It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun-Control Battle Spills Over To Super Bowl Ads

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Not only the father selling the gun to his son but leaving it for him when he dies. Under our new state law this is forbidden, and I imagine it's in the works for the new federal laws as well. Sure everyone knows about the background check to purchase a gun, likewise I think most people would be ok with continuing that process. But I hope people are not mixing this new push as the government caring about the people at all. It's not it's a money maker is all it is, and a control thing to boot. When will people open their eyes to the fact the government doesn't give a damn about you as an individual, it just sees dollar signs by way of taxes or fines.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Originally posted by neo96
As I said I do not buy they aren't its the law and if they don't follow said law they go to jail and they do not get to collect 200 dollars.

Because everyone who breaks the law gets caught.

It's your choice to believe the studies or not. Just putting it out there.

The Feds issue FFLS by law which means the FEDS are not doing their jobs and go figure there is a PBS article blaming the FFL dealers.

Yes, let's not blame those who are responsible for the actual crime (the FFLs). Blame those who ISSUE the FFLs...
Do you also support not blaming the gun criminal, but the gun manufacturer or dealer who sold him the weapon?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Because everyone who breaks the law gets caught.

Yes, let's not blame those who are responsible for the actual crime (the FFLs). Blame those who ISSUE the FFLs..

Thank you just shot down the whole gun control argument,
edit on 3-2-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

You do not own any car. The State owns the car. The State issues the title and handles title transfers. You operate the car and pay for the manufacture of the car. You insure the car and make decisions on who it becomes transferred to after you are done with it, but you never actually own the car.

Your yearly licensing fee (and in some states inspections--fee or not) is the rental to the State that owns it. Your road use tax is paid purchasing gasoline to operate the car.

reply to post by jaynkeel

If that is the case, then your State has majorly violated the 2nd Amendment because you no longer own your firearm if you have to register it and have the State facilitate transfers. Just like cars.

edit on 3-2-2013 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

We are fighting it believe me, check out my thread on a local town meeting in Buffalo if you haven't already the tone has been set.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ahabstar
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

You do not own any car. The State owns the car. The State issues the title and handles title transfers. You operate the car and pay for the manufacture of the car. You insure the car and make decisions on who it becomes transferred to after you are done with it, but you never actually own the car.

Your yearly licensing fee (and in some states inspections--fee or not) is the rental to the State that owns it. Your road use tax is paid purchasing gasoline to operate the car.

Geez...Thanks for that. I knew that when it concerns property tax, but never applied it to the truck I own, (bought and paid for).

And again....I'm depressed.

But I have thought that the Gov't is always looking to increase revenue and saw the taxes concerning firearms coming a long way off.

To tell the truth, at this moment, I cannot think of a single thing that the City, County, State or Federal Gov't doesn't tax anymore. With the exception of maybe air.

And if you need oxygen for medical reasons....yea, that's taxed too.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

With the exception of maybe air.

look up the clean air act, and wait for it the carbon tax.

Even air is taxed.and life is taxed via the SCOTUS ruling on healthcare.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

With the exception of maybe air.

look up the clean air act, and wait for it the carbon tax.

Even air is taxed.and life is taxed via the SCOTUS ruling on healthcare.

Don't forget the Estate tax, also called the Death tax.

Once you die, your family now owes taxes for the stuff you bequeathed them and alraedy paid a tax on.

Yea...great stuff.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

3 guaranteed things in this life:

Taxes,death, and gun control. they get us coming in this world they get us going out of this world.;

Sigh.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff
I really fail to comprehend why anyone has or could even have an issue with this

You need to register your cars I assume? anytime it changes hands some sort of record is kept?
At least thats what happens everywhere I know about.

Being concerned about this just comes across a further proof of the average gun owners innate paranoia in my opinion

Owning a car is not part of the constitution. Or a horse. Or a carriage.

Owning a gun IS.

Not having that infringed IS.

Perhaps this will assist you in comprehending.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I know. There are many who want to blame the manufacturer or seller, but I am not one of those people. I believe the PERSON should be held accountable for the crimes they commit, INCLUDING an FFL who is breaking the law.

But you apparently want to blame the federal government for issuing him a license. That's like blaming the state when someone uses their car to break the law.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Really now?

Was Lanza,or homles or any mass shooter a FFL holder?

Want to hold people accountable it is those people who go around shooting people.

Lanza was denied stole weapons and killed the person who passed the background check a "straw purchase".so to speak,

An no the people who i hold accountable is the morons who committed those shootings.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I didn't say the FFL should be blamed for the crimes others commit. I'm saying they should be blamed for what THEY do, which is sell firearms without doing the background checks. You want to blame the federal government for that.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by neo96

I didn't say the FFL should be blamed for the crimes others commit. I'm saying they should be blamed for what THEY do, which is sell firearms without doing the background checks. You want to blame the federal government for that.

What did i say?

Wasn't the one who linked the pbs article trying to blame FFL dealers.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Wasn't the one who linked the pbs article trying to blame FFL dealers.

I wasn't blaming anyone. I was refuting the statement that most guns used by criminals were stolen. I was showing that most guns get in criminals hands by:

1. Straw purchaces
2. Illegal purchases through FFLs
3. Gun show purchases.

I'm not blaming ANY of these for what the criminal does. The criminal is responsible for that. But the FFL IS responsible for selling a gun under corrupt or illegal conditions. (They are NOT responsible for the crime that is performed with the gun.)

You said

The Feds issue FFLS by law which means the FEDS are not doing their jobs

Which seems to blame the feds for what the FFLs do.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I wasn't blaming anyone. I was refuting the statement that most guns used by criminals were stolen. I was showing that most guns get in criminals hands by:

Refuted nothing because most criminals buy there guns out the trunk of a car.

1. Straw purchaces 2. Illegal purchases through FFLs

Isn't a straw purchase illegal so why the need to list that twice?

. Gun show purchases.

A anti gun talking point that has been used for over 30 years as most dealers at gun shows do perform background checks.

But the FFL IS responsible for selling a gun under corrupt or illegal conditions. (

Based off what some PBS article saids real world experience would be nice to form opinions.

Which seems to blame the feds for what the FFLs do.

I know what I said since the federal governemnt regulates FFL licenses that is suppose to "stop straw purchases" and supposedly it "hasn't"

The real world clearly shows what the real deal is, and the real world shows that the majority of FFL dealers are clearly doing background checks.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
BH and Neo96,

I just have to say thanks! I love your debates, even though you often debate gun control and often agree, It continues. I guess it's the finer things that y'all disagree with. I'm cool with that as it makes me think.

But what I would give to have a sit down with you two over a beer and wings. THAT would be a evenings entertainment!

Keep it up.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Well, I'm not enjoying this one at all.
There seems to be a lot of confusion about what has been said. So, I'll bow out of it.

I just want to reiterate that I believe in personal responsibility and the person who commits a crime is the person who should be punished for the crime.

Have a nice day.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
SIGH.

Every time I hear gun haters talking about firearms, on here or in the media, it is so abundantly clear that they have NO idea what the hell they are talking about.

Just give it up already gun grabbers, you sound more ignorant of the topic every time you speak or type something.

edit on 3-2-2013 by ResistTreason because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I just want to reiterate that I believe in personal responsibility and the person who commits a crime is the person who should be punished for the crime.

Gun control background checks and regulation is the antithesis of that belief.

Ditto BH I'm done to interrupting me looking at tactical gun safes

<< 1    3  4 >>

join