ATS - what happened to you?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
So, let an old cliche' stand. Or, two. Or three...

Don't click on it if you don't want to read it. If you clicked on something and were misguided, use the back back button.

Be the change you wish to see. Set an example, be the shining star.

Use the search feature. Or, go to the forums you like the contents of and look there for things you find suit you more. Sometimes the front page, new topics, and firehose are not the greatest.

Make the most of your time here. Sure, we all have some aggravations about things like idiotic posts we love to hate, but they, by no means, set any standard. Fads and topics come and go. This too shall pass. In the meantime, how will you choose to make your path?

Ultimately, it always comes down to personal responsibility and not controlling others. If it is just so unbearable you feel your personal reputation is in jeopardy, vote with your feet and don't visit the site.

Otherwise, we revert back to :Be the change you want to see and : Personal responsibility.
edit on 3-2-2013 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
What has happened indeed?

I had membership from 2007 but decided to cancel, through concerns of alphabet agency involvement.
It is a conspiracy site after-all, so don´t take it personally

By returning as occasional lurker and following particular threads, it became clear to me that there are an enormous amount of negative element (a.k.a. dark-side) contributors who have less than zero interest in any form of truth and honesty. Names could be named, but it´s not necessary.

Think about it;
Which self-respecting Nazi organization, such as our beloved NSA/C.I.A./ABC/EFG and Mossad, would allow a treasure trove of potential heretical opinion to flourish and thrive without opposition?
It stands to reason that open debates on sites such as ATS, where God-forbid, people could actually become enlightened and wake TF up!.. will be seen as legitimate targets by desperate agencies, in what they fearfully see as desperate times, namely, how on earth to stop the people realizing that only a few Luciferian families are controlling and sacrificing the rest of us as cattle. And how to protect the slave masters from being strung up and even beheaded at public lynchings.

It is a shame, but until the Ashke-Nazi Zionist states of the E.U., USA and Israel close down their disinformation centres and shill programs, then the rest of us will unfortunately have to either suffer or ignore their immature and desperate actions and opinions.

At the end of the day, we must all account for our actions at the end of our visit to this beautiful planet.

The Universe demands BALANCE and HARMONY.

Only very stupid apes think they can maintain an imbalanced system for anything other than brief moments in time. Have you seen how many Empires have collapsed through imbalance and disharmony?
So, to finish off, if you pass your entire adult life supporting the repression of people and the suppression of the truth, whilst serving the false-God of money, then no matter how much you apologize, you have lost the game.

I pray for your soul.

(before anyone mentions Nazi´s kill Jews, etc. I distrust Nazi Zionists, not Jews - big difference). Go and check your history.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Please don't be fearful, it only doubles, trebles & then multiplies to whole different levels leading down paths that just are not right. The elderly person may have just lost a loved one and was feeling like he wanted to die, he could have been mugged...there could be a whole lot of logical reasons as to why that reaction was given.

Even though each day is an uphill struggle I'll still nod my head to people who I know have had it hard, say a kind word, offer help where I can. I may be trying to make up for some wrongs in my life that I regret but I will always greet everybody with a smile & if they frown I'll ask them to 'hey come on turn that frown upside down' OK so a lot of our efforts go unappreciated but us few can & do make a difference...I sent a simple text via a mobile phone to an old friend the other day, he phoned me in tears as he was about to end his life by overdose!! His illness (non physical) had started to beat him again...cars backfiring, teens making threatening remarks & the choppers all got too much for him. One text, then a call, a meet and he is back on his medication doing well again and we stay in touch now.

Kindness, love & peace can be like the ripples created by throwing a boulder into a still lake...keep on smiling, there is an atmosphere of hate of late but it is not too late. As long as there are people like yourself's the world is still a bright place, even if we're living in dark times keep on shining our lights. It's corny, it's Christian but these words spring to my mind 'this little light of mine, I'm going to let it shine, this little light of mine I'm going to let it shine...let it shine, let it shine, let it shine'

Peace, good luck and blessings to all.

As others have said find the forums where we're happy and join in there or just read, whatever's your bag.

All the best.

Another Geeza.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Dude, I couldn’t agree with you more.

I hate what this is turning in to, it’s like the collective intellect of ATS has dropped a few IQ points.

I keep seeing threads that are full of Americans (sorry but it is mostly Americans) ranting about something and attacking anyone who disagrees with them.

Another thing that is really doing my head in is these people whose retort to a well thought out post is “disinfo-agent” with a hundred stars for saying so. I hate this “gang up on anyone who disagrees with us” mentality that has taken over ATS.

