It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos soil sampling UFO? My pictures, and I am one of those who were there.(Kharkov phenomenon)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Hi
Thanks for the mystery!
Russia abounds with some strange things....and this is right up there with them.......
I am thinking of course of the Bowls,the Detlov incident etc.....pretty wild stuff!
The Clay sides you said, showed no sign of erosion?
How far down did you get?
Was the bottom full of carcasses or detritus?
(any chance of seeing the actual bottom and examine for bit marks?
Does the hole go straight down? or curves at all? Feel free to U2U me.....
I hope youll post more soon its intriguing....dont mind the skeptics they are a dime a dozen here.....

Warmest regards ............s

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kamikadze72
Suppose that it is drilled by geologists. Where traces of the technology? There, around trees, slope. There were no trees would be the marks of wheels or gusenechnyh tracks.
Suppose drilled 30 years ago. To make it to the well for 30 years? It would be filled up with clay. I was on the bottom. There are aside otvetleniya. to 0.5 meters high and 1.5 meter in length. Later I'll show you pictures from the bottom.
edit on 3-2-2013 by Kamikadze72 because: (no reason given)

There are trucks with mobile drill rigs specifically made to drive into woods and other off-road locations to drill. There is alos portable drilling equipment that could be temporarily set up and quickly taken down. It doesn't need to have been dug 30 years ago for the signs of the drilling technology to be gone -- the weeds and brush could have grown back in only a few of years.

Plus, I'm not sure why you are saying the clay sides would have eroded more quickly, just because it is clay...

...I would think there would be LESS of a chance of erosion of the clay sides than if the sides were something more crumbly, such as plain dirt. From what I know about clay, I would think that the clay would hold its shape better under erosion.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Ukraine has created favorable conditions for business and foreign investments, the President of Ukraine Viktor Yanukovych said during the launch of the first exploratory borehole "Bilyayevska-400" in Kharkiv region

I am not a Geotech Engineer but a search online suggests that exploratory borehole diameters are around the 32cm mark - certainly no bigger until a commitment to go to 2nd stage drilling is made, which utilises significant plant and equipment to undertake same.

These holes have been there since the 80's (see my link in above post) and your link is dated towards the end of 2012. No evidence of vehicles are found and access to these areas is by foot only. No evidence of residual dirt from the holes are found either which would be around 40-60m3 once the solid ground is excavated.

No company, corporation or government body has come forward claiming it is their work.

Terrestrial explanation or otherwise, it remains a mystery.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Is it not highly possible and likely that a hole in the ground is just a hole in the ground? Or as us learned scholars call it, a cave. Perhaps there's something to this and perhaps there is not. I have in the past few years, in this post conspiracy world that we live in, noticed a dangerous trend toward irrational thinking. The moment a very explainable event occurs there is a chorus of voices swearing that it was a mass hypnotic event, 9/11 was a hologram, Sandy Hook didn't really happen. There's lots of holes in the ground, and this is a very nice one, but it looks very much like a ordinary hole in the ground.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Then explain to me why next to the hole, there is another, but not profound?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Kamikadze72

Suppose that it is drilled by geologists. Where traces of the technology? There, around trees, slope. There were no trees would be the marks of wheels or gusenechnyh tracks.

Thanks for the rundown. The walls are clay lined like you say, so its not a well. The clay lining also makes it safe to repel and check out (sort of). And it can't be a drill test hole for any reason because it is just to damn wide. Test bore holes have a maximum width of 10 to 12 inches people.

Very intriguing. I would be careful of radioactivity (weird tree growth). Have you measured for that yet?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kamikadze72
Then explain to me why next to the hole, there is another, but not profound?

I don't know why. If you are claiming UFOs were involved, then whatever reason you think the UFO had for starting that hole then stopping could be the same reason a person would have for doing the same. Maybe whoever wanted to dig that bore hole started in one place, then found it wasn't a good location, then moved to another place.

