It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BEATLES MYTHS : Fifty Years of Fact & ‘Fab’-rication

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I've seen on this thread a couple of times posters seeming to say that the Sgt Pepper album came after Abbey Road. Not so, charming young generation. No harm done, just look up the discography.

If anyone is interested in looking further into the whole Paul Is Dead thing, the hugely popular Rotten Apple series by YouTube user iamaphoney is a good place to start. I warn you, however, that once you get into it, you may get addicted to the various PID stuff out there on the web and believe me, it's hard to kick the habit. I've been 'looking into it' for years now, and just fair warning --- you may become a bit obsessed with it (to a degree).

No harm done 'looking into it' if you want to, so if you do, I would recommend, as I said, starting with video number one of the Rotten Apple Series and just go on from there watching the whole series episode by episode in order of the consecutive numbers. Here's a link to number one...

www.youtube.com...

Now, this person iamaphoney seemed to try and get his own recording career going by producing new songs made from what he hears when playing Beatles songs backwards. Personally, I'm not into iamaphoney's own record producing ego trip, but I will say that the person's Rotten Apple Series videos as well as the Winged Beatle movie made out of the same material are really stunning in detail and scope. The other side thing about iamaphoney is that the person supposedly (if you believe the videos) has in possession the Mal Evans suitcase which it is rumored contains an unpublished book manuscript written by Beatles roadie Mal Evans that is a tell all about the whole Paul Is Dead mystery. So, for all PID researchers, the manuscript is supposed to be 'the holy grail'. Seems that the latest is that iamaphoney's big revelation has been postponed due to being hit by massive cease and desist lawsuits from EMI and the Sir Paul team.

If you get through the entire Rotten Apple Series (and you really have to sort of get addicted to it in order to watch the entire epic thing), then you may want to branch out a bit and look at some other pretty cool videos by other researcher/posters on YouTube. Here are a few channels I suggest you might like...

YouKnowMyName231 (the person's main channel is: You Know My Name, but the cool series can be found going to: YouKnowMyName231) The 25-part main series by YouKnowMyName231 is 'graduate level' stuff not for the uninitiated. That's why you must start with iamaphoney's Rotten Apple Series for your undergrad studies.

Beacon1966 has some really professional looking videos that will fascinate you, no doubt.

999nowhereman has some intriguing stuff concerning the Helter Skelter Manson thing and the Beatles and the widely rumored L.A. occult scene and what the connections may have been.

litleneutrino puts out some really cool PID videos with spanish text, but don't let that turn you off. Basically, the gist of it is PID is real and the mysterious Canadian band of the early 70's KLAATU was connected with the Beatles. Check it out. I can't read spanish, but the vids are really cool.

2656alquimia is another spanish poster who recently got my attention with the John Halliday Forthlin Road Custodian material. This person's videos are even better than litleneutrino. Again, I'm no comprendo on the spanish text, but the videos are very cool. This person has the long version of the John Halliday material in which Halliday is having his 'pint a day' (just off work, he explains) and some amazed english tourists are telling him 'working here has rubbed off on ya --- ya look just like Paulie!' --- chilling material, I think.

little bird zene pretty cool videos about the social engineering and mind control of PID. Very chilling stuff (good use of music). I'm down with what little bird zene is about: it was a huge psyops social engineering project and all four Beatles had doubles and maybe more than one double per Beatle... again, graduate level material. Don't put this in your pipe and smoke it until you ramp up your PID knowledge with iamaphoney Rotten Apple Series --- PID 101, as the college bound would say. One of the little bird zene vids called "Who Is This Man?" is on the guy called Colin Unwin, rumored to be the original John Lennon. Like I said, proceed with caution, too strong a hit for the pipe right off for unschooled minds. Beware.

AdmiralAlbert last but not least. His (assuming he's a he) series "Paul Is Dead At The End Of The World" is both very highly entertaining and knockout informative. He really may be on to something. Apparently EMI and various movie studios felt that AdmiralAlbert's series hits too many raw nerves so they got YouTube to ban some of his episodes. Check the series out before all of it gets banned! He weaves in Stanley Kubrick films and a whole cafeteria of material. The cartoon dialogue by AdmiralAlbert is laugh out loud funny. Cool, cryptic stuff.
edit on 5-2-2013 by switching yard because: typo

edit on 5-2-2013 by switching yard because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-2-2013 by switching yard because: deletion

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Cant somone find out if there really was a william cambell who won a look alike contest. And see if there are any records of him after the 60's? Wouldnt that answer the question once and for all?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   

edit on 6-2-2013 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

That's my biggest problem with it. I've tried, albeit only via the internet, I'm no private investigator. If we could find that, then it would at least prove the guy existed.