ATS has a lot of problems just now, in my experience mostly this comes form the members that have joined in the last 12 months (bu some long term members aswell). Its probably a effect fo 2012 I would imagine that’s got a lot of people more interested in conspiracies but most of these people are probably not quite “ATS material”.

The mods really need to sort this out or the good members are going to start leaving.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Dude, I couldn’t agree with you more.

I hate what this is turning in to, it’s like the collective intellect of ATS has dropped a few IQ points.

I keep seeing threads that are full of Americans (sorry but it is mostly Americans) ranting about something and attacking anyone who disagrees with them.

Another thing that is really doing my head in is these people whose retort to a well thought out post is “disinfo-agent” with a hundred stars for saying so. I hate this “gang up on anyone who disagrees with us” mentality that has taken over ATS.

ATS has a lot of problems just now, in my experience mostly this comes form the members that have joined in the last 12 months (bu some long term members aswell). Its probably a effect fo 2012 I would imagine that’s got a lot of people more interested in conspiracies but most of these people are probably not quite “ATS material”.

The mods really need to sort this out or the good members are going to start leaving.

I agree otherside, but I believe that just as topics and trends ebb and flow (Nibiru anyone!) ATS also goes through phases and it will self correct itself in time.
As other threads have discussed there has crept into ATS lately a 'twitteresque' style and knee jerk reactive style of posting with minimal input and 'a shout you down if you don't agree with me' method of discussion especially from newer members although I imagine that older members have been despairing of newbies since day two of atS.

I personally have learned more about America and its citizens since the gun rights topic came to dominate the forums than ever before so it has been useful to me.

ATS is a fluid living thing that dances to the music of the times, and the singers may interpret the lyrics differently as times change, Zeppelin got it right when they pointed out that.....
'The Song Remains The Same'

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
So is this the bash Americans who are against gun control thread? Here on a conspiracy forum, where many are afraid of the NWO and Police States, you have people saying you shouldn't speak about gun control and the dangers it poses? So one conspiracy is okay, but others are not? You should simply talk about what YOU want to talk about huh? So UFO's and the JFK cover-up are approved topics, but real world in your face stuff is out right? So those who are afraid of an all powerful government who has systematically taken away our rights are just delusional idiots?

How about you a start thread about a topic you are interested in instead of blaming the user base? Maybe if ATS didn't go mainstream you wouldn't have so many ignorant people coming around, which btw, is prevalent in every forum around the web, as well as this popular gun control debate you people are so sick of.

Perhaps you would simply like to complain about the community, as many others have, without seeking to make any positive changes aside from complaining? I won't deny that there are many racists on these forums, but that's not only an American trait. Don't lump us all in with a bunch of sour apples. Many of us DO care about the Wall Street scam, the Patriot Act, unlawful wars (which I was forced to fight in), and yes, gun control from a country that can now detain you without trial. Just because some people were FINALLY woken up by the gun control debate, doesn't mean they are any less important. Yes some of them are ignorant, xenophobic, racists. Just Americans are like that of course right?

Society has went to #. The world is falling apart. We are being deceived on a daily basis. Yet people want to cling to their stereotypes, their racism, the finger pointing, the name calling, the same tired garbage that has been repeated for centuries. People who claim to be enlightened are even more prone to this nonsense. The nerve of some people. THE EGO! YOU are responsible for making positive change in this world. Don't wait for others to do it for you. Don't wait for God or divine influence. You are responsible.

Quit blaming everyone and look at yourself. Don't flag sub-par topics that have been repeated a hundred times over. Do your best to ignore trolls without feeding them with more hateful vitriol. Don't let simple minded trolls destroy the forum you love so much if you actually care. Ignore them. Do your best to be civil with them if you want. Restore this place to the former glory it once was. Don't wait for others to do it for you. The new members that are causing lots of problems, will most likely leave over time once they lose interest. If not, maybe the mods should crack down on these visitors with bans if they offend enough people?

The nature of this site will always attract fruit loops. Paranoia is attached to many mental disorders. Expecting everyone around here to be logical adults is a bit much. Some of these people obviously have mental issues. The writing is on the wall folks. Look at their grammar, look at their personality, look at what they believe for crying out loud. Anyone who disagrees is a shill or a disinfo agent! Classic paranoia 101! They are everywhere! Surely you can see that right? Surely you can tell some of these people are either uneducated or delusional right? That's the nature of forums folks. Some people will always annoy you. Once again, ATS going mainstream is much of it.
edit on 3-2-2013 by Madmax777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by inj3ct0r

You can add Obama to the list of numerous gun posts. Can we go a day without comments on any of these two subjects?
I still give a slight edge to Obama attacks over gun posts.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Just like another member stated.

