It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live Tests, Flaxseed (Omega), Vit-C, Coconut Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar, Kombucha Tea(Updated)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

I had bronchitis like symptoms and thought I was on the verge of pneumonia ! But it all went away when I stopped the liposmal vitamin c..it was kinda weird, .....

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by hdchop

I agree. Spinach and Broccoli are so good for you. They both are very good when steamed or grilled with even a little organic butter and sea salt. Biggest myth = Butter is bad for you. Well, Organic butter is actually god for you. Many oils as well, but not veggie oils.

What I really have enjoyed throughout the years is swiss chards and Beets. Various peppers as well that have many anti-oxidents, but that depends on certain individual's and their taste. Peppers do without a doubt clean your digestive track though and they also prevent colon and stomach cancers. This is a known fact in the ancient world.

Check out the cancer rates in countries like India, Various South American Nations ect and you will recognize an ancient truth. Just remove the seeds and most of these peppers can be cooked down and will help folks out with maintaining one's digestive track and over-all health. Great thread. ~$heopleNation

edit on 4-2-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Meldionne1
reply to post by Julie Washington

I had bronchitis like symptoms and thought I was on the verge of pneumonia ! But it all went away when I stopped the liposmal vitamin c..it was kinda weird, .....

When exactly did you start using the liposmal vitamin C? You might want to make the timeline clear so that you don't make the mistake of misleading others. Just saying. ~$heopleNation

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Meldionne1

hi all, first post.
i had to jump in here and say, i too get 'sick' from taking too much vitamin c. i have spoken to my doctor about this and got pretty much the same sort of disbelief from him as you're getting here.
if i take more than 500 mgs vitamin c within 24 hours, (have tried various brands and forms), my throat gets very sore, i develop a dry cough and feel generally crappy all over. my mood will plummet (likely due to not feeling well) and i'll have trouble sleeping. (edit: also get a runny nose and sneeze constantly)
i believe it's genetic somehow, as my mom has the same reaction. we both have fibromyalgia and i've got ehlers-danlos syndrome on top of that.. both apparently passed down genetically. it's definitely a mystery why or how some people have bad reactions to good ol' vitamin c but i can tell you, it's real! i have gone months without vitamin c, and thought to myself, 'well, maybe it wasn't the vitamins after all', end up popping some emergen-c, and an hour later i'm face-palming for forgetting how obviously bad vitamin c makes me feel.
doubters gonna doubt :-P
edit on 4-2-2013 by LichThrall because: forgot a couple of symptoms

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LichThrall

Well that makes me feel better...not that you have issues with vitamin c, im sorry you do....but...that I am not alone...I didn't know what to think?!

As for my time line...I ordered liposmal vitamin c on line, and it showed up on Friday jan 18th. I started taking a teaspoon in the morning on Saturday the 19th. ....by the following Friday the 25 th, I was hacking and coughing hard! So I doubled the dose, one teaspoon in the morning and one teaspoon at night to kick the cold out of me. By that Sunday the 27 th, I was so sick, I didn't go to work on Monday ..and I stopped taking it on monday the 28 th..I was fine the next day on tuesday and am still fine...so...some kind of a weird reaction?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Meldionne1

not trying to hijack this thread but i also wanted to add that i have allergic reactions to garlic as well to the point that my own sweat gave me a rash!
i am in no way saying vitamin c and garlic aren't good for darn near everyone. i believe it's one of nature's miracles and i sincerely wish i could take it and feel good like so many others. i have always had a strangely sensitive system.
i do take a shot of ACV most mornings and i notice an improvement in my energy level, and it makes my tummy happy! i am now curious about trying kombucha for myself. my mood and energy could always use a boost.
has anyone ever tried rhodiola? it has been a miracle for me as it eases depression, increases my productivity and best of all, reduces my pain level as i tend to be a 90 yr old in a 27 yr old's body.
i hope i'm not getting too off topic. i am on board in the belief that nature provides everything we need in its purest form.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
we drink it in Russia translate.google.ru... stunned Roman moistened lips of Christ marine rice!i sea rice and tea mushroom every day drink.be healthy
edit on 5/2/13 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I like this thread, it is very informative. I have started to try and eat healthier and eat less seafood and meats. Seafood especially because most of it is collected with unsustainable fishing tactics that destroy vast ocean life and coral reefs especially. I will still eat line-caught salmon and other ocean fish, which are high in omega-3's, very good for you!