Again, I'm not sure of the reason to auger a deep hole in the ground, but that doesn't mean I should start thinking Aliens and UFOs are involved.

A simple "I don't know" is enough. "I don't know" simply means I don't know who dug the hole -- it doesn't mean that we should think UFOs.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
If I remember correctly, I read that there were holes like this all over Russia. Deep, but not bottomless; they were in the middle of the woods. There's no way to get to them with machinery because the trees are too thick, and the sides are supposedly almost perfectly smooth, like in the OP.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Page upon page of results show up when doing a search for unexploded ordnance found during excavations in Germany and elsewhere, so I am wondering if this could not be the result of ,missile testing or old ordnance?

I too am interested to learn if there is any radiation.

Also have you talked with authorities to find out if there was ever something recovered from that site?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Hi again....
Can you give co ordinates for google earth?
Would like to see the countryside around it.....
Again, anything like bit marks in the bootom?
How much rope did you play out to get to bottom? Thanks .........s

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Kamikadze72
Thank you for posting this thread i found it very interesting and the video is very good i enjoyed it..

I have no idea what this hole is but to me it looks drilled i wonder if these holes were drilled while prospecting for mineral deposits..Maybe the soil was taken away from the holes for scientific reasons..

This is just a guess on my part..But i have to add these holes are very strange and id love to know what is at the bottom i hope you have pictures of this and what was found..peace,sugarcookie1 S&F
edit on 3-2-2013 by sugarcookie1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

I'm with you on that, still plenty of questions...

A- I would like to see the size of that drill bit, and the vehicle that brought it there.

B- What company, Shell or otherwise... of the last few decades, would drill a giant dangerous pitfall without sealing it when they are done so that they don't get their butts sued off when somebody's child falls into it?

C- If a farmer was known to have used one as his private land fill back in the 1800's, what drilling technology did they have then?

A millenia of erosion could do it, but where did it 'drip' from, and once the hole is full of water, it simply runneth over.
edit on 3-2-2013 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I did exploratory drilling for years and they could test the depth of that hole. Usually test bore holes which is what I did were 12" at the top and about 6" at total depth around 2500' to 3000'. It all depended on what we were looking for. We had an electric tape to test the water depth and a camera truck that could pinpoint the location to inches, which is what we used to search for trapped minors. ( talking about deep holes like Mels hole) As for this hole, I know we had drill bits at our yard in Salt Lake that were up to twelve feet across and could be mounted on a mobile drill-rig and shipped anywhere to drill for anything just Google drill rigs and look at some of the images

edit on 2/3/2013 by iwontrun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by inj3ct0r
Reminds me of something similar to MEL'S HOLE.

Mel’s Hole is a supposed geographic anomaly discovered by Mel Waters on his land near Ellensburg, Washington. Waters claimed that he lived in or near Manastash Ridge, Washington, about nine miles due west of Ellensburg, though later investigation revealed that no such person was listed as a resident. According to Waters, the hole has paranormal properties, including a possibly infinite depth and the ability to restore dead animals to life.

It is speculated that the hole’s properties might be tied to some cosmological events, including unspecified alignments of the moon.

LINK
edit on 3-2-2013 by inj3ct0r because: (no reason given)

Hey.

Great notion...

Tiny problemo...

The 'photo' of Mel's Hole isn't a picture of Mel's Hole.

I briefly looked at the story of Mel's Hole last time the subject came up there's not much real info available...

Being it's a small distance from my domicile... I was intending to travel to and document the site...

Thought it would make a nice documentary for ATS.

That photo is from a place in Egypt.

edit on 4-2-2013 by golemina because: Missing sentence.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by hammanderr
Is it not highly possible and likely that a hole in the ground is just a hole in the ground? Or as us learned scholars call it, a cave. Perhaps there's something to this and perhaps there is not. I have in the past few years, in this post conspiracy world that we live in, noticed a dangerous trend toward irrational thinking. The moment a very explainable event occurs there is a chorus of voices swearing that it was a mass hypnotic event, 9/11 was a hologram, Sandy Hook didn't really happen. There's lots of holes in the ground, and this is a very nice one, but it looks very much like a ordinary hole in the ground.

