It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tyrannized Tyrants

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

I can't say that I've labeled them tyrants, just responding to how my dreams portray them and they are portrayed as tyrants. So my dreams have labeled them tyrants and I trust my dreams, you may disagree. I believe that tyrants want to be good and believe they are doing what's best for everyone, but don't realize that they are incorrect and they do not know what is best for everyone.

Hitler himself truly believed he was doing the right thing, he believed he was the good guy, but he was very much not. What the tyrant doesn't know is that he is not smart enough to tell others what they should be doing, no one is. Only the individual has the intimate knowledge of their life to know what they should be doing. If a person feels he can offer help to better the life of someone else than I would suggest that he offer his advice and allow the person to decide for themselves if they wish to take the advice or not for only they know if the advice is good for them or not.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by Symbiot

Is the spider bad for eating the fly? Is the spider a tyrant?

The spider is deciding for himself what is good for him, no one made him eat the fly. We tell one another what we should eat under threat of punishment, that makes us tyrants. The tyrants want to do good, but they don't know how. If only they knew how then they'd no longer choose to be tyrants.

I am reminded of a dream I had a good while ago. There was a forest that was ablaze and fireworks were blasting in the sky above the forest. I knew that the fireworks were meant to warn people away from the fire, but as I watched I saw that the burning embers from the fireworks were falling to the forest causing the fire.

I associate this with our desire to enforce laws. We desire to protect people from danger, but it is in our attempts to enforce that is causing the danger in the first place. This brings me back to the dream I originally posted here. Our conflict is our own doing.

Now Playing:
Moby - God Moving Over the Face of the Waters
edit on 3-2-2013 by Symbiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
S/F for the deep thought Symbiot.Yes that dream was definitely of an internal conflict.I'm think you may have some dream interpretation in your past?And isn't life by its very nature a conflict?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentX09

I don't believe it to be related to an internal conflict by any means. The conflict took place in an outdoor environment, it was an open temple outside during the night though there was sunlight. Moreover the dream was all about them and they.

It was nighttime in the surrounding nature, but the temple walls were lit by what appeared to be sunlight. The light was not coming from the natural sun, but an unnatural sun. Who's light was this? It wasn't natures. In addition to that the temple walls appeared as though they were rendered via a video game graphics engine, they appeared distinctly unreal compared to the surrounding nature.

I also do not feel that life is a conflict, I feel that we've turned it into a conflict and that is why depression is an epidemic.

Dream interpretation is generally of a personal nature. I've seen people speak of dream interpretation in constants, but I don't believe this is the way a dream can be interpreted. Something in one dream could represent something completely different in another. A dream is very relative to it's own work of art, one must take in the whole to see the contextual relation of the elements in order to determine a meaning from each element.

There are no rules in a dream, it is nothing like our rigid languages. Dreams are fluid and dynamic. Note in this particular dream I didn't even represent myself. Anything could be anything, free your mind.

Interesting side note: The song I'm listening to at the moment "They all dream about me and lie on the phone to me."

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
For the record, in respect to parenting I think a lot of us are doing a fine job when we actually have the opportunity to be a parent. Personally I think school is what's really damaging our young minds, the children are groomed into slavery and the parent is so busy being a slave they have no time left over for parenting.

In respect to telling our kids when they're wrong and when they're right I prefer a less rigid approach. When a child does something that upsets the parent or the parent finds dangerous I think it to be good not to tell the child it's wrong, but to explain to him or her why the parent finds the activity to be a poor choice and allow the child to decide on his own. Again I think if the parents were spending less time working for someone else then they'd have more time to dedicate to their children in such a manner.

Also I think if our children weren't forced away from their parents for so long then they'd have more time to grow close to their parents. With this close and free relationship I think our children would be more willing to respect the parents opinion. That's not to say they won't disagree from time to time, but straight forward rebellion against the parent would be far less of an issue.

In our slave based society we've really shot ourselves in the foot across the board.

P.S. I must say that I've considered putting a dreams section on my website where I talk about my dreams, but usually I like to keep them to myself. They don't often have much of anything nice to say about... Well about this that or the other... Others are routinely depicted as zombies, vampires, hideous creatures, demons, aliens, etc...

I suppose as long as I'm on the subject of dreams I'll mention a dream I posted on my website not long ago regarding a space station that crashed to the ground. Although it could, I don't think this space station literally represents the ISS, but instead a man made world, the man made world. Interestingly enough the space station fell because of me, I hit it with my own space craft. Worlds collide?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join