Either way, it's a good story. But, I really do wish that we could find out if it's true. The way I see it, the only way we'll find out is if Paul (Faul?) died, and Ringo finally blew the whistle on it. Paul has never really hinted at it being true, unfortunately even if it was true, he'd never say. Really, our only hope is Ringo out living him. But, I don't think he'd say anything either, if he did, it would be interpreted as a ploy to get back in the spotlight again. Ringo seems like a good person, but you can never tell with celebrities, what we see of their lives is usually pre-ordained to protect their "image.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I love the Beatles. Too young to have witnessed them first time around but their LPs were played to death by my mum and dad but the whole PID thing is crazy. Wouldn't Linda McCartney have noticed or have had something to say about the whole situation???

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I just gotta say: I was in jr high when the "Paul is Dead"stuff came out. of course it was was the rage topic then and lots of people chalked it off to the Beatles just doing a wierd promo to sell albums. But hey, I was in jr high. I'd already seen them on Ed Sullivan...they were part of my life experience by then...and I remember thinking "Why would THE BEATLES have toresort to any sort of promotion to just sell more albums? All they have to do is make one!" And that's when the "Paul is Dead" stuff really got in to my head. Disturbing....albeit well over my 12-year-old head then...but not enough to be disturbed by it...by something going on.
Now, after all these videos, these "reports", these gifts of "evidence", I have to believe that Paul died in that car crash. There simply is no other explanation for The Abbey Rd cover, the Sgt Peppers anomolies, the rest of it. Wow. Thanks you to all the researchers who never gave up.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by CashStronomer

All of this just adds to the 'proof files' that Rock & Roll has only gone down hill since Buddy Holly Died!

Buddy Holly was a significant influence on the Fab Four, even down to their name, the 'Beatles' (earlier forms were the Silver Beetles, and the Beetles).

Buddy's band was the Crickets....so the lads came up with the name of a different bug!

And even before they thought up their name - while they were known as the Quarrymen - their first ever recording was the Holly hit, 'That'll Be The Day', in 1958.

In 1964 they did another Holly tribute, 'Words Of Love'.

Larry Kane - the American journalist who accompanied them on their US tours - once recalled an incident when one of the engines on their tour plane caught fire, and John Lennon went to open the door to get out....while they were 12,000 feet in the air.

Larry told him he would die, and John said, "Yeah, but I'll be going to heaven with Buddy Holly."

Lennon would, years later, record another Holly cover, 'Peggy Sue' (Rock and Roll, 1975).

He was in fact the only Beatle to record a Holly cover as part of his solo work.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by missvicky

I have to believe that Paul died in that car crash. There simply is no other explanation for The Abbey Rd cover, the Sgt Peppers anomolies, the rest of it.

Well, there is.

They were making fun of the conspiracy that had built up.

Sort of making fun of the British press, let's say.

Paul had had an accident while riding a motor scooter and had chipped one of his front teeth.

You can clearly see it on the promo for their '66 track, 'Rain'.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Your take is interesting, because though I have never heard it, I have always heard it says
"We'll f___ you like Supermen".

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by jvdas

Where is your link to the entire "Let It Be" film? I can only find the sideways version on Youtube.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by router404
I love the Beatles. Too young to have witnessed them first time around but their LPs were played to death by my mum and dad but the whole PID thing is crazy. Wouldn't Linda McCartney have noticed or have had something to say about the whole situation???

That is one of the funny scenarios about the fake Paul bit.
Real Paul was engaged to marry Jane Asher, whom he had been with for years.
But when fake Paul showed up he met Linda [on May 15, 1967] whom he liked and he married her instead.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by dave_welch

Actually, when they were on bad terms, Ringo did spill the beans on Paul, as he wrote a song for him called "Back Off Bugaloo", in which he sang
"Stop pretending you are dead"

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley

What you are failing to notice is that this “conspiracy” as you call it was all made by none other than the Beatles themselves.

No one else put the clues on the records.
The Beatles are the ones who created the hoax.
Nobody else.
Nobody else said “Paul is dead, miss him, miss him”.

It is right there at the end of "I'm So Tired" and it was put there intentionally to make someone listen to the record backwards.

Of course they did not consider it a hoax, they considered it a game.
The Beatles were creative people with a good sense of humor and lots of time on their hands.