Vote with your feet, don't let the door kick you in the tooshky on the way out.

I see these people here, this is their lives.

OMG!!!!

17500 posts in 14 months? huh?can that be right? what?

Thats a whopping 1458 post a month.

Thats almost 50 posts a day. Over two every hour of every day around the clock year in year out.

You have taken it wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy to serious.

If this has become your life, you need help, you need a hobby. You need a life.

Its only my opinion but take it for what it is. : You have 17500 posts in 14 months, your a loser. You need a wake up call.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Paranoid? You bet. The very first to be paranoid of was you Brits. Still paranoid of London. You know, the International Bankers headquartered in your city. All we want here is truth, something you don't seem to possess much of. Take a look around mate and if you can't see that its ALL connected you better get to studying. And its all being run by your boys right there in London.
That you are still asleep is sad. Bet you've never participated in a war. You know, been on the front lines hearing the real bullets whizz by your head, hearing the screams of your buddies and seeing all that blood. Nope, you've never been there. Probably never stood up for anything important in life. Liberals don't do that now do they??? Quick to critisize us who have though. We don't "believe" in slavery or want to even come close to worshiping a King or Queen like you Brits do. You're the slave and we don't want to be. Perhaps that's the way it should be though. You wouldn't know what to do with freedom if you had it.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

I think the jingoism and Freedumb Fries get a recharge every few years in order to keep Americans justifying the government's murder of foreigners. Last time, it was 9/11. This time, all it took was shining a spot light on the 2nd amendment and people went nuts and started pissing themselves.

What's scary is that it didn't even take threats. All that was done and I mean really done, not just claims made by red scare holdouts from the 50's, was that the issue was brought up and we couldn't even speak about it.
What, you mean like the endless stream of anti-gun commentary that we're being spoonfed on the media?

No threats to take guns yet,
Feinstein's bill looks pretty bad... Read between the lines and interpret it in the most intrusive way imaginable, because those who wish to defraud you of your God-given rights certainly will. You can be sure of that.

every day, I see some ignorant post on Facebook comparing this to Hitler's regime.
Hitler's regime was:
1. Aggressive, like Amerika. Amerika currently has troops in dozens of countries that they simply have no business being in.
2. Colonialist, like Amerika. Amerika wants to control the world's oil supply (for the real masters, the Bankers).
3. Brutal, like Amerika. Amerika uses ALL MEANS to achieve dominance over any group of people who have the gall to want to be free.
4. Fascist, like Amerika. Amerika's government is a front for criminal corporate interests, and NOTHING MORE!.

I'd say that's plenty of good reason to call this regime "Hitler-like". Of course, the above also applies to Great Britain, Israel, and most of the U.N. nations, but that's another subject entirely. We're talking about Amerika right now.

Ironically, it was the US and our allies who told the Germans they couldn't have guns loooong before Hitler got on the scene. Do people care when you bring these facts to them? Nope.

We don't care if Wall Street and the insurance industry empty our coffers but you better not lay a finger on anything that directly and immediately affects a "patriot".
Sorry but the scope of your argument is far too narrow. This is an endemic problem that won't go away no matter who is in the White house and the Capitol. Progression of individual consciousness and responsibility are required to prevent a full reboot of the planet's surface. By that I mean a crustal rollover. I don't see the necessary progress happening yet.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I know what you mean...When I first joined ATS, it was "The" place. A candy store for truth seekers. Now it BS. Straight up. I used to have tabs of ATS threads ready to be read, thrilled to dive into the world of "time slips", "ufos", threads in the philosophy section that made you think and helped you grow. Personal stories. A good conspiracy. Rants. Not anymore though...It died down for me too.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I can see how he thinks that most of the threads are about guns. One might get that impression if the front page is all you look at.

Daily, I check the front page just to see what the hot topics are, and lately (post Sandy Hook, and previously - the Batman affair in Colorado) a bulk of the hot topics are on gun control. I even started one that made it to the front page.

This site is so vast that one couldn't hope to read all of the threads started in a single day. I don't even try. I have a few categories that I scan through regularly - but even then, there is far too much to read in the time I have to spend. Likely, the OP is to lazy to do anything but look at the front page.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Now it just seems it's a pro-NRA gun-waving, militant and slightly rightwing hell-hole.

Not everyone who visits this forum is American. Not everyone wants to listen to your insane army babble and flag worshipping crap that has suddenly become the norm on here. We don't want to listen to pre-school pseudo-racist, chest thumping delusions and nasty spiteful attacks on non-American members.

