It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Games I've favorited.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by beautyofperil

When FFVII was released I took a whole week of work so I could play it day and night
...I don't think up until that point I had ever played a game in which I became totally immersed in the storyline, character's and soundtrack on the kind of scale I did with FFVII. It still to this day bring's back fond memories....and One Winged Angel composed by Nobuo Uematsu is purely epic!

I played Exhumed ( or PowerSlave) on the Playstation...It was developed by Lobotomy Software and used it's own SlaveDriver engine....It's similar to Doom but think Egyptian theme

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

team fortress 2 its basicaly a game where you play as differnent clases fighting other teams
edit on 3-2-2013 by grey9438 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
the Mass Effect series
The Elder Scrolls series
The Old Republic
Fallout series
Medal of Honor series
Modern Warfare series, including Black Ops

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

The Jade empire is a xbox game that would fit in with the games you speak off.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I only play PC games, no console here

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
FF7
FF6
FF10
FF11
FF13
FF8
Legend of the Dragoon
Metal Gear Solid series
Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Just Cause 2
Street Fighter
Guilty Gear X
Capcom Vs SNK Vs Marvel

so much more...

well mainly RPG and Fighters

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

So get the special edition on the pc.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Thats a very good list you compiled regardless.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Here are my "ALL TIME" favorites (I know some are pretty old but I still play them sometimes).

1st: Final Fantasy VII (PS1) - BY A LONG SHOT

there is no specific order for the others, I like them all.

GTA - IV (XBOX360)
Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1)
Harvest Moon - Back to Nature (PS1)
Bust a Grove (PS1) - I found it really funny

There are many more but it would take aweek to type them all here. These are the ones that stuck in my mind for my all time bests.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logos23

When FFVII was released I took a whole week of work so I could play it day and night
...I don't think up until that point I had ever played a game in which I became totally immersed in the storyline, character's and soundtrack on the kind of scale I did with FFVII. It still to this day bring's back fond memories....and One Winged Angel composed by Nobuo Uematsu is purely epic!

I played Exhumed ( or PowerSlave) on the Playstation...It was developed by Lobotomy Software and used it's own SlaveDriver engine....It's similar to Doom but think Egyptian theme

I agree ...FFVII was/is extremely addictive and I also got absorbed into the storyline to a point that I Cried at one point in the story....you know when!!!!

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Favorite game of all time: TimeSplitters: Future Perfect on the original Xbox. No game has been able to replicate the enjoyment I got out of that darn game. Too bad they never made it backwards compatible.

Currently playing Guild Wars 2. It has its issues, but the foundation they have should be great once they get some of the (serious) kinks worked out. Reminds me of Dark Age of Camelot, my favorite PvP game up to this point.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, storm across Europe, rome total war, dark souls, gothic 1 and 2.

Jedi knight, jedi academy..

Age of EMpires, Asheron's call, rainbow six (pc version original)..

those are the games I think worth bragging about..

God of war 3 was notable as well.. So is battlefield 3.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
World of Warcraft...I didnt forget it,....ITs my name after all......just thought I would slide it in here.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by WOWGamer
World of Warcraft...I didnt forget it,....ITs my name after all......just thought I would slide it in here.

I certainly enjoyed World of Warcraft when it was first released. At that point, I had played Ultima and EQ and loved them. Thought WoW introduced some interesting stuff.

When it came down to it though, I got tired of paying nearly $200/year and paying for expansions on top of it. I did try private servers for a bit, but I had simply moved on.

On a slightly separate note, its actually really interesting the amount of effort and research has gone into the psychological aspect of making games continuously appealing.

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

Dead Frontier blows WOW and any other MMO's away in my opinion, but WOW is pretty cool, I had a Druid one time and my level 80 step brother (who also got me into the game, seriously bought it for me and everything) hooked me up with all kinds of goodies lol probaly the only reason I liked the game was the power I had over others at my level. It's gameplay structure was very mind numbing for me at times however.
edit on 7-2-2013 by beautyofperil because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by beautyofperil

Dead Frontier blows WOW and any other MMO's away in my opinion, but WOW is pretty cool, I had a Druid one time and my level 80 step brother (who also got me into the game, seriously bought it for me and everything) hooked me up with all kinds of goodies lol probaly the only reason I liked the game was the power I had over others at my level. It's gameplay structure was very mind numbing for me at times however.

Sometimes mind-numbing=cathartic, you know? edit: So uh.. I wanted to make sure I was using the word cathartic correctly, I had always seen it as meaning "soothing," which is definitely one of its meanings. Apparently, it also refers to a laxative induced.. movement. Just to clarify, that is NOT how I am using it!

I havent played Dead Frontier, Ill check it out
The top-down isometric view reminds me of classics like Baldur's Gate. I like that it has PvP, I have been recently getting back into it after playing competitively as a youngun. At that point though, 'e-sports' was certainly non-existent. Some may still say it might as well be today, haha.

I have mostly been playing MMOs for the past few years simply because I can only play for ~10 minutes before I need to stop. Then after laying down for a bit, I can get back to it. I love how easy this is to do in games of this type.
edit on 7-2-2013 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-2-2013 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I agree ...FFVII was/is extremely addictive and I also got absorbed into the storyline to a point that I Cried at one point in the story....you know when!!!!

Yes indeed I know when...and I cried too!!! lol I still watch that cutscene on youtube every now and then...I'm pretty sure it must be considered one of the most memorable cutscene's in gaming history!

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Yes indeed I know when...and I cried too!!! lol I still watch that cutscene on youtube every now and then...I'm pretty sure it must be considered one of the most memorable cutscene's in gaming history!

btw the only reason I didnt specify what/when...its not to spoil it for anyone who would want to play it!! I also watch it on youtube here and there.....now I am going to have to start a new game,,,

edit on 7-2-2013 by WOWGamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serdgiam

I certainly enjoyed World of Warcraft when it was first released. At that point, I had played Ultima and EQ and loved them. Thought WoW introduced some interesting stuff.

When it came down to it though, I got tired of paying nearly $200/year and paying for expansions on top of it. I did try private servers for a bit, but I had simply moved on.

On a slightly separate note, its actually really interesting the amount of effort and research has gone into the psychological aspect of making games continuously appealing.

I must agree that paying $17/month adds up...I've been playing since the original release. What I have been doing to reduce the cost is simple...I ask for game cards & expansions when they're released for Chritmas & Bday...I Got "Mist of Pandoria" a month ago and I just ran out of play time

I will likely wait a bit to buy a time card ( my Bday is coming up on the 22nd) up:

I just love this game though!!

posted on Feb, 7 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by beautyofperil

I've never tried Dead Frontier, what console?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join