Obama skeet-shooting photo has a BIG problem…

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

good or not...either that gun just blew up on him, or that smoke is added via photoshop

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Nearly every photo I put on the web goes through Photoshop - for "reduce for web". My camera takes HUGE images in raw format, you pretty much have to PS them into some manageable JPG file format.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I just had a thought...

I am not in a location where I have access to my home PC with Adobe Illustrator...

Anyone here have the ability to open this photo in AI?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

Bs. That's a miniscule amount of smoke. Blink and it's gone.

reply to post by SBMcG

It's a jpeg. You wont find any hidden layers.
edit on 3/2/2013 by PsykoOps because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

No sir. That is a huge amount of smoke for a modern 12 gauge shell. In fact, as I said, this afternoon I threw a few shells through my Ithaca and there was NO smoke.

If that was a black powder firearm I would believe it.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SBMcG
I just had a thought...

I am not in a location where I have access to my home PC with Adobe Illustrator...

It will simply place the photo in an AI file. If you're making comparisons with the "birth certificate", that was released as a pdf file. which will retain layers when opened in AI.

link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

why is it coming out of one side of the barrel in one spot?? and that is alot of smoke for any smokeless skeet round..

link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

reply to post by SBMcG

It's a jpeg. You wont find any hidden layers.
edit on 3/2/2013 by PsykoOps because: (no reason given)

If there were, would you find it problematic?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

I just had a thought...

It will simply place the photo in an AI file. If you're making comparisons with the "birth certificate", that was released as a pdf file. which will retain layers when opened in AI.

Nope, not thinking about that, but was thinking about manipulating using the various filters and what have you.

Again, I defer to your expertise.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by SBMcG

yeah it would be kinda problematic since jpeg's dont support layers.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM

I just had a thought...

Nope, not thinking about that, but was thinking about manipulating using the various filters and what have you.

Again, I defer to your expertise.

I was thinking about photoshopping an AR in there, but I'm watching the game also. Too lazy.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
As a Photographer I use Photoshop Lightroom and if I need more editing I import to Photoshop. Not one of my photos ever makes it out without some form of editing. Usually exposure and contrast. So stating that the photo has already been edited is nothing. Its actually extremely common. As a photographer our job is to make you look the best. So...
edit on 3-2-2013 by lobograndemalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by SBMcG

Its so sad some of you will look for absolutely any reason possible (even if there isnt one there) to slam this president, when there are so many real reasons to slam the government!

I understand that Obama supporters are going to respond this way.

sometimes a voice of reason is needed.
Its a photo of him shooting clay pigeons, look at the BS you've managed to produce?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SBMcG

I would have no way of knowing. Nevertheless, the image has at the very least -- and maybe that's a standard practice, been opened and in some way altered (data or image) in Photoshop.

There is no evidence it has been "altered" in any way....and why would it have been?

You have stated that the image has "at the very least - been opened and in some way altered"......what in your opinion has been altered?......come on, it's your thread....what do you think has been altered?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by lobograndemalo

I understand. But if you read the thread, my concern is not just that the image was opened and/or altered in photoshopped, it's the content of the photo as well combined with the fortuitous political implications...

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

As pointed out earlier it is a Browing Citori 725. It has a ported barrel, that is why there is smoke coming out. It is designed that way to reduce muzzle jump. You can look at it on Browings website.

If anyone thinks smokeless powder doesn't produce any smoke, look up skeet shooting on youtube and watch a few videos.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

well at least thats what they claim it to be, however those that actually have shot skeet know better.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll
reply to post by SBMcG

I would have no way of knowing. Nevertheless, the image has at the very least -- and maybe that's a standard practice, been opened and in some way altered (data or image) in Photoshop.

There is no evidence it has been "altered" in any way....and why would it have been?

You have stated that the image has "at the very least - been opened and in some way altered"......what in your opinion has been altered?......come on, it's your thread....what do you think has been altered?

It has been "altered" at the very least in metadata.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SBMcG

Angle of shotgun

As has been pointed out, he's an amateur, but that's beside the point. You weren't there. you don't know where the skeet was or anything like that. This too is beside the point...What does it matter what the angle is? Did they photoshop it to be at the wrong angle? Why?
Wouldn't it make more sense, if they were photoshopping things like that, to make the angle higher so it looks like he knows what he's doing?

lack of recoil

And again, a single shot won't show recoil. especially at the shutter speed it was taken at.

stance

Refer to the first point...Wouldn't it make more sense, if they were photoshopping things like that, to make his stance better so it looks like he knows what he's doing?

and that's not even taking into account any technical issues (Photoshop) of the photo itself.

Well why not point out the specific flaws in the high resolution image for us then?

Saying "blah blah is wrong" doesn't help anyone...

edit on 3/2/13 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

wait, so what are you bill or'ielly lovers saying?

he's actually shooting a shotgun or a sniper rifle or something?

god damn this is a laugh.. please tell me, what has been Photoshopped here?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join

ATS Live Reality Remix IS ON-AIR! (there are 85 minutes remaining).
ATS Live Radio Presents - Reality Remix Live SE6 EP8 - Season Finale!

atslive.com

hi-def

low-def