It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama skeet-shooting photo has a BIG problem…

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by luciddream
reply to post by butcherguy

lol Does not mean the ill-intent does not exist.

It is a fact that people just don't like him purely on the colour of his skin.

As well, he may not like a white person because of the color of their skin. We really don't know what runs through a person's mind do we?

But, we see apologists for the President pull the race card nearly every time that someone disagrees with him or his policies. It has worn out.

The fact that he is being disingenuous over the whole gun thing has nothing to do with race. It has to do with him being a politician..... and being fake.
edit on 4-2-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

You made a good observation earlier about the single extended choke tube that is visible in the picture. No choke tube on the lower barrel. Very interesting and quite the big NO NO if Obama knew what he was doing. Need both those barrels to shoot two birds in skeet!!

Good find!! Just more proof of a staged photo Op and possibly some added smoke to the picture to make it look good. I don't know. The whole topic and the great extent to which Obama will go to perpetuate a lie is just hilarious and very disturbing at the same time. His whole life as indicated in his own autobiography is full of lies, half truths, omissions and complete reweaving of the facts.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
It's a Sensor. Learn how to spell it before correcting people on it.

Whatever. My typos don't change reality.

Really... This "gotcha" crap about harassing people on the little stuff and technical details as though you're a professional and certified expert teaching a class is just absurd. Knock it off. If you're even impressing yourself with it, that's as far as it's going.

It's hardly little stuff when you claim that the price of the camera used somehow affects the motion blur.

This is the kind of childish B.S. that has good people ready to just say F.E. and leave. Be part of the solution. Not the problem. Eh?

How is it childish to correct blatantly false information? Am I in the wrong forum?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Thank you....yeah if Mr. skeet all the time, pulled the trigger on that second tube..he just ruined a 5,000.00 gun..

And that isn't even talking about the added smoke, nor the sight picture

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

You made a good observation earlier about the single extended choke tube that is visible in the picture. No choke tube on the lower barrel. Very interesting and quite the big NO NO if Obama knew what he was doing. Need both those barrels to shoot two birds in skeet!!

It is looking obvious to me that this was a one shot and done, 'for the camera' shot.

Who in the hell even loads a double barrel with just one of the choke tubes installed? Even if you are a testing a load through a certain tube, wouldn't you want to fire a load through another tube to compare the results?

edit on 4-2-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SBMcG

Sorry if this has been brought up already, but how do we know that is really obama? His face is nicely blocked by the stock of the weapon, pluse the dark glasses and ear protection. It could just as easiley be a member of the Secret Service team that looks similar to him or just a stand in.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Exactly. Why would they fake it.
There is no reason to fake it.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Holy Crap, what is wrong with you people?

You do know you guys are the laughing stock of the internet...and real life to be honest.

Do people really think that just because a photo was opened up in photoshop that it was actually modified??? Use some critical thinking people, you are all making ATS look really bad.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Sure there is....they needed to show that the man that hates guns really doesn't.....the entire nation is on the verge of revolt...

So after he said "do skeet all the time" they needed a photo , so in the oval office or somewhere...so they maybe hand him a gun and take a picture...the rest is the magic of photo shop.....

In that picture...that gun was not fired
That photo sure doesn't look to be taken less than an hour before sunset on aug 4 2012....as we are led to believe

And that is just the begining ...

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by xedocodex
Holy Crap, what is wrong with you people?

You do know you guys are the laughing stock of the internet...and real life to be honest.

Do people really think that just because a photo was opened up in photoshop that it was actually modified??? Use some critical thinking people, you are all making ATS look really bad.

Finally, a sane person.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Dunno about the original being Photoshopped...

but you gotta love the obvious ones...

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

hahaha that is a good one.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Originally posted by jibeho
If this picture was taken during a round of skeet as we were told, why is Obama NOT wearing a much needed shell pouch on his waist or a vest with pockets designed to hold your shells?

I have shot skeet before (not "all the time" like Obama, but I've done it a time or two)
and I've never worn a pouch. Some of us have "people" to do that sort of thing.

Besides, it was taken on Saturday, August 4th (see the op). Do you think they set up a photo op on his birthday because they knew they were going to need it 6 months later? Kind of like the birth announcements that were "planted" in the Hawaii papers?

If Obama shoots skeet "all the time" surely someone would have instructed him in proper form and equipment necessary to compete in a simple round.

Maybe YOU would have instructed him on proper form, but there are people who would just let him do it his way... Or maybe someone did try to instruct him and he turned around and let them have it!

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Besides, it was taken on Saturday, August 4th (see the op). Do you think they set up a photo op on his birthday because they knew they were going to need it 6 months later? Kind of like the birth announcements that were "planted" in the Hawaii papers?

What is this....logic???

