Think in opposites, people.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity
A person has three very distinct personalities within them.

One is the Subconscious which is able to record every thing a persons senses detect as well as all history of thought. It is responsible for our Dreams as well as is responsible for that feeling you get when you think you are forgetting something.

The second is the Right Hemisphere of you brain which is responsible for all Creative thought.

The third is the Left Hemisphere which accounts for all Logic and Analytical Thought.

Now all three do work in congress with each other but very often one part will be at odds with another or the other two.

This happens often when the two hemispheres are in agreement but the subconscious which sees all...knows something is up thus if fights to inform the two conscious halves of ones mind.

So really...it more than a duality...there is three of us inside.

Split Infinity

I am one.
The one i am is the one that is present watching all that can appear.

I am the one who hears thought, i am the one who feels sensation. All appearances appear to the one.
The one never makes an appearance.
edit on 3-2-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angle

Hello readers of this thread.

With this thread I want to encourage people to think in opposites.
Thx in advance for participation.

Help encourage us with why you believe it is helpful.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Actually...you are several. LOL!

You have three distinct EGO's inside you as we all do.

An example of this is your Subconscious always being cognizant.

It is always recording all information and is not just available when you dream.

EVERYTHING you have ever done or thought of is stored in the Subconscious...including many things you two conscious hemispheres have no knowledge of.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Actually...you are several. LOL!

You have three distinct EGO's inside you as we all do.

An example of this is your Subconscious always being cognizant.

It is always recording all information and is not just available when you dream.

EVERYTHING you have ever done or thought of is stored in the Subconscious...including many things you two conscious hemispheres have no knowledge of.

Split Infinity

The noise i hear happening 'inside' (thought) is just noise. I am hearing all that arises - i know who i am.
I am not confused by the 'me', the 'I' and the 'you' that speak internally.

I am the all seeing, all knowing and ever present awareness of all that appears.

You have many names for what occurs internally but i just see it and hear it - it is all just part of the happening.
I am the witness to all of it and am not anything that appears.
I am one.

When the two (or three) become one the kingdom shall be revealed.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Yes, you are one.. One

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Angle

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Help encourage us with why you believe it is helpful.

Why do you want to encourage the people to think in opposites?
Give examples of how thinking in opposites is benefical.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Actually...the you that is typing and I am addressing does not see and hear all.

If you were walking on the sand at the beach...and you walked by a person reading a book...and you did not glance at the page...thus your Left and Right Conscious Ego's did not see or recognize what was on the books page....yet....as you walk by...your peripheral vision did in fact recieve the reflected light from the book...and thus your Subconscious recorded this and KNOWS every single possible bit of information on that page.

It knows every word...the number of paragraphs...the number of words...what the words are...what the type size is...everything.

Now this information is stored by the Subconscious and the two conscious hemispheres cannot access this information as they did not consciously even know about it. If something on that books page was pertinent to some action needed in ones conscious life...the subconscious will present this data in the form of DREAMS.

STILL...you do not see all and hear all...the other you does.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Awareness is aware.
It is aware in the present. It is aware of what appears as thought, or memory.
I am awareness.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   

I can help you Itisnowagain.

You are a slave of awareness.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Think in opposites like black people are bad and white people are good? I prefer to use more specific criteria for my decision making. By the way, your profile picture is of a snake, which could be argued to represent non-duality.

However, it makes me think you are Satan trying to trick us into eating the anti-apple. Or maybe in our original form as humans we did not think in terms of duality, and Satan's apple actually gave us that?

In any case, I think you as a person are quite aware of both the state of awareness and the state of duality, as am I, otherwise you wouldn't have known to write this thread.
edit on 3-2-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   

STILL...you do not see all and hear all...the other you does.

Split Infinity

You may be schizophrinic but i have found that i am one.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   

The you I am addressing is just 2 of the 3 yous. I am neither addressing nor is this part of you speaking that is the Subconscious.

So...there you go! LOL!

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   

I can help you Itisnowagain.

You are a slave of awareness.

I am not a slave to awareness.
Awareness is what i am.

The human condition is to be a slave to the mind because the mind is conflicted because it thinks in opposites - it can never make up it's mind. The mind has the real you confused and scared because it is unsure.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   

The you I am addressing is just 2 of the 3 yous. I am neither addressing nor is this part of you speaking that is the Subconscious.

So...there you go! LOL!

Split Infinity

You may be schizophrinic but i have found that i am one.
when the two become one the kingdom shall be revealed.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Trolling is not allowed at ATS.

Neither are one liner posts, which you seem to make a habit of. As well as not conveying your point across. I can understand that non thinking can be a good thing, but apart from that. Don't really understand where your coming from.

link   

That condition tends to exist when the two consciousness that are Left and Right Brain Hemeisphere will divide either due to disease or other reasons.

I am very keenly aware that I operate on three basic levels and have the ability to easily recall things from my subconscious as this part of me keeps a perfect record of everything.

Split Infinity

link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Lot a trinity of three part creating one whole. Where have I heard that before.

Op this thread amuses me. It is like you are playing the snake in genesis trying to get everybody who reads this to eat the apple of knowledge of good and evil (putting everything you are in dualistic views).
. Sorry I have eaten of that apple and it normally leaves a nasty aftertaste so you can keep the apple.

Also I am a guy so you should be trying to find Eve or Snow White instead.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   

argh, such a good topic, pity you have ruined it by lousy intro.
First of all - contradiction of polarities is well known in philosophy as dialectic
To learn more - Hegel's 'dialectic opposition' is a good point where to start. But mind you, Hegel is not an easy read, so try to find some brief definitions online.
From this point there is a further development of philosophical thought so to say thinking in opposites is inevitable.

2nd - there is no need to encourage people to think in opposites, because that is what we do all the time.
Everything in this world consists of opposites, this is how things work in the material universe.
Start with a simple things, like night/day; male/female; warm/cold; possible/impossible; love/hate; left/right
then try to become aware of your thoughts. What is that you are preoccupied the most - lately.
W heather it is work, or family or health - I am sure everyone will find a plentiful of polarities within his or her own thinking patterns.
So, the first objective here would be - not to think in opposites - but trying to become aware of the opposites.

Then comes the practical use of polarities. In a philosophical debate, or within ones own mind.
There are some interesting spiritual methods regarding opposites, first that comes to my mind:
Excalibur

edit on 3-2-2013 by Douriff because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   

I am very keenly aware that I operate on three basic levels and have the ability to easily recall things from my subconscious as this part of me keeps a perfect record of everything.

Split Infinity

Everything appears presently so does not have to be 'recalled'. It appears and it is seen and known.
I am the seeing and knowing aspect.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

HA! Good Luck finding Snow White! LOL!

Everyone has baggage now days.

Split Infinity

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join