It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama shooting skeet on his B-Day, or was he?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
So which one is it? Golf or skeet shooting that day?
Seems like the W.H. can't get any story right anymore....

(Reuters) - President Barack Obama celebrated his 51st birthday on Saturday with a round of golf, then helicoptered to the Camp David presidential retreat for a quiet evening off the campaign trail.

Obama, an avid golfer, played with colleagues and friends at the Andrews Air Force Base in hot, muggy weather conditions before taking Marine One to Maryland's Catoctin Mountains in the afternoon.

The White House did not release details of the president's evening plans or share the menu for the birthday meal he was expected to share with wife, Michelle.

Their daughters were at summer camp this week and it was not clear whether they would be present at the rustic getaway that the Obamas have visited less than past White House residents. The president often opts to golf at Andrews or play basketball in downtown Washington to unwind on the weekends.

Obama is set to visit Connecticut and Colorado for campaign events next week, and will host a re-election fundraiser with a birthday theme at his family home in Chicago next weekend.

Vice President Joe Biden said in a campaign email last month that supporters donating $5 or more would be entered into a raffle for a chance to attend that event at the Obama residence.

"Take it from me. You'll have fun at this one," Biden wrote

www.reuters.com...
You would think that since he was skeet shooting also that day,

they would have included it the article because that's what they do.
They always let the citizens know what the chief is up too..

I don't believe this skeet shooting happened on the same day, but why LIE about it

edit on 3-2-2013 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
It doesn't take all day to do either things.
He could have done both in the same day.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Why are they releasing a photo of him shooting now? Shouldn't it of been released in Aug?

Seems like they are trying to start some stuffs...

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
The actual story you post states he went to Camp David later on the same day.

Camp David where he was shooting.

So if they release a picture of him on the toilet on the same day will you doubt that too?

This thread does not shine a lot of light on your intelligence.

The delay in releasing the shooting photograph is simply due to the fact that release of this image would have caused major debate inside the Whitehouse. Its sending many different messages to many different people.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

Because skeet shooting represents a Quiet evening off the campaign trail...right?

I'm pretty sure it didn't happen on this same day, the question still is..

Why LIE about it though????

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   

I do think he probably could have done both he could have shot skeet for like 5 min, but I don't think anyone does it for hours and hours. Does Camp David have a golf course? I thought I read that it didn't not that that would change anything.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

It does for some people. I used to relax by going to the pistol range and burning a box or two of ammo. It took my mind off other problems for awhile, and I felt a lot better afterwards.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
reply to post by lacrimaererum

Because skeet shooting represents a Quiet evening off the campaign trail...right?

I'm pretty sure it didn't happen on this same day, the question still is..

Why LIE about it though????

why the hell are you pretty sure it didn't happen on the same day? he was at the location that the shooting was supposed to have occurred? It was August? Long summer days. Bit of skeet shooting before sundown,

what exactly leads you to be pretty sure this didn't happen? seriously what evidence are you working on here?

edit on 3-2-2013 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

They didn't release the picture in the first place because they didn't want a picture of the Prez shooting a gun because it doesn't mesh with his image. They are now because he is trying to relate to gun owners to allay their fears because he IS coming after them (at least to some degree) also he didn't want to be a liar (though he likely is because he said he shot skeet all the time which is probably an exaggeration). Unfortunately for him it was a miss step because it set a precedence for answering every ignorant demand of the pundits and it probably hurt his image with his base more than it helped it with gun owners.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Because of a statement made that he enjoys skeet shooting and was called out on it for proof, since no one had seen him nor heard of him doing it before.

There is supposedly a statement from the White House that the photo released is not to be photoshopped or otherwise manipulated. However, parody and satire of public figures are well established as protected free speech. en.wikipedia.org...

From a PR standpoint, that statement with the photo has just backfired on the administration since one of the largest claims of 2nd Amendment defenders is that the 2nd defends your right to the 1st.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

All that said, posting photoshopped renditions of that photo isn't going to fly on ATS due to the T&C.
edit on 3-2-2013 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I actually did a little more research and these came up, please read them..

The Washington post one won't link..

patdollard.com...
edit on 3-2-2013 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Yes after a hard day of kill lists,drone attacks,attacking the second amendment, and the rest of the constitution the Potus relaxes by "skeet shooting".

What a sociopath.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Yes after a hard day of kill lists,drone attacks,attacking the second amendment, and the rest of the constitution the Potus relaxes by "skeet shooting".

What a sociopath.

I starred you for that...

great reply!

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Thanks Ahabstar..

I promise there will be no Photoshopping in this thread....

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
but why LIE about it

Why claim they lied about it? Any proof that someone lied? Your hatred seems to want to make anything posted about Obama a lie!

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

Yea, i don't think so bro..

I have no hatred..just looking for answers.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   

The skeet shooting picture was taken after 7pm according to the exif data.

It fits with the description and timeline presented.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Every whitehouse produced photo has the same disclaimer on it.

Why now is it an issue?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

The skeet shooting picture was taken after 7pm according to the exif data.

It fits with the description and timeline presented.

so you believe it was the same day as claimed??

just asking Chad..

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I have no reason to not believe they happened on the same day.

It's not a stretch to do both in a day.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join