Freshwater fish are also high in omega 3s and some species have fast reproduction rates and often crowd freshwater lakes, rivers, streams, etc.. Bluegill and perch are probably the best example of these types of fish. Populations tend to crowd and get diseased which leads to die-offs, and they also get smaller. Then people throw back the smaller bluegills, and the population tends to have smaller fish overall over time and lots of little ones.

When you catch bluegill, keep the small ones, gut em, fin em, then drop them in a pot of boiling water until the meat falls off of them. Bones are easily removed. Then you can reform the meat, great substitute for various frozen seafood breaded fish fillets, etc..

Also you can eat white sucker fish which many people throw back as inedible. You pressure cook the meat and the bones disintegrate and then you can add a small bit of ketchup and can it like salmon, and guess what, when you make salmon patties it is IMPOSSIBLE to tell the difference because if you add the ketchup they are the same color as salmon patties. Another very easy to nab and healthy food source full of omega 3s!

One thing that people overlook... DANDELIONS!!!! Dandelions are a miracle green! They are loaded with Vitamin A and a whole crap ton of it let me tell ya... and they also have many other vitamins and minerals. Pick the dandelion leaves before they set flower, and they will not be bitter. You can fry the flower heads into fritters, and you can also consume the root in teas and such. Its medicinal, healthy, and a widely and commonly occurring food source in survival situations! Don't forget that...

Ditto to what was said previously about organic coconut oil, the stuff is amazing and has many many uses. You can use it in place of butter in recipes and then add in your favorite medicinal herbs, it is very high healthy fat content.

And also hemp seeds are very healthy for you!

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
Let me start by explaining why i put this in the conspiracy forum. Basically because everyone is saying that this stuff works for this and that and i wanted to give people some live trial results and maybe someone could add some ideas that we can try live and have actual proof from the person trying it. Thanks.

Ok so i have been doing live trials on myself with various things to test their potency. First let me tell you about myself for perspective. I am a professional mixed martial artist and professional boxer, and i have a winning record. I have been a competitive combat sports athlete for 10 years having my first amateur competition in 2003. Now i am training for a competition coming up in a few months so i am in good physical condition and i tend to be more aware of the results then someone who is not as athletically challenged as myself. Not bragging just giving some background information for perspective(and of course always bragging a little). Now here is a breakdown of what i have found works for me and a little information on what i have been taking and how.

Lets start with Kombucha because that is my favorite and i get the best results from the tea. Here is a link to the company whos Kombucha i buy weekly.

Synergy..

I drink 3 full bottles a week, i split them up by half. Sometimes i drink 4-5 bottles depending on how i feel and sometimes i drink 1-2, but i drink it consistently every week. One of the major benefits i have noticed from it is my MOOD. Yes my mood, for some reason when i drink kombucha i tend to have happier more focused thoughts. I read a study awhile back on ATS about how the bacteria in your stomach reflects in your general altitude. I think this may have something to do with it. I notice this affect the strongest when i STOP drinking it for a period of time, which i immediately respond by getting a bottle from my local store.

-------

Now lets go to the apple cider vinegar which i drink more sparingly.

Bragg's...

Typically i drink locally made apple cider vinegar that tends to be on the more pulpy side, but during the winter i drink bragg. I tend to drink this more sparingly and in smaller doses. I also use this as an energy booster in the morning if im feeling a little sluggish. I find that when i drink the vinegar i pee a lot. This is one of the reasons i use it more sparingly, this is because i need to be super hydrated for training at night. I find that the apple cider vinegar is a great detox and i use it to help me cut weight. IT DEFINITELY KEEPS ME CLEAN. I don't know what it is but it cleans out my intestines and helps my metabolism kick into gear. This i can FEEL. I also use the vinegar when im sick or hungover(not often).

----------

Next lets cover the flaxseed oil.

Barlean's...

So i take the flaxseed oil/grains as often as i think of it because i feel the affects almost within the hour. This has increased my energy levels overall, my levels of focus, it has helped my joint pain, brain function and i can't even think of what else. I highly recommend any omega supplements such as flaxseed to anyone for any reason. This supplement has truly helped and i LOVE it! Oh i take it by the recommended dose on the bottle but who cares take as much as you want its great.

----------

Next lets go over the emergen-c packets.

Emergen-c...

I take these everyday sometimes twice a day depending on when and how much i sweat. I don't know about these. The affects of these may be more subtle then i think and i realize i need the trace minerals to support all of my functions and absorption of everything else.

