It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dangers of Dihydrogen Monoxide and How It Affects You.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
EDIT NOTE: Mods, please move this to where you feel this thread is appropriate as I am unsure where this kind of thread would go but best felt as this thread is best at home in this section of the forum.

Please watch this video.

After watching this video, I must admit, I played a big prank on members that are new to both this site and video.

There is nothing to be afraid of as Dihydrogen Monoxide is simply H20. Yes, the video was talking about water. And don't fret, thousands of college students were petitioning to ban dihydrogen monoxide. When I first was watching the video, I immediately picked up on the fear campaign and was questioning the integrity of the video from the opening second.

Before I proceed, I must ask members reading this to ask themselves a simple question: How did this video make me feel in regard to the information that this video presented?

Let's take a quick overview on the truth values of the information presented in the video: Let me say this firstly, everything that you read in the video is truthful. Yes, it is all true. All the qualities and characteristics described are all 100 percent true.

HOWEVER, although it is true, do you see the way in which the message is given and presented that would greatly shape your perspective on the subject?

After watching this video and the actions of thousands of Rutgers college students signing a petition moving to ban dihydrogen monoxide, what is implied?
1. Lack of critical thinking in modern society.
2. We fear that is which is unknown.
3. We accept truths if the message giver appears to be credible in a field where we are unfamiliar with.
4. The fear of the unknown dominates our perception of truth.

This is a dangerous thing about conspiracy theories and disinformation in general; while the information may be truthful, it can be skewed to fit a certain outcome and make you come to a dead end.

I implore you to use this experience as you start reading into the history of human corruption.

Question everything.
Be skeptical.
Try your best to not be biased.
Enter everything with a spirit of inquiry, not pretension.
Do not hold your brothers and sisters that yearn for truth back.
Build them up and encourage them.

Also, a question to ponder about and discuss: Do you think the spreading of this video is part of psy-op program? Possibly a mass psycho-sociological experiment. My reasoning behind that is the last part of the video when it commanded that the viewers should learn more and educate other people about it. Plus the constant flashing of the screen is one that should be examined for subtle subliminal messages if anyone has a video editing program that can spot whats going on between those constant flashes in the video.
edit on 3-2-2013 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I Honestly have to say, I was not fooled
I took a look again at the compound and knew.

I have to laugh at the line about Collage kids wanting to petition against Di-hydrogen Monoxide. Obviously their majors were not In Chemistry.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
HA.

I try to stay away from the stuff if I can.
Diluting it's effects with large quantities of coffee and whiskey seem to be working out for me pretty well though.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pegasus2000
I Honestly have to say, I was not fooled
I took a look again at the compound and knew.

I have to laugh at the line about Collage kids wanting to petition against Di-hydrogen Monoxide. Obviously their majors were not In Chemistry.

Lol yeah I found that pretty funny too but to make fun of them wasn't my point, it was to help prove a point.

It doesn't matter what kind of accolades one does or doesn't have. We are on the internet, therefore we are at a level playing field. Question everything with a spirit of inquiry. Strive to learn and think critically for yourself. Do not put others down in this process you have ventured on. Adapt this skepticism and scientific method for any and everything.

Let me end with a quote from a kid's tv show called Adventure Time:
"If you already have your mind made up, why one have at all?" - Jake the Dog.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Kinda reminds me of the Joseph Kony video that happened a while ago, I remember random people at work who would struggle to elaborate on the actual history or geography of any African country just all of a sudden started telling me how I must watch this youtube video all of sudden about this really bad man and what a crime to humanity it all was.

Once I heard about this same video from at least 3 different people in two days, that was proof enough for me youtube is a lot better for brainwashing stupid people than I previously thought.
edit on 3-2-2013 by Tuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuttle
Kinda reminds me of the Joseph Kony video that happened a while ago, I remember random people at work who would struggle to elaborate on the actual history or geography of any African country just all of a sudden started telling me how I must watch this youtube video all of sudden about this really bad man and what a crime to humanity it all was.

Once I heard about this same video from at least 3 different people in two days, that was proof enough for me youtube is a lot better for brainwashing stupid people than I previously thought.
edit on 3-2-2013 by Tuttle because: (no reason given)

You can sort of blame the people for being brainwashed, but we've all succumbed to propaganda, and I'm using this term loosely, and its influence one way or another. And in my opinion and experiences, it would be detrimental to label people as being stupid in the quest for truth. There are ripple effects that we can not see until it finally smacks us in the face.

top topics

join