Hey.

'Irrational thinking'... interesting observation.

A cave is usually viewed as underground chamber typically with an opening to the surface.

'Irrational thinking' would be something like the currently accepted views on the formations of 'thundereggs', rocks that supposedly have tiny fissures that allow materials to automagically fill their interiors after they are deposited in their seams.

Or the currently accepted views as to the formation of rock spires with the elaborate nonsense of being formed during massive earth upheavals but surrounded by softer materials... then with the passage of milleons & milleons of years also automagically erode the softer surrounding materials to leave these massive spires...

The opening shown in the photo... is clearly what is referred to as a shaft.

And it is anything but (an) ordinary (hole).

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by PLUMBER1
We have holes like that near my house in Rockwood conservation area. Some go down forever it seems, I believe we have one of the deepest in world or North America. They were formed during and after the ice age by water dripping in the same spot for thousands (millions?) years. Some of them are full of water due to the hard granite stone others drain away like yours. It is pretty amazing to see. Scientist have taken samples from the bottom of some of these holes as they collect leaves and animals over thousands of years. One hole was used by a farmer as his land fill back in the 1800s.

Nothing alien about them just a cool natural hole.

For whatever reason previous posters seem to have overlooked this explanation. It makes perfect sense imo. I assume this area near Kharkiv was, along with many other parts of the world, once covered in literally kilometers thick ice, and when it slowly began to thaw, these holes may have formed. This would explain the weird locations of them, the varying depths and diameters and the fact that no soil (tens of m3 of it) cant be found nearby. Sure, the soil may have been moved or dissipated into the landscape had this actually been drilled by humans, however the dripping ice explanation fits perfectly in my book! Thoughts?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Drilling rigs running test holes and not running casing afterwards nor cementing "in".

Its what is called a dry hole.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by mrraptor

For whatever reason previous posters seem to have overlooked this explanation. It makes perfect sense imo. I assume this area near Kharkiv was, along with many other parts of the world, once covered in literally kilometers thick ice, and when it slowly began to thaw, these holes may have formed. This would explain the weird locations of them, the varying depths and diameters and the fact that no soil (tens of m3 of it) cant be found nearby. Sure, the soil may have been moved or dissipated into the landscape had this actually been drilled by humans, however the dripping ice explanation fits perfectly in my book! Thoughts?

100% plausible... Only negative being it's almost perfect roundness...

For instance... volcano openings tend to be viewed by the public as round, but they are always irregular.

Exceptions anyone?

If someone ever reveals the actual location of Mel's Hole, I will secure the definitive answer.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
How deep is the hole..Looks like a test hole for something. the sides look too smooth to be natural check with local drilling companies . i would like to know the depth of the hole?

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
yah id have to say test hole are out , theyre usualy not bigger than six inches to a foot wide, these tunnels are all about the size of a human to enter them, so if they were dug for some other reason it would have to be the later stages of exploration or they would not even risk bringing expensive remote location drilling equipment to the scene and risk breaking something.

could they be old travel tunnels from thousands of years ago when it was more cold there?

could they have been dug to find gold?

could they maybe have been dug as a place to store something valuable bombs ammunition, gold, paintings art, wine ect ect?

could they also be for fracking waste t hide it or something similar? any nuclear facilities in area?

is there any chance that these could have been BLOWN out like a blow hole under pressure or something, that is something i have never thought of when watching these videos, none the less in all the similar videos the sides look perfect, like cut or smoothed with acid or hot steam?

p.s was this on youtube, cause i coulda sworn i just watched this same video on youtube like a day or so ago? or is that your account? weird for me none the less lol.
edit on 5-2-2013 by ~widowmaker~ because: ferrets

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join