It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ROFL - literal meaning and has it happened to you

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
reply to post by g146541

OW! You are a sick, sick, puppy. LOL.

I KNOW RIGHT!!

This one got me so bad I almost went out in a coughing fit, the world got woozy.
I was like ooh ooh ooh

This kind of laughter is the best!
Great topic btw!

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

I'm not at all upset by it, it's just an interesting phenomena, psychologicaly, socially, and maybe even medically, and I searched and found no thread on this. I do take things literally sometimes, which is why I actually think you are a ghost and am scared every time I see your posts. It must take lots and lots of ectoplasm to post, so I do give you credit for that. Am quite frightened replying to you though. (GOL - gulping out loud)
edit on 3-2-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I have rofl'ed once or twice,usually when intoxicated.
But have you ever:

Or worse have you ever ROFLMAOPIMP'ed?

That is rolling on the floor laughing my ass off,peeing in my pants,BTW.

I ain't taken it to that level myself,I am happy to say.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

that made me lol, literally.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
My ROFL experience.

My brother and I were telling spooky stories. I told him the Legend of Bloody Mary. He, full of male bravado, instantly decided he would try it out for himself.

He locked himself inside the bathroom, lights out, and began to chant, "Bloody Mary." I was outside the door, listening. I couldn't help but notice how each subsequent chant was slightly more hesitant than the one before.

Anyway, right as he was chanting his final "Bloody Mary," I banged on the door as hard as I could and yelled like a banshee.

My brother broke the lock on the door, he came out of there so fast, screaming.

I was on the floor laughing so hard. I literally did not have the strength to stand up. All I could do was hold my sides and try to breathe.

It was completely aswesome.

edit on 3-2-2013 by smyleegrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I will tell my rotfpimp moment.

My husband had wanted a smoker forever. We got one of the ones that is like a big can shape. Had a grill on top, several racks stacked in layers, and a door on the bottom. Inside the door was the bottom rack above with a bowl where the smoking chips and water went, and the area where you lit the fire.

We had an 8 foot long screened in patio off our apartment, only about 5 feet wide. I was sitting in a chair by the sliding glass door. We had been struggling for HOURS trying to keep this thing smoking, the fire seemingly kept going out by design. The can shape design, well, just wasn't allowing enough air flow.

Anyway, he was on his hands and knees, in front of the open bottom door. He squirted charcoal lighter fluid in. I gently stated over and over that I thought this was a bad idea.

He chastised me, being the alpha male, that he knew what he was doing. I watched as the fire smouldered, not getting hotter, but in fact going out. It was getting dark, night was setting in, we were all hungry, and it was looking like A Big Smoker Fail.

He added more fluid. And more. And more. And each time, I protested, I got dirty looks, so eventually, I gritted my teeth and sat quietly. He got up and went inside, coming back twisting something. I asked what he was doing, and he had a paper towel he was going to light the end of, and reach into the open door to re-light the now out - lighter fluid saturated wood chips...

I steeled myself in my chair, holding my breath, and against my protests he got back on his hands and knees again - and reached into the small door with the flaming paper towel.

WOOSH!! It was over, literally in a flash. He sat back on his heels, staring up at me. The paper towel was nothing but black ash in his fingers. I gasped, "Are you okay?!"

He looked at his now hairless arms and hands and gently touched his face, "Yeah, I think so.." he said, looking back up at me.

It was then I noticed. He had no eyebrows. His hairline had also receeded about a half an inch, and there was a wisp of smoke gently rising from the top of his head.

That sealed it for me, being assured that he was alright, I lost it. It was his Wiley E. Coyote moment in the desert, and I was Bugs Bunny. The world and everything in it ceased to exist as I watched that plume of smoke swirl up from the top of his head.

I leapt from the chair and ran inside, laughter bursting forth between the fingers I had slapped over my own mouth in an attempt to stifle and hide the laugh. It was uncontrollable, and I was ashamed. I laughed, and he was mad, and still, 20 years later, he is still mad, and I am still laughing.

All his hair grew back, he was ok. And I am still laughing!

edit on 3-2-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Liberty Girlfriend....I've got tears rolling down my face....freaking hilarious story.....

Ohhhh...my sides are beginning to hurt....ohhhh you really did it this time.....

Des

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by Libertygal

Liberty Girlfriend....I've got tears rolling down my face....freaking hilarious story.....

Ohhhh...my sides are beginning to hurt....ohhhh you really did it this time.....

Des

Lol! I was laughing as I wrote about it, still am! He is sitting here. I showed him the grape stomper video, we live not too far from there. I was already laughing from the youtube comments on that and decided to post.

So, I am typing away, laughing, and he asks, "What?"

So I tell him I am posting the smoker story. Lol! He says, "WHAT?!" Which makes me laugh even more. I let him read it. He tried to not laugh, but he couldn't even help it!

Lol. He likes to feign being hurt about it, but he's great about laughing about it too. He is usually the one the one that encourages me to tell people the story. One of the things that endears me to him all the more!

edit on 3-2-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I feel bad for the threadstarter for only having 1 rofl experience. I've had dozens I just can remember right now but I haven't had any in a while. The OP is really making appreciate the little things right now.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay Electronica
I feel bad for the threadstarter for only having 1 rofl experience. I've had dozens I just can remember right now but I haven't had any in a while. The OP is really making appreciate the little things right now.

Pics or it didn't happen. I mean, stories or it didn't happen.

Ahem, a scholorly scientific survey, where do you like to sit in a movie theater? Front rows by any chance?

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I just lol at something on a thread and thought of this thread from last year, so I'll give it a bump. bump out loud.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   
The first times(and many, many viewings later) of:

This is Spinal Tap
Airplane
Monty Python And The Holy Grail
Life Of Brian
A Fish Called Wanda
A Mighty Wind

Lick my love pump. Stop calling me Shirley. 'Tis but a flesh wound. Now, F@*& OFF! Monkeys don't read philosophy - yes they do, they just don't understand it. There's a mighty wind a blowin', it's blowin' you and me.

Seeing Airplane as a eleven or so year old was actually painful. Nothing had ever had that much silliness, even the Pythons. Saw it with Cheech and Chong's Up In Smoke. Now THAT"S a double feature.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join