. In this case a man was threatened with death, staffer or not. Yeah obviously it was just a staff member, but a staff member of what establishment? Why would he say such a thing if he didn't feel justified in saying it? It isn't an issue of who said it, it is what he said and why he felt it was mentionable, that is the roots of the issue here.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join