It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Obama skeet-shooting photo has a BIG problem…

page: 7
11
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
reply to post by SBMcG
 


Seems to be by the original photographer. They didn't claim it was never altered in any way. It's obvious they released it for people to see but wish that people do not turn it into a cartoon.




I think it's funny that everyone is interpreting it in this way. Some taking it as a joke... photoshopping the pic, with a "what are you gonna do," attitude. And others, seemingly afraid that they'll suffer some repercussions for doing so. I find this notion completely ridiculous.

Their little "shall not be altered" comment was meant for media outlets using the photo. It's a term of the usage rights, nothing more. For those familiar, think of a creative commons license, where usage and copying / distribution is allowed freely, provided the author is credited, it's not sold or used for commercial purposes, etc etc.

Basically they were saying they will grant free usage of this copyrighted picture as long as it's not altered.

Anyone afraid the secret service is going to come swarming in, or even that attorneys will come a-knockin' clearly hasn't thought the issue through well enough.

As far as I know there is little legal precedent to sue over a publicly-released photo being shopped in some silly way for purposes of parody. To be fair there are exceptions to this. For example if you shopped the head of your boss on to the body of an actor/actress in an adult picture, and distributed it.... something like that could get you in trouble, and does have precedent.

As far as something like this.... I'd really like to see them try (to take legal action against a website or individual.)




posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam
 


Some are Obama True Believers who cannot wrap their brains around the fact that this guy has been, by any historical standard, mediocre, and may in fact turn out to be one of the most nebulous (for lack of a better word) presidents in US history.



posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SBMcG
reply to post by iwilliam
 


Some are Obama True Believers who cannot wrap their brains around the fact that this guy has been, by any historical standard, mediocre, and may in fact turn out to be one of the most nebulous (for lack of a better word) presidents in US history.


And some people cannot get over their hatred that a black man was elected the President. Twice.



posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwilliam
As far as I know there is little legal precedent to sue over a publicly-released photo being shopped in some silly way for purposes of parody. To be fair there are exceptions to this. For example if you shopped the head of your boss on to the body of an actor/actress in an adult picture, and distributed it.... something like that could get you in trouble, and does have precedent.


It looks like every image on the website has the same disclaimer.



posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

Originally posted by SBMcG
reply to post by iwilliam
 


Some are Obama True Believers who cannot wrap their brains around the fact that this guy has been, by any historical standard, mediocre, and may in fact turn out to be one of the most nebulous (for lack of a better word) presidents in US history.


And some people cannot get over their hatred that a black man was elected the President. Twice.


Wow. Well, that's not me.

And for the record, I do not consider Obama to be "black"...



posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
It never ceases to amaze me that no matter how irrational and baseless the charge is, to the Obama True Believers , anyone who opposes Obama for whatever reason, is always automatically a "racist".

I guess that means, even though I do not consider Obama to be "black", I'm a "racist"...



posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
That is one sweet skeet gun. That thing has a custom choke, a yellow dot site, and a 4 port break. Nice clay pidgin shooter there prez.

As far as a conspiracy I think the evidence is just pretty thin. It was likely opened to add the copyright data when the photographer went back through the image files he has of the prez in a huge file folder on his Mac. He likely picked the best one and stuck the copyright data in there and uploaded it to the WH flicker account.



posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by endats01
That is one sweet skeet gun. That thing has a custom choke, a yellow dot site, and a 4 port break. Nice clay pidgin shooter there prez.

As far as a conspiracy I think the evidence is just pretty thin. It was likely opened to add the copyright data when the photographer went back through the image files he has of the prez in a huge file folder on his Mac. He likely picked the best one and stuck the copyright data in there and uploaded it to the WH flicker account.


You could be right. It could all be just an ironic coincidence.



posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SBMcG
 


I also think it was the Obama administration's way of saying to the American people "See I love the 2nd Amendment." Notice also that he is shooting a single barrel shotgun. A sweet one no doubt but this to say that you really only need these things legitimately for sport and then only a single shot skeet gun.
sure.



posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SBMcG
 
No, I am not a skeet shooter. I do see some things strange about the photo like the angle that he is shooting at looks too low to be hitting clays but, I don't feel that this was President Obama's intent. I think this was a photo taken by his staffer at some outing in the past. Maybe President Obama was just getting warmed up with the gun when the picture was snapped and it just happened to be the most impressive picture that the photographer could find in his collection from that day at the skeet shoot. Isn't is possible that the photographer had no idea how a real skeet shooter's pose/angle/amount of smoke (which I think is the reason this was chosen btw) should look. I mean he shoot photos, maybe not guns.
It is my opinion that someone asked for a clear shot of President Obama firing something at the range. He shot a gun, let's move on.


edit on 3-2-2013 by evc1shop because: spelling



posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   


/amount of smoke
reply to post by evc1shop
 


I think a lot of people that talk about there being too much smoke do not know what they are talking about. Ported shotguns like this one produce smoke out the port in this case 4 ports and smoke out the barrel at the same time which reduces the recoil a great deal so that even frail people can shoot a 12 gauge shotgun with relative ease.



posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus
 


I believed Adobe Photoshop CS6 was used to DOWNLOAD THE IMAGES FROM THE CAMERA. Not to manipulate the image



posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by evc1shop
 


You had me at "I do see some strange things about the photo..."

So do I.



posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
reply to post by Chadwickus
 


I believed Adobe Photoshop CS6 was used to DOWNLOAD THE IMAGES FROM THE CAMERA. Not to manipulate the image


Hmm. Well, I have three different digital cameras/camcorders at this time and none of them require Photoshop to upload images to my computers.



posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by evc1shop
 


The skeet range at Camp David is on a hill. The targets are cast from below the President and his guests. The angle is low because the birds are coming up from below them and they also want to angle low so that they do not hit air cap over head. The range is designed to allow the President and his guests a skeet range in an area that is secluded and secure but also safe and environmentally responsible.



posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   


Hmm. Well, I have three different digital cameras/camcorders at this time and none of them require Photoshop to upload images to my computers.


Not required doesn't mean it cannot be used.



posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by endats01
reply to post by evc1shop
 


The skeet range at Camp David is on a hill. The targets are cast from below the President and his guests. The angle is low because the birds are coming up from below them and they also want to angle low so that they do not hit air cap over head. The range is designed to allow the President and his guests a skeet range in an area that is secluded and secure but also safe and environmentally responsible.


Can you provide evidence to back that statement up?



posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by endats01
 
I don't know all that much about guns. I have fired some when I was younger. That said, my comment isn't that there was something wrong with the amount of smoke but, rather, that I could see what other people are going on about. To me, the photographer may have selected that photo in particular because there was a decent amount of smoke in that frame and the president was not obscured by it. A good clean photo from the stock bin. Nothing more!



posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel



Hmm. Well, I have three different digital cameras/camcorders at this time and none of them require Photoshop to upload images to my computers.


Not required doesn't mean it cannot be used.


Again, we're we're back in the realm of "ifs" and "could be's" here.

Even though I am in no way an expert in photography or Photoshop, I still know that there would be very little reason to upload an image to that program just for the sake of getting it onto my computer.

Now, if I was going to alter that image...



posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage
 

Thats not usual.

Heres a bit about the "photo". I was looking for video of him doing this... alas all we have is the photo.

"Let the Photoshop Conspiracies begin…"
edit on 3-2-2013 by intrptr because: spelling



new topics

top topics



 
11
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

log in

join