So far i am on the fence with this. Further trials with other products are needed.

----------

Coconut oil. Well who knows about this one.

I made a thread about coconut oil and treating my grandmothers Alzheimer's here.

So i personally don't care much for the oil i use it to cook now sometimes and haven't really gotten noticeable results from it. Still it taste good and i enjoy cooking with it.

----------

So these are my results, if you have any suggestions please reply. If you could recommend me a better vitamin-c solution i would appreciate it.
edit on 3-2-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-2-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

Narcissistic much? All great supplements but you lost me completely at "I'm not bragging but...."

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Meldionne1

Well that makes me feel better...not that you have issues with vitamin c, im sorry you do....but...that I am not alone...I didn't know what to think?!

As for my time line...I ordered liposmal vitamin c on line, and it showed up on Friday jan 18th. I started taking a teaspoon in the morning on Saturday the 19th. ....by the following Friday the 25 th, I was hacking and coughing hard! So I doubled the dose, one teaspoon in the morning and one teaspoon at night to kick the cold out of me. By that Sunday the 27 th, I was so sick, I didn't go to work on Monday ..and I stopped taking it on monday the 28 th..I was fine the next day on tuesday and am still fine...so...some kind of a weird reaction?

This is probably what you are experiencing....

The Healing Crisis
AKA: The Cleansing Reaction, The Detox Reaction, and The Herxheimer Reaction

Please see: www.falconblanco.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Greetings pal, my question is, how, assuming you take these on a daily basis, you can differentiate between supplement effects?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by davjan4

What's the difference between the vit- c you are prescribing and the emergency packets?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Sattro

Good question. I have rotate them in and out for periods of weeks, combined them. The kombucha and apple vinegar affects are obvious and take affect the day you start.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

i am aware of a healing crisis however i never put two and two together and considered it when it comes to vitamin c. now the question is, do i consider it as such and take vit c habitually despite my body telling me NO? how do i differentiate between a truly bad reaction and a healing crisis?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   

It sounds like you have an allergy to ascorbic acid.

Allergic Reaction

The Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America defines an allergy as an overreaction of the immune system to a foreign substance. Even though your immune system may recognize naturally occurring vitamin C in foods, taking a synthetic supplement may not be recognized. If your immune system accidentally identifies the synthetic supplement as a threat to the body, the immune system will produce various chemicals to defend the body. This can cause various symptoms that can affect your breathing, cardiovascular system and skin.

Read more: www.livestrong.com...

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This is such an awesome and informative thread. Thank you!!! Commenting, also, so I can find it again.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I'll give you my experiance w/ VIT-C. I read about 3 different threads on ATS in regards to: "what there not telling you" about this stuff. I do not make my own UI Ascorbic Acid. I do not take lab brand vitamins. I want the real deal. Or atleast that's what I was looking for. (Note: A Vitamin C that is Highly Absorbable I found 2 brands)

So I started coming down with the sickness, as I work in an office bugs seem to travel fast. I'm not one to get the full blown sickness either, but if I go down and say i'm done.... Not likely getting back up for a bit lol~

I started with Vitamin Code 300mg tablets. 2 in the morning 2 in the afternoon.... I was afraid of the preverbial Vit-C that runs through you, big difference than drinking a gallon of OJ~ within the first 3 days I was feeling a lot better. My runny nose disapated along w/ the coughing fits.

The funny thing is that I ran out, this week... And the day that I ran out my nose starting running like a siv~ So immediatly on lunch I ran to GNC (Didn't use my better judgement, as I try to stay away from them) and I picked up Ester-C 1000mg tablets. I immediately downed 2 and my runny nose ceased.

I've noticed that if anything the Highly Absorbably Vit-C (Ascorbic Acid) works as a stool softner and does not run through you like OJ or any other variant of VIT-C.

So I am my own guinee pig and I have noticed a great difference in my health and immune system since I started this experiment. I will continue my VIT-C experiment as well.

Thank you~ and Good Day~

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

Food as medicine. I was very happy to see on the food channel and show called the food hospital. It shows different patients with different problems. They blood test them and then determine which foods will help them. I think its a great show and supports the idea that we are what we eat.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by gartenspinnen

Wow I didn't know that. I'm going to pick some as soon as sprig and make some tea out of it. That's awsome.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by AuntieChrist

I think I might try it on a ringworm I have from the Matt's on my hand. Ill let you know how that goes. I also pee on tem when I shower I don't know if you have tried that.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join