It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slain Former Navy SEAL Sniper Chris Kyle Talks Gun Violence In Recent Guns.com Interview

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I don't know much about the guy, have no desire to read his book, and personally don't think he punched Jesse Ventura. But since he was killed a few days ago I decided to learn more about him, and found this interview. Searched ATS and it looks like this wasn't posted yet. So here it is...

SHOT Show 2013: Navy SEAL Chris Kyle talks Politics, Obama, Piers Morgan with Guns.com

Guns.com had the privilege of interviewing Mr. Kyle in the past; you can check out that Q&A here , but this time – at SHOT Show 2013 – we wanted to get his thoughts on the politics going on in Washington and the ongoing national debate on gun control.

edit on 3-2-2013 by whatsecret because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
These killings lately are all just a little too convenient to be a coincidence.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I think I saw this guy on Hannity bragging about how many Afgan's he killed.

RIP M*****F****R

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spookycolt
I think I saw this guy on Hannity bragging about how many Afgan's he killed.

RIP M*****F****R

He went to war and followed orders... I think.

Military don't question orders. And a lot of them really believe that they are fighting for our freedom.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by cybro

These killings lately are all just a little too convenient to be a coincidence.

How?

His book was passed for publication and there are hundreds of thousands of very vocal people regarding changes to gun control what possible motivation is there for killing this guy.

Its just a sad story involving guns yet again.

Its kind of ironic if you think about it, he was against gun control yet it was a lack of gun control that ended his life.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Its kind of ironic if you think about it, he was against gun control yet it was a lack of gun control that ended his life.

Please tell me more about how the lack of gun control had anything to do with his death.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsecret

Well what I mean is if guns where illegal then that guy would not have been able to have killed him, assuming it was a legally owned weapon.

I am not “anti-gun” as such just making a point.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Well what I mean is if guns where illegal then that guy would not have been able to have killed him, assuming it was a legally owned weapon.

That's interesting... But what makes you think guns cannot be purchased illegally?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

He would not have been in that situation, that’s what I mean, say for arguments sake all guns were banned, every last one then he would never have been in that situation.

Sure he might (emphasis on the MIGHT) have got gunned down by some gangbanger with a illegal weapon but not by a guy with PTSD on a shooting range.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

He would not have been in that situation, that’s what I mean, say for arguments sake all guns were banned, every last one then he would never have been in that situation.

Sure he might (emphasis on the MIGHT) have got gunned down by some gangbanger with a illegal weapon but not by a guy with PTSD on a shooting range.

lol... I see... ban all guns.

Lets pretend earth is completely gun free for the arguments sake.. Do you think some people would still be killing other people?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I have already said that I am not “aniti-gun” I believe the second amendment you Americans have should be protected.

All I was saying is that there was some tragic irony to this story.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

He was against gun control that much is true.

an ass with a gun killed him, not lack of gun control.

so who is at fault here.
1. the sniper for being against gun control?
2. society for not having more gun laws.?
3. the man who pulled the trigger and held the gun?

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: slugger9787

He was against gun control that much is true.

an ass with a gun killed him, not lack of gun control.

so who is at fault here.
1. the sniper for being against gun control?
2. society for not having more gun laws.?
3. the man who pulled the trigger and held the gun?

Any returning veteran who experienced COMBAT in a warzone should be forbidden to own and use any kind of FIREARMS.. FULL STOP

These guys know how to use firearms and they have used it to kill people in warzones , most of them have hidden PSTD and Trauma and Guilt. Any day these guys can just explode and kill people randomly.

DO YOU WANT THESE TRAINED KILLERS TO RAN UNCONTROLLED KILLING CIVILIANS JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE OFF MEDICATION THAT DAY ???

im sure you dont want any of these killers near you and your loved ones if there's any chance they got hold of any kind of weapon.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Spookycolt
We are proud to be warriors and good at it.your IRE is with the system,not us.
The simple minds who can't see PASSED WHAT happens when we fight had best recall where they might BE if not FOR our choice to fight..something about gift horses and mouths.

posted on Jul, 16 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: milomilo
WE haven't taken over our country yet, WE don't kill on a professional level here and WE are your LAST CHANCE if the country get jumped .
YOUR knowledge is limited on the issue it is also an emotional response but argue further I LOVE IT.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Whats so hard on giving up your firearms ?

why americans have to be allowed to have murder weapons in their hands ?

for what purpose will they use these firearms ?

Isnt firearms created just to do one thing only and thats to kill ?

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   

We fight. Hunt,have shooting contests and kill intruders,there are too many guns in wrong hands.
We also have a populous from EVERYWHERE some are impolite and actually go to a CHURCH that says I must die. WE as a country say them first.
You shouldn't be afraid of MY guns but MY idiot President who has successfully reignited a new cold war for all the young to fix. I helped win the last one.Most is STILL SECRET and that is so the leaders are dead before we can catch them.
My father taught me and my brother to shoot and hun't but I kind of LIKE animals so I would prefer NOT to kill one myself. But a JIHADIST OH yeah they are A BLAST TO KILL. Easy too just close and kill .they aren't warriors on our level they are at the level of LA street gangs. Which is why they hide and use IEDs.

Americans at war are emotionless cold and accurate it tends to bother others but it wins the fight. Nobody cares what happens later ,we chose that.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
hunting ? thats barbaric killing animals just for entertainment. dont you got meat in supermarket from slaughtered cows already ? when is that enough ?

banning hunting should be implemented as it is crazy to kill animal just for entertainment.

sorry im not green movement guy but hunting animals nowadays are not the same as the ancient times where you need to hunt for food or die.. today you can get large amount of meat in supermarket with less money you use for bullets..

totally disagree on hunting animals for fun

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: whatsecret

That's interesting... But what makes you think guns cannot be purchased illegally?

I would like to build on this... That's interesting... WTF!?!?! Makes you think he couldn't kill the guy without a gun? I can kill somebody with my bare hands if I wanted to by crushing their trachea, or a number of other ways. I can take a tree branch and petrify it and then beat him to death with it... Seriously... This whole 'guns kill people, and banning them means they can't kill people' rhetoric is complete bull#. Statistically, guns counts for a very LOW percentage of deaths in the national average, especially in the aspect of willful and intent homicide. The founding fathers weren't stupid; they said, "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!!!!"

in·fringe·ment
inˈfrinjmənt/Submit
noun
the action of breaking the terms of a law, agreement, etc.; violation.
"copyright infringement"
the action of limiting or undermining something.
"the infringement of the right to privacy"

The founding fathers knew technology advances; they had at least witnessed history and the expansion from bows to swords to guns. They must have known that guns would eventually become more advanced; but it is the duty of the citizen in the claim and exercise of his constitutional rights to exercise them with care and responsibility!! If you go out and shoot somebody with a gun, and it is ruled a 'wrongful death' common law still protects that person's family, and you will go to jail.

posted on Jul, 17 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

And that means what to Americans?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join