How dare you ruin this hate fest with your demon logic and reason.

The funny thing is...the Obama haters are now in a loop where they are required to hate absolutely everything Obama does, even though it makes no logical sense to do so. I think some of them even know this, but they just can't help themselves...Obama is like their crack, and they can't put down the pipe.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SBMcG
reply to post by roadgravel

OK. But the fact is, it was opened and modified in Photoshop CS6 in some way or another.

I don't know how often this has been covered in this thread, but as someone who does photography for a nature center AND as an artist, yes, we open up the image in Photoshop or Gimp or some other software for the following actions:
* tweak the colors (warm or cool the tints)
* enhance the contrast (for publication)
* center the picture
* sharpen details.
* change the RGB to CMYK to match the ability of the intended printer's resolution and abilities.
* change resolution if it's going to be put on the web (to 72-78 DPI from what may be 600 DPI
* resize

I do this to EVERY image I take, and it's geared toward where my image will appear. I don't "nip and tuck" or collage or anything. It's what every artist does to make them look like competent professionals-- which we are.

That "lucky, beautiful shot" you see featured everywhere HAS been manipulated to some extent for publication. This has been going on in all the photos you ever saw in any magazine.

Heck, even Ansel Adams (famed landscape photographer) did this with his lightroom.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

What I am saying is that he, the Tyrant 0bama, has access to the gun range at any time. Why fake the pic when they can just have him fire a shotgun within a day or so.

I do agree that the shotgun in question shows a Choke on the top barrel, but not the bottom.
I will state that it is fake, in the idea that he does not shoot guns, does not go skeet shooting and that the pic was set up.

Fake like the pic is doctored??? I am not buying it. Why fake what you can do within your abilities.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I bet Barack Obama never obtained an Illinois Firearms ID Card.

I don't think he's ever owned a firearm in his life. Quite the pot belly he's growing for a basketball player.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SBMcG
reply to post by homeslice

Because it's a lie.

And lies are like rats -- where there's one you know about, there are many many more you don't.

So are the girls in playboy and just about every other girl you've seen in a swimsuit in any magazine, who cares really.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by jibeho

Originally posted by jibeho
If this picture was taken during a round of skeet as we were told, why is Obama NOT wearing a much needed shell pouch on his waist or a vest with pockets designed to hold your shells?

I have shot skeet before (not "all the time" like Obama, but I've done it a time or two)
and I've never worn a pouch. Some of us have "people" to do that sort of thing.

If Obama shoots skeet "all the time" surely someone would have instructed him in proper form and equipment necessary to compete in a simple round.

Maybe YOU would have instructed him on proper form, but there are people who would just let him do it his way... Or maybe someone did try to instruct him and he turned around and let them have it!

Thank you for your glass is half full response. I can always rely on you for that

Every moment is a photo op moment for Obama. Feinstein and others have been working on this for years as has Obama. Funny how Jay Carney "did not know" that this photo existed or that Obama shot a round of skeet on his birthday.

As for proper form....proper form ensures that you will actually hit the bird and succeed. Just like proper form and technique ensures that Obama will accurately knock the ball of the tee and accurately hit the cup on a putt. Drive for show, putt for dough.... a concept certainly not foreign to Obama... Proper form will also keep you from hurting your shoulder during extended rounds of "all the time" skeet shooting. O/U shotguns can deliver quite the recoil if you do not shoulder the weapon properly. A little different with semi auto shotguns which absorb much more recoil during the firing process...

As for your pouch comment... yes there are times I did not wear a pouch either. In that case it was either cargo pants to hold the shells or the deep pockets of an over coat. No deep pockets on Obama's Gloria Vanderbilt jeans though
Yes, Obama must a use a shell boy just like you do...
edit on 4-2-2013 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

HOLY SMACKS

You guys...wow...Just...wow...I needed six palms to face palm this hard. Called my family over to help.

I will not read this thread so I -dearly- hope someone else said this before me. The first few posts made me do this...

Okay. Professional media guy here. Photoshop is simply a tool. You can correct levels, color, contract, saturation, even exposure in some file-types. You can make backgrounds blurrier or more in focus (technically not, its a visual trick.)

Every photo ever published to some degree is opened in Photoshop. Most cameras shoot to big for web-publish and those images need to be down-sized. Most photographers shoot to RAW which needs to be converted to .jpg or other web friendly formats. Photoshop handles the file compression best.

To explain different dates issue: Photo was shot a while back. They decided to publish it. He converts it to .jpg or even touches up a few issues (like dust specks) he just noticed while reviewing it for publish.

I do this EVERY SINGLE DAY in my job. With simple photos. Even new-employee photos.

Photoshop is not some evil tool for faking people out. It is also highly valuable and out-right necessary for any professional like myself.
edit on 4-2-2013 by Foxe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join