^This, this and this. mr-lizard, I ought to give you a beer!

While the gun control issue in America is the buzz at the moment, it's taking over the home page of ATS. And when people that aren't American put their two cents in by giving their opinions, they get ridiculed and attacked. It's just plain ridiculous. There's no need for that! There's no need for the Obama bashing, 'Guys, I need a gun to live' and 'liberals can go to hell' crap.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but lately, this site has turned borderline totalitarian.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Healthlaws

Paranoid? You bet. The very first to be paranoid of was you Brits. Still paranoid of London. You know, the International Bankers headquartered in your city. All we want here is truth, something you don't seem to possess much of. Take a look around mate and if you can't see that its ALL connected you better get to studying. And its all being run by your boys right there in London.
That you are still asleep is sad. Bet you've never participated in a war. You know, been on the front lines hearing the real bullets whizz by your head, hearing the screams of your buddies and seeing all that blood. Nope, you've never been there. Probably never stood up for anything important in life. Liberals don't do that now do they??? Quick to critisize us who have though. We don't "believe" in slavery or want to even come close to worshiping a King or Queen like you Brits do. You're the slave and we don't want to be. Perhaps that's the way it should be though. You wouldn't know what to do with freedom if you had it.

Here we go ^ - This is one of the very posts that I mention in the OP.

That you are still asleep is sad. Bet you've never participated in a war. You know, been on the front lines hearing the real bullets whizz by your head, hearing the screams of your buddies and seeing all that blood. Nope, you've never been there. Probably never stood up for anything important in life. Liberals don't do that now do they???

No I've never been a tool of senseless slaughter, nor do I intend to. Although that still does not equate to what I'm pushing at. I'm glad this is how you perceive manliness, but for older, wiser people - you sound immature.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

I have to agree that i've been getting a bit bored lately too.....

Not going to say anymore..... just agreeing with your stance!!

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Healthlaws

Do you realise everything you posted there proved the OP's point?

The USA isn't the world. It might be yours, and you might be all wrapped up in it, but some of us come from different parts of the world and frankly, all that jingoist nonsense you just spouted just leaves people cold.

You know. I love my country. I think its the best in the world. Yes it has its faults and I accept those. Do I feel the need to ram it down everyones throats in some fanatical manner in every subject that is discussed on ATS?

No.

Do I feel the need to insult posters simply because they don't live here?

No.

See. we get you are patriotic, we really do. its nice. Good for you. Now tell us something that is actually interesting and not from the comments section of YouTube and we can maybe have a conversation.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
So because people are voicing opinions different to yours, the place is obviously a hell hole. I'm sorry but are you for or against freedom? I may not agree with people all the time, but I would never want them to stop airing their views. Here is a radical idea, why don't you put forward your argument and create debate for your ideas and opinions against those who you don't agree with or would you rather round everyone up who does not hold the same opinion to you and stick them all in to one big state prison so you can have ATS as a wonderful liberal left wing fun loving site, just like the real world?....
edit on 4-2-2013 by SecretFace because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecretFace
.... or would you rather round everyone up who does not hold the same opinion to you and stick them all in to one big state prison so you can have ATS as a wonderful liberal left wing fun loving site, just like the real world?....

I think he - and an awful lot of people - would just like to have a conversation without the complete load of hooey you ended your post with (quoted above) being thrown in.

Its nothing to do with being left leaning, or right leaning, its about not resorting to the base, schoolyard, polarised trolling crap.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
When I first joined this site you had to actually explain why you wanted to be a part of ATS (I was initially denied membership lol). This site was dedicated to only allowing people join who wanted to use hold intelligent conversations on topics concerning conspiracies, ufo's etc....It was truly an amazing company of individuals who were like-minded but could also agree to disagree. Civility seemed to be part of the make up of individualites and less of a mandatory law imposed by authority.

Over the years this site has grown leaps and bounds in terms of mainstream popularity and with that, I believe, comes pros and cons. The Pros being that the ideas and topics of this site have gained awareness in the eyes of the general population, and the Cons being that the ideas and topics of this site have gained awareness in the eyes of the general population...

I have to admit.....I do miss the old days...but with growth comes pains.

Best advice...learn to skim, use the search engine and certainly DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

When all you have is a hammer, everything tends to look like a nail.

You must not pay attention to much. When a major event happens, it get's beat to death here. If it's beat too much , it get's it's own forum. You, having a very staunch stance on anti guns, Britt's are the only correct people, Americans r stoopid, and the like, you are likely to get some resistance to your approach.

Please direct us to the new threads you have started with the topics you like to discuss, and perhaps we can all read them instead.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join