It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Politicians in State Capitol Get Their Butts Handed to them by Newtown, CT Resident at Hearing!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forrest

Fact: There is nothing in the current public discourse (well, nothing in the serious public discourse, anyway) that even hints at some nefarious government entity intent on coming to 'take your guns'.
Sensible people discussing common sense methods for dealing with the issues of mass violence have come nowhere near suggesting any kind of ban on handguns, rifles, nor shotguns. Any suggestion to the contrary is -- particularly to the gun-rights folks -- particularly specious, because it is these same folks and their supporters who are the only ones promoting the myth that the government seeks to completely disarm US citizens.

You and others are simply ajusting your words to fit the argument. See we dont care for the idea of "not seeking complete disarming".....we dont care how much it is 1/4 or 1/2 of current. Take the whole thing and shove it is what we are saying. And they are seeking to disarm....not a myth there Einstein.

As far as where its at....the state house....all the better then. And when did having a child shot become the requirment for speaking about it? Maybe he doesnt want to wait that long.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spookycolt

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

This is not a talk from the heart.

Yeah you're right. It came from much deeper down. Try the gut.

He's reading his comments from the computer screen. If my daughter died I wouldn't need to do that,,,I would be in their face.

This is set-up and a joke.

Kinda like grieving father Robbie Parker reading from notes? More damage control trolls joining every day. Desperation is a stinky cologne.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

That dude is an idiot.

Hes using this tragedy to further his own goals. Can't even read his "prepared" speech without messing it up. This is not a talk from the heart.

'Sniff' sniff', you sir have the aroma of "alphabet" all over you. I shall make it a point to pass up any and all posts with your moniker attached from this point on! I would suggest to any other "real" people here, to do likewise with anyone so obviously in league with "the dark side". I feel the best way to deal with TPTB, is to ignore them entirely!

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

My God people...he is using this tragedy to flaunt his hate for politicians and his anti-gun-ban stance.

Just listen to how he is talking down to the people hes addressing. This has absolutely nothing to do with the death of his child, its a personal vendetta hes waging here.

Kinda like using children to push an anti-gun agenda huh?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963
reply to post by Spookycolt

My God people...he is using this tragedy to flaunt his hate for politicians and his anti-gun-ban stance.

Just listen to how he is talking down to the people hes addressing. This has absolutely nothing to do with the death of his child, its a personal vendetta hes waging here.

Really? Kinda like how everyone else used it to futher the gun control agenda??? You do realize that the current bill being pushed was written a few years ago don't ya?

hahaha I should have foreseen it would be no more than 1 post later someone would point out the obvious

to you seeker!

As to the OP and the person speaking at the statehouse..... good on him!! It is damn nigh about time we started letting them know how it is!!
edit on 3-2-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: saving post space

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Fantastic! standing ovation! S&F

From my cold dead hands as well

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

so by your comments every time Obama(or any politician/elected offical) reads a teleprompter he is not speaking from the heart and automatically an idiot?

star and flag op day by day its becoming more clear lawful gun owners will not comply with unjust registration and that the attack on the second amendment will fail as spectacularly!
as we had all hoped the balance is shifting and we are being heard and we shall not be infringed dispite what the anti gunners would have us believe.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forrest

Sensible people discussing common sense methods for dealing with the issues of mass violence have come nowhere near suggesting any kind of ban on handguns, rifles, nor shotguns. Any argument to the contrary is -- particularly to the gun-rights folks -- particularly specious, because it is these same folks and their supporters who are the only ones promoting the myth that the government seeks to completely disarm US citizens.
edit on 3-2-2013 by Forrest because: ch sp

How do you explain NY States knee-jerk response that banned not only citizens rights but law enforcements use of so-called assault weapons or the 50 Oz. handgun ban that makes many revolvers into "assualt weapons" and therefore illegal or for that matter most .22 caliber "plinkers" into so-called "assault weapons" which are to be illegal.

Sensible would be a nationwide open conversation about big pharma and its role in drugging our youth - not legislation that deprives law abiding citizens of state and federal constitutional rights.

Lets have that conversation first about drugs and mental health prior to any conversations having to do with constitutions and amendments.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

and the anti gunners using those children's deaths to try to get laws passed on emotion are not any less vile?and i dont think it was HIS daughter that died if you watched the video it was his daughters classmates little sister perhaps you should more carefully view the video before saying things that were not true

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
That was the BEST speech I've seen this week! I wish I could give you more stars and flags for this OP
TY

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by RalagaNarHallas

so by your comments every time Obama(or any politician/elected offical) reads a teleprompter he is not speaking from the heart and automatically an idiot?

star and flag op day by day its becoming more clear lawful gun owners will not comply with unjust registration and that the attack on the second amendment will fail as spectacularly!
as we had all hoped the balance is shifting and we are being heard and we shall not be infringed dispite what the anti gunners would have us believe.

And they will be kicking themselves in the ass when we demand all restrictions dropped as well. No more silly non adjustable stocks, removing of pistol grips, compensators being against the law. They have opened a can of worms. We sat quietly and tried all of their methods throughout the years we gave inches and they took miles, no more, not again, you lose.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by scoobdude
And p.s. there is another thread with this already:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join