Think in opposites, people.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
reply to post by Itisnowagain

What ones experiences in REM state or Dreams is simply stored information or data that the Subconscious has recorded and can play back in any combination or even create new combinations and constructs but they are ALWAYS based on the stored data.

Split Infinity

Dreams can be manipulated from the other side and the unconscious can receive information from sensors the conscious mind does not know of and cannot access directly. You can by sleep depriving yourself go to a state where you are between awake and sleeping where you can access some information directly to the conscious mind that normally would be blocked. Some might do this thru meditation but I have never been able to do that.

The only thing meditation/relaxing to vibrational sounds do to me is make my body feel things on a higher level than it can do when it is very focused on thinking.

Be careful if you do this things because you might not like what you find out about yourself and have a hard time coping with the information you receive.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Merging duality with unity is truth. When you realize how opposites are needed for continual motion, you've begun to see the nature of the universe in all of its layers.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I don't see a shred of truth presented in this thread.

@Splitinfinity

If have a right hemisphere, left hemisphere, AND subconscious, where the heck does this subconscious physically lie?! In the corpus collosum?! haha!

Freud said we have the ID, or unconscious desires (mostly instinctual/ancestrial) , the EGO, and the SuperEGO, or conscience.

So yes, we have at least three divisions of self. All these fools saying they are one are simply repressing their true state of being.

You can become two, but that's psychopath territory. It means you use your ego to fulfill your ID, but never developed a conscience.

You can become one, but that means you have no sense of self, no conscience, and are running purely off of instinct. That means you're not even a human being, just a homo sapien.

Logic is not entirely on the left hemisphere, and creativity is not entirely on the right hemisphere. We're all slightly different, and ~5% (half of left handers) have arbitrary brain organizations. Some will solve a specific logic puzzle using only the left hemisphere, some with the right, and some with both. We know in 95% of the population, pure logic is on both sides of the brain.

All these super-deep one liners are a load of rubbish.

Thinking in opposites is beneficial. It allows you to easily synthesize a solution from holding two extremes in mind. This works for some people. Other people it seems to just confuse.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by Angle

The dual thinking that humans do is the cause of all their suffering.

I understand what you mean, but in reality/essence it is not true.

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
Non duality is the truth.

New age, nowadays we can say certain people in this sphere experience now this.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angle
You probably say not thinking in opposites is freedom, not?

Gsus

Freedom does not involve thinking. To spend time U-turning your thoughts is waste of energy. Sorry, you can't transcend duality and still exist. You can only transcend your thinking mind. As long as you play mind games with yourself and others, you will always be bound to the powers of happiness and sadness. Or as buddha put it, Iron chains and Golden chains. Freedom is in neither.

Thinking positive, implies the negative. Thinking negative, implies the positive. Thinking one way, implies the opposite. You can not escape duality, no matter which mind trick you play. The thinking mind is incapable of assimilating non duality. This is why the Masters say that you have to transcend your own mind. Until then, the thinking mind will continue to play games with you and you will fall for it. This is the hamster wheel of spirituality. All talk and philosophy, no juice, no deliverance, no true enlightenment.

True enlightenment does not require you to man-handle your thoughts and bend them to your will.
edit on 3-2-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Itisnowagain

I can help you Itisnowagain.

You are a slave of awareness.

It depends on the meaning, and even then, in the end, all will be progressing, every single heart and soul. No one came in without a bungee cord. The negative lower pyramid , is going to turn itself around.

My friend and I were discussing, Bruce Lee, be Water my friend, and he was sharing that the Chinese (Tao) saw the inner energy body, and the physical body as a circle, and the Ying/Yang, instead of duality and chaos (which is outer or shadow) this inner was Harmony and Unity, and brought one in contact with their Infinite Self and Family of Infinite Self, and Spirit of Love and Peace/God. Not the auric or shadow, outer. Inner.
edit on 3-2-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

The old "you are what you are not" angle.

Just an intellectual tool, it won't reveal absolute truth.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
edit on 3-2-2013 by Rikku because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

Perhaps you you aren't "thinking in opposites".

Remember, everything is a LIE...

"Just look at us. Everything is backwards; everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health. Lawyers destroy justice. Universities destroy knowledge. Governments destroy freedom. the major media destroy information and religions destroy spirituality." ~ Michael Ellner

edit on 3-2-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

The tools are used to move through this world that we take action in. An individual might believe that the tools will find one their freedom/harmony/unity - those things the individual is incapable of achieving while having the intent of reaching it.

However, an individual who seeks, seeks to control what is perceived as "beyond control" - that is, the cause of their suffering - but the nature of their suffering is that it is caused by the person's own manipulative measures that have been developing ever since the person became conscious of their actions.
The incarnated soul must grow into a body which is of course originally of this world: designed to survive, and thus having gained a complex of intelligences and default functionsto thrive - and all the intelligences formed therein are life forms too. For example, the gut flora, or a simple cell.
Those things against the survival of the body are avoided by that intelligent body, creating instinct as we call it.
Instinct is independent of the free-will that the individual inherits as part of becoming self-aware.
Free-will is the product of an individual operating through duality. The most basic appearance of duality is in survival; what is against survival, and what is in favor of it. Then, there are the emotions to overlay and complicate the "will to survive"; what emotions are desirable, or (help to function well with), and what emotions are not. One may notice the potential for manipulations here. If not, then consider the next level of complexities that you and I devote ourselves too; this next level occurs as a result of the previous one.
What is one's intent, and why? Where will emotion play a part in this?

