It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Metal and Rock fans? Please review/critique this song.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Hey guys. Me and my buddys have been hitting the recording studio for the last few weeks, and here is a song I wrote that I would appreciate some honest feedback on.

I know the vocals need to come up a bit, and there are a few other tweaks that need to be made, but this is a basic outline of the song. The song is called F****d Up Fairytale. The song idea and lyrics came to me after my twin girls were born. I was sitting there reading them a bedtime story about some Disney princess BS, and thought to myself "why do we tell kids all these fairytales when the real world is all f'ed up....?"

Anyways, this is the link, please take a listen and let me know what you think....Thanks!

www.youtube.com...
edit on 3-2-2013 by Poveglia because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Poveglia

Hey I am not a metal fan but that song is F...... awesome.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by inj3ct0r

Thanks a ton man!

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
you got something good going on here, even with what you seem to feel are subpar vocals. but its really reminding me of biohazard, and mixing some suicidal tendencies.
the only thing i think its missing is one of those parts where you breakdown and let people go mosh crazy the kind of thing that machinehead seems to do well for example.
all in all a pretty solid song

if this was my preferred style of metal i would buy/steal/download it

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by phrookface
you got something good going on here, even with what you seem to feel are subpar vocals. but its really reminding me of biohazard, and mixing some suicidal tendencies.
the only thing i think its missing is one of those parts where you breakdown and let people go mosh crazy the kind of thing that machinehead seems to do well for example.
all in all a pretty solid song

if this was my preferred style of metal i would buy/steal/download it

Thanks brother! I will re-do the vocals at some point here...like a true rocker, I'm usually drunk when I record =P I wanted to add a solo/mosh out moment, but was afraid the song would be too long. I'll start working on guitar solo's this next weekend...

Any other feedback will be greatly appreciated!

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Embedded for you. Pretty cool, but sometimes the vocals border on cookie monster sound. LOL Good luck with your musical endeavors!

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
It has a punk feel at the start which is cool. When it goes slow just 18 seconds in it messes the flow of the song for me. If that was like the first part then went into the F*** up fairy tale part. Or maybe just do the slow part once in the middle. Other wise pretty good keep rockin

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Great song man, very punky at the start. Not sure what you're recording setup is but i would bring up the cymbals a tiny bit whether it be overheards or a mic on the ride, it kinda gets buried at some points. just my 2 cents, i'm a metalhead and love when the ride is heard loud and clear
overall good song, i dig it

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I liked it..

but i am a heavy metal Bass player from way back in the 80's.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Thanks for all the comments guys! I have more music in the works...just hard to break away from work sometimes and get in the studio!

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Before I answer I would like to know a thing or two. How long have you guys been playing and how long have you been playing together?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Before I answer I would like to know a thing or two. How long have you guys been playing and how long have you been playing together?

Well the guitarist and drummer has been playing since high school, as lead singer I have been song writing for years but I am fairly new to actually singing (I think I write better than I sing lol), and so far we've been playing together for about two months off and on with a hectic work schedule.

I have written about 10 songs that are all in various stages in recording, this is just our "most" complete song so far, even though it's not even finished yet.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
I liked it..

but i am a heavy metal Bass player from way back in the 80's.

We actually need a bass player lol...

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Poveglia

OK, just starting out then. Pretty good start imo. Nothing stands out. Similar to many bands but you've got some chops. My advice is to practice, practice, practice. Try different types of metal. And don't worry about the vocals. No one claims Lemmy is an opera star.

top topics

join