It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tyrannized Tyrants

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I had a dream where I was speaking with a tyrant, I told this tyrant she was making us sad, I showed her how sad my face was. I told her "You did this." After this I was outside in a temple, it was new, but looked like an ancient temple. I was with someone, but we split when a bull elephant began chasing the other, the elephant turned and with a very sad face said to me, "They've done this to me before." I then found myself laid in front of a bull elephant beginning to charge me, I could not move.

I believe this indicates an unavoidable division and conflict. This conflict is our own fault, our own doing. I feel that the elephant represents the whole while I and the other I was with represent different parts of the whole. The whole is split and in conflict with itself. The fault lies in the hands of the tyrants. They've done this to themselves before, the tyrants. In the dream the elephant has a relation to my representation. I told the tyrant "You did this," the elephant told me "They've done this to me" so the tyrant is they. The elephant had the same sad face that I had when speaking with the tyrant so the elephant is me, but the elephant also charged me so he was doing this to me and is therefore they. The elephant also charged the other, but said they were doing this to him so the elephant is they and doing this to himself. I represent they, the tyrant is they and the elephant is also they. They've done this to themselves.

We are the tyrants, we believe that we should rule over one another as tyrants. We believe that we are right and they are wrong, but we are they. We believe that we should tell them what they should do, what rules they should follow and they believe they should tell us what to do and what rules to follow. We are they and they are the tyrants. Our misguided attempts to live the lives of others is the reason for our great sadness. We've made ourselves into conflict by forcing ourselves upon one another.

The conflict is unavoidable because we refuse ourselves the freedom to not be a part of this tyranny which leads to conflict.
edit on 3-2-2013 by Symbiot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

It all comes from the belief in good and bad, right and wrong.
From day one you are told to be good. It makes one feel bad. One tries to be good but one does not know what 'good' really is.
Where is the freedom?
Where is the love?
edit on 3-2-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

From day one you are told, never allowed.

One does not make a flower grow, one allows a flower to grow. You can give a flower food, but you cannot make the flower eat. The flower will grow into what it is, you cannot make it into what it is or what it is not. The flower is already.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

If one is told to be good it makes one judgemental. It turns one into a measuring machine.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

Conflict comes from opposites.
It comes from drawing lines.
The lines draw are not real.
There is a line draw with each word spoken.

Concepts divide.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
That has got to be one of the most thoughtful and meaningful posts I've seen in quite awhile. Talk about layered meanings..and I sure can't disagree with your take. I'm no dream analyst but it all makes sense.

No long words from me...yours do so much better. Just a heartfelt thanks for sharing and a big S/F for a thread that made me think for a couple minutes. I think I heard some gears squeaking with the effort...got do that more often.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I agree in part about drawing lines, though not every word draws a line in my opinion, but a picture maybe. In respect to opposites I find that those of similar mindset often butt heads too. Two stubborn individuals often find themselves at odds, but they are both stubborn no?

reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thanks friend, glad I could help you exercise a few less used neurons. We all have our strengths and weaknesses, on the whole there is balance.

Puzzle pieces come in a variety of shapes and sizes, put them together and there is a whole picture. Remove any one piece and the picture is incomplete.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by Symbiot

If one is told to be good it makes one judgemental. It turns one into a measuring machine.

Missed that one. I don't think one needs be told to be good, only given the opportunity to choose. One given the information and allowed to decide for themselves what they believe to be good.

You have a point though, today we often find those who are told or made to be "good," but only someone else's idea of good. Today people are not generally allowed to determine for themselves what they believe to be good, but made to follow what they are told is good. This is in itself tyranny, the tyrant assumes he knows what is good and then forces others to conform to his image of good. The good one, in my opinion, shows others what he believes to be good and allows them the freedom to choose for themselves.

And I don't mean to imply that good people show others what good is, a good person doesn't have to show others anything, but if he wants to encourage others to be good then he simply displays it rather than force it.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Symbiot

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by Symbiot

Missed that one. I don't think one needs be told to be good, only given the opportunity to choose. One given the information and allowed to decide for themselves what they believe to be good.

Parents tell children to be good. 'Good girl' and 'good boy' are heard a lot when young and the opposite too.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

And what has that gotten us? We fear that teachers must be armed with weapons in order to protect themselves from our mentally damaged children.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

'Be Good Religion' comes from those who want easy slaves.
The system tells you to be good and then makes you part of the system by making you judge others. Then gangs of slaves will keep other slaves in line.

They are all part of the system.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

And what has that gotten us? We fear that teachers must be armed with weapons in order to protect themselves from our mentally damaged children.

Who has them before the teacher?.
The flower is a flower but some flowers are neglected. The flower believes that it is bad.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Agreed, taught to be good and then taught that good is being a slave, but many of todays religions are not the only mindsets fostering this. Patriotism/nationalism comes to mind. Many in the US believe and were taught from day one to believe their country was good, those in Russia or China were taught the very same.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Perhaps those who have the flowers would have more time to care for them if they weren't spending the lions share of their time as a slave for someone else.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Agreed, taught to be good and then taught that good is being a slave, but many of todays religions are not the only mindsets fostering this. Patriotism/nationalism comes to mind. Many in the US believe and were taught from day one to believe their country was good, those in Russia or China were taught the very same.

If good is taught then it means there is bad.

The good looks to destroy the bad.

There is no bad or good. These 'ideas' make conflict and war.

If there is a belief in good and bad, right and wrong, then, there will always be conflict.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I disagree, there is a bad and a good, but what's good for you might be bad for another and what's bad for you might be good for another. I think peanuts are a good example, a tasty source of protein for many, but a deadly allergen to others.

Freedom is good, tyranny is bad. Maybe that's just for me and not others, but I can't really see how I could have freedom while others believe in tyranny.

Precisely why tyranny is bad is because the tyrants don't realize that what's good for them is often bad for others. The tyrants take what's good for them and force others to take it too. The tyrants who like peanuts make everyone eat peanuts and can't seem to figure out why so many people are dying.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

I disagree, there is a bad and a good, but what's good for you might be bad for another and what's bad for you might be good for another. I think peanuts are a good example, a tasty source of protein for many, but a deadly allergen to others.

Freedom is good, tyranny is bad. Maybe that's just for me and not others, but I can't really see how I could have freedom while others believe in tyranny.

There is not a definite good or a definite bad. Yet we are told to be good.
Do you see how this could confuse a child? And make internal conflict.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Exactly. Good and bad are relative to the individual. Where it is bad for many of us to eat feces it is good for the dung beetle to eat feces, in fact that's his purpose in life. Personally I have no desire to eat dung, but the dung beetle just can't get enough of the stuff.

Reposting the edit from my last post:
Precisely why tyranny is bad is because the tyrants don't realize that what's good for them is often bad for others. The tyrants take what's good for them and force others to take it too. The tyrants who like peanuts make everyone eat peanuts and can't seem to figure out why so many people are dying.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Exactly. Good and bad are relative to the individual. Where it is bad for many of us to eat feces it is good for the dung beetle to eat feces, in fact that's his purpose in life.

Reposting the edit from my last post:

You label them 'tyrants' but they just do what they do. 'Tyrants' is another name or label for 'bad' or 'not good'.

What is is. But the idea that they are bad and you are good is strong.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Symbiot

Is the spider bad for eating the fly? Is the spider a tyrant?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join