It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Not If

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
During a recent night duty in a conversation with one of my green suited friends he gave me his reasoning as to why a China/US conflict would inevitably take place within a ten year time frame. I know him to be a well informed rational individual, and his reasoning although complex was essentially based around military concentrations in the South China Sea, and the shifting international power dynamic.

I posted this in this forum as the discussion was not specifically about a third world war, and because I think it would be interesting to see what the community thought about this subject in isolation rather than against the backdrop of a global conflict.

Personally I would be particularly interested to hear from any Chinese members if there are any, but of course all opinions are welcome.

Apologies to Mods if my forum choice is incorrect.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

People think this war will take place :-

US vs China

Why ?
Just because both countries want to prove that they are superior?

I tell now right now that this war will not take place .

The war that will take place in the future is this :-

US + EU + China(surprisingly)
vs
Egypt+Syria+Russia
(Mind you that this countries like will become extremely powerful and dangerous).

There will also be regional wars and many wars will take place between the EU countries itself.

But in the end it will be something like this:-
US(extremely weak after having fought many wars)+EU(only a few country)+China+India
vs
Religious Extremist countries like Egypt + Russia(it will lose to al-qaeda before hand)+Pakistan+Syria+Algeria+Iran

China will be US' greatest ally .....and only hope.
edit on 3-2-2013 by inj3ct0r because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
I'm not seeing it. No "superpower" can afford a war or even a cold war against another "superpower." For this reason alone, the world should disarm.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by inj3ct0r
reply to post by hotel1

no it wont happen

Thank you for your reply, have you based it on any specific knowledge and/or information you have?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I think your “green suited friend” is talking out of the wrong orifice

America and China will not go to war.

I just want to point out actually I have a friend who is a expert in China he advises government and business on China, mostly commercial type of advice but also regarding policy he talks about this kind of stuff all the time. He has assured me in the past that the idea of an all-out American-China war is laughable.

edit on 3-2-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
China will not be on our side in the coming war, if they play a role at all. I'd be surprised if any nation that wasn't militarily occupied by the US supported us. But China, in specific, seems like they've got enough on their plate in their own country.

Peace.
edit on 3-2-2013 by QUANTUMGR4V17Y because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Thanks all for participating. The replies so far all say my friend is mistaken in his thinking, therefore I would ask the second question, do you hold these opinions because you find them more comfortable than the thought of a square off between the two nations?.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by inj3ct0r
reply to post by hotel1

People think this war will take place :-

US vs China

Why ?
Just because both countries want to prove that they are superior?

I tell now right now that this war will not take place .

The war that will take place in the future is this :-

US + EU + China(surprisingly)
vs
Egypt+Syria+Russia
(Mind you that this countries like will become extremely powerful and dangerous).

There will also be regional wars and many wars will take place between the EU countries itself.

But in the end it will be something like this:-
US(extremely weak after having fought many wars)+EU(only a few country)+China+India
vs
Religious Extremist countries like Egypt + Russia(it will lose to al-qaeda before hand)+Pakistan+Syria+Algeria+Iran

China will be US' greatest ally .....and only hope.
edit on 3-2-2013 by inj3ct0r because: (no reason given)

Do you see a time frame in what you predict?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

do you hold these opinions because you find them more comfortable than the thought of a square off between the two nations?.

No....

I hold them because that is what my understanding of world events and the information I have leads me to believe

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Nope. China wants a seat at the big boys' table. They're hungry for gain, and you can't get rich if your cities are nuked. They hold a trillion of our debt, and we're quietly paying them off by selling them America a piece at a time.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by inj3ct0r

I don't see it happening like that. Worst case scenario, locate the primary nuclear facilities in every hostile country and rain hell on them. If they don't back down, send nukes of our own. I'd like to see Syria stand up to enough nuclear power to level their whole country.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

I don’t think that a war between the US/West vs. China will happen outright, but rather it will start with one or the others allies in the Asian region, and escalate from there.

War is about resources; don’t let anybody tell you different. Always has been and it always will be. Race, Religion and Ideology are just factors to be used to drum up the support of the people.

North Korea is currently starving; they could well launch an attack on South Korea just to gain more resources (and possibly thin the herd some). If this were to happen the likelihood of the US and China getting dragged in is pretty high.

Then we have all the posturing of China in the South China Sea which is quite rich in rare metals, oil and natural gas. The US has plenty of defense agreements with Nations in that region as well. Taiwan, Philippines, Japan, not to mention AUS/NZ to the south. Again, the likelihood of the US getting dragged in is pretty high.

If you pay attention to the diplomatic and saber rattling language coming out of that region you will notice that none of the players have used any Race, Religion or Ideology messages. Though you will see that resources are brought up frequently.

I can see China trying to seize the islands that Japan also claims, but logistically that would be a challenge for them as those islands are also quite easily within Japans reach. I guarantee that Japan would call for her allies to help as well. You can’t get to the resources if they are continuously being bombed and fought over.

Thankfully, cooler heads are prevailing for the moment. The economic warfare will continue as usual.

But changes in leadership by any of the Nations could bring about a whole new set of scenarios. For better or worse.

new topics

top topics

join