These three levels I have mentioned are more than simply levels/planes. They are each intelligences that develop from the energy that penetrates All (thus creating evolution), and whatever form that emerges has the necessity to evolve such as a rainbow has the necessity to have different colors; in that analogy, one may notice that there exists an infinitely small variance of coloration between one color and another; as the coloration approaches the next boundary color, like a rainbow's red ray graduating into an orange ray - they are moved by the will to exist, assisted by the ever-present energy, and manifesting from infinity.

We as human individuals occupy/perceive a world where changes from one level of development forms from its respective kind of intelligence to the next - such as, life forms moving from expressing the nature of survival (the nature is that of harmony) to expressing the nature of emotion (this nature is that of movement, thus creating challenges to maintaining a harmony; thus, promoting an evolution in a way that I would say is related to Darwin's theory of evolution), and so on.
We are seeing changes, or in a better term, movement.

Utilizing what one person here said, we are seeing 2 forces.
We evolve here by becoming aware of the harmony. From what i will think, true harmony is only 1 force, and while you are/I am being with it, being 1, there is therefore the lack of "doing" on the part of the human that was once in a world of duality - the tools that came with being in the human body (seeing duality) are dropped, and left; the human that once functioned "out-of-harmony" by means of thinking that there was a life law of seeing "either this side, or that side"(duality), and neither of those perceived sides being the 1 force, nor either side being greater than its opposite. One force cannot have any movement against it, please notice this, because there is no other force to contend with it.

Feel the harmony, and you will be free?
Seek it, and you shall be trapped...almost a paradox.
Does thinking in opposites help ? I guess the success of any tactic will have to depend on how one approaches it.
Perhaps you cannot "escape" duality's chains through knowing, for all knowledge is of a malleable nature; knowledge is intended to be used/controlled/possessed for some purpose. Freedom becomes knowledge if it is ever known to you in the same way that you've come to know the world - that very world you suffer in.
What a mystery.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

That's not really thinking in opposites. That's just being clever.

Also not sure why you think that quote is applicable to what I said
edit on 3-2-2013 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:41 AM
link   

That's not really thinking in opposites. That's just being clever.

Also not sure why you think that quote is applicable to what I said

Since when do jokes have to be applicable?

FYI: this little guy:
USUALLY means someone is not being completely serious.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   

@Splitinfinity

If have a right hemisphere, left hemisphere, AND subconscious, where the heck does this subconscious physically lie?! In the corpus collosum?! haha!

Freud said we have the ID, or unconscious desires (mostly instinctual/ancestrial) , the EGO, and the SuperEGO, or conscience.

So yes, we have at least three divisions of self. All these fools saying they are one are simply repressing their true state of being.

You can become two, but that's psychopath territory. It means you use your ego to fulfill your ID, but never developed a conscience.

You can become one, but that means you have no sense of self, no conscience, and are running purely off of instinct. That means you're not even a human being, just a homo sapien.

Logic is not entirely on the left hemisphere, and creativity is not entirely on the right hemisphere. We're all slightly different, and ~5% (half of left handers) have arbitrary brain organizations. Some will solve a specific logic puzzle using only the left hemisphere, some with the right, and some with both. We know in 95% of the population, pure logic is on both sides of the brain.

All these super-deep one liners are a load of rubbish.

Thinking in opposites is beneficial. It allows you to easily synthesize a solution from holding two extremes in mind. This works for some people. Other people it seems to just confuse.

I don't see any truth in this post.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

We are one (there is no self)...

We are two (there is mind and body)...

We are three (there is ego, id, and superego)...

We are four (fire, water, air, earth, all influencing our personalities)...

We are or aren't as many as you wish us to be.

The truth is change/movement is occurring through form and to be attached to a form (physical possessions) will lead to suffering...

Thinking in opposites will create more hypothetical situations that will not even be used (as the situation you are in is reality - happening now - and hypotheticals are imagination - not happening).

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

The truth is change/movement is occurring through form and to be attached to a form (physical possessions) will lead to suffering...

This begs a question to all mortals of suffering. Is suffering natural. is it ok to suffer? , is it good?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
The easiest way is to ask them: imagine yourself without body and mind, what are you?
edit on 4-2-2013 by dodol because: (no reason given)
edit on 4-2-2013 by dodol because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

You seem sincere again AthlonSavage.

Is it good to suffer? Is it natural to suffer? Is the other cause of your suffering? They are running us over (no correct 'smiley' available) Those freakzoids need therapy, and soon. Insanity 3rd °. Woesh, there they go again. Complete loss of sense of reality. Are they.. cut off of the earth? Moe

But the wicked shall be cut off from the earth, and the transgressors shall be rooted out of it.

For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait on the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.

edit on 4-2-2013 by Angle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:30 AM
link   
My bank manager tells me I am really really poor. Does that mean I am really really rich?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

Oh, but you are rich in heaven my friend.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   

reply to post by michael1983l

Oh, but you are rich in heaven my friend.

do we really need money in Heaven?

i just want an unwakeable eternal deep sleep.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join