It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Different perspective of life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Last week a good friend of mine died suddenly at the young age of 30, leaving behind his loving wife and two beautiful children. One of 4 and one of 8 months.

He didn't drink or smoke and took regular exercise so I ask myself, why on earth did this happen????

I have definitely started to think about life in a completely different way. It certainly makes you think about things and put what you think are problems/worries etc into perspective.

I think people should start to live life to the full and take everyday as it comes. Far too many people worry about insignificant things and I have to ask myself..... Are they really happy???

What are your thoughts?

VzH

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 05:56 AM
link   
you really don't know the cause of his death?

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 06:07 AM
link   
It's horrible when bad things like that happen and i know how you feel Pocket!

My eldest cousin died when she was 23...she was walking down the street with me one day and when i looked back, she was lying on the ground.

My perspective on life is sometimes clouded on the way i am feeling....

The best piece of advice i ever recieved was from my great-grandad:

Your a long time dead....enjoy everyday as it comes.

He also said that try and enjoy things that happen late at night and in the wee earlier hours....you'll get plenty of sleep when your dead!

Good advice that has shown me things that i might never have seen!

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 07:24 AM
link   
They think it was either a heart attack or fit. He was swimmimg and suddenly went under the water. I was found dead at the bottom of the pool.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 07:25 AM
link   
sorry, I mean he was found dead at the bottom of the pool.....

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 09:00 AM
link   
you can edit posts by clicking on "edit" in the right hand corner. from there you can change your post or delete it.

XAOS

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I am truely sorry for your loss. As someone who just recently turned 30 that is pretty scary. I hope his family get through this. Try to be there for the wife as this must feel like the end of the world for her.
Makes you realize that everyday is precious in its own way.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 09:55 AM
link   
exactly, that's why I have decided to live everyday as it comes and not let little things bother me.

I'm in love with a truly wonderful man and we make a great team, I hope we're together for ever and I'm sure we will be. However, if things do go wrong, I think I'm going to take the bull by the horns and move abroad. Go and work in a bar in Cyprus for a few months, just to experience change. After all, you only live once

VzH

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Go and work in a bar in Cyprus for a few months, just to experience change

good choice

enjoy life!

going out, living the night, bar, nightclub, meeting people, i simply love................
that, is really enjoying life..............

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I'm sorry for the loss of your friend, I feel bad for his wife and children. Death really does put things in perspective, but unfortunately this is usually only temporary and as time goes on we return to our usual way of thinking. People need to stop taking life for granted and enjoy their time here on earth because we never know when it will end. (see my sig).

top topics

join