But in October 1969 the game was up and the clues were found. By then the Beatles could not admit to the clues they placed because in August 1969 Charles Manson had 7 people killed due to “messages” the Beatles gave him.

So now it became something they would never admit to and would all take to their graves.
If they took an oath on keeping the “Paul is dead” story a secret, it was one of the very last things they did together as a group. Though Ringo and John did make a lyrical comment in 1971.

"Stop pretending you are dead"
~ Starr

"Those [Beatle] freaks was right when they said you was dead”
~ Lennon

An oddity of this was that Rosemary's Baby (the movie Roman Polanski was directing at the time Manson was having his wife murdered) was filmed at the same location where Lennon was murdered.

nam daed no em nrut

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by switching yard

Excellent post, switching yard.

For those following the whole thread, the aforementioned maker of the "Rotten Apple" series is the same (iamaphoney) as the guy who created "The Winged Beatle" which I linked to, earlier in the thread. From what I can tell, most of the relevant points from "The Rotten Apple Series" were complied into a somewhat more "linear" form as "The Winged Beatle," film, though The RA series may have some stuff that's not in The Winged Beatle.

Very decent list. I recognize all of those names, and I enjoyed watching most of those videos. "PID at the end of the world" definitely made me lol a few times. It's also good for an overview of the whole "WTF is up with Paul" phenomenon-- from PID/PWR to the occult and ties to Crowley, etc. I just wish the end of his series remained as coherent and easy to follow as the first 5 videos or so. He becomes more abstract and less narrative as the series goes on. You may have missed one or two minor series, but you seem to have gotten all the best / major players.

What happened to the "Grandfather Aleister" series of videos?

I feel like I'm neglecting to think of another good one.....

FWIW I enjoyed 999Nowhereman's stuff, but that's another one of those highly cryptic ones, if I recall correctly.

I also really liked the ones Beacon did. In fact, I referenced his theories a few times in my posts here.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
One more thing…

There's a toy car sitting in a doll's lap on the cover of Sgt. Pepper's. The doll wears a sweater reading "Welcome, The Rolling Stones."

“In the February 1967 (#43) issue of The Beatles Monthly Book, the Beatles' official fan club magazine, the following blurb appeared in the "Beatle News" section, entitled "FALSE RUMOUR":

"Stories about the Beatles are always flying around Fleet Street. The 7th of January was very icy, with dangerous conditions on the M1 motorway, linking London with the Midlands, and towards the end of the day, a rumor swept London that Paul McCartney had been killed in a car crash on the M1. But, of course, there was absolutely no truth in it at all. As the Beatles' Press Officer found out, when he telephoned Paul's St. John's Wood home and was answered by Paul himself, that he had been at home all day with his black Mini Cooper safely locked up in the garage."

As the story goes, there supposedly was a car crash on that night, and it was Paul’s car. But Paul’s car was being driven by a Moroccon named Mohammed Chtaibi. He was following another car. Who was in the other car you ask?

Paul McCartney, Brian Jones, Keth Richards and Mick Jagger.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualarchitect

What you are failing to notice is that this “conspiracy” as you call it was all made by none other than the Beatles themselves. No one else put the clues on the records. The Beatles are the ones who created the hoax. Nobody else.

Not true; the "Paul is dead" rumour was circulating in certain publications after Paul's decidedly NON fatal accident on a scooter, fuelled by the press.

Instead of outright denying it, the boys rather mischievously played along with it.

They realised that nothing they could say or do would change what some people wanted to believe, so they just had some fun.

Think about it: why would they leave "clues" on records about something they wished to conceal?

Makes no sense at all.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CJCrawley

Yes. That's why they called them clues.

"Here's another "CLUE" for you all"
~ Lennon 1968
edit on 6-2-2013 by spiritualarchitect because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Was there a "John is dead" rumour circulating in 1969?

There ought to have been because he did have a near-fatal car crash while holidaying in Scotland.

Both he and Yoko sustained significant facial injuries that required stitches.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageman

The OP leaves me with so many questions:

How exactly does one sell his soul to the Devil? Doesn't the Devil already have the souls of all non-Christians? And how does one contact the Devil, anyway? These days, there's probably a website or 1-800 number (linking you to a call center in Bangalore) but how did Mr. Lennon do it in 1960? I've met Satanists and none of them have ever claimed to be able to contact the actual Satan in person. How much influence did Lucifer have in the actual song-writing process? Why does the Prince of Darkness want to promote bubblegum pop?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join