It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SSRI's and Young Men ~30 And Under - Most Mass Murderers Fit This Profile These Days - Personal Exp

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Talking with my father and other people, and doing some research, we've found that the majority of these mass murders tend to be on SSRI (or an SNRI) antidepressant/psychotropic medications of some kind. Prozac, ritalin, luvox, whatever.

I can speak a little on this topic from personal experience, as someone who was once put on an SSRI for my obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD). I was in middle school, around the age of 13. My mood took a dark turn about the second week I was on this stuff. I got into fights, verbally and physically with other students and my parents, and turned into a nightmare on legs. I even smacked a kid in the face with a hockey stick during gym class at one point.

Thankfully, my parents pulled me off early enough on that I didn't have to ween myself off of the medication, and I turned back into my happy go lucky self once they were all out of my system.

Going further, I've noticed that while they admit that many of these shooters are on some sort of medication, without specifying what, it's a safe bet to assume it's an SSRI. So why do the doctors keep prescribing these to young men, who apparently have a negative overall reaction to them? I blame the pharmaceutical lobby. They pay the governments of the world to look the other way, while giving kickbacks to those who prescribe them to their patients.

For more information, I've found this SSRI Stories site has a good amount of information, news, and a large database of murders and other issues related to SSRI's.

www.ssristories.com...

We need to get the word out and get SSRI's pulled from the shelves, or at least do some testing to determine if they should ever be used by men at all, let alone those around 30 or lower.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by joesomebody

Yeah this has been known for a while.
www.cchrint.org...

Sadly, the media will blame video games and movies before anyone even questions the fact that mind altering chemicals MIGHT have something to do with it.

They even put the warning about all the stuff it causes on the box now and STILL the people in the position to point it out don't.
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 3-2-2013 by Superhans because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
As bad as it all is, you're right. Far as anyone is concerned, it could be '___', alien blood, or whatever other outlandish substance you could think of in the water supply and the media would still ignore it if big pharma was paying them to.
edit on 3-2-2013 by joesomebody because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:10 AM
link   

I did find it funny, watching the TV with politicians going on about gun control and video games. When the commercials would come on it seemed that every other one was either something for depression or help guys get hard. So at the end of the anti-depressant commercial you get to hear the speed read version of the side effects right before it cuts back to some suit jerk rambling about grand theft auto.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:13 AM
link   
Many will say your testimony isn't a reliable source.

I can attest to "foreign thoughts" on medications I was taking, but our testimonies aren't worth the white coat we don't have.

I also worked with MR adults who were taking the whole gambit of psychotropic meds, and we had nicknames for most of them. One I called "Michael Meyers", because he would creep up on you and stand there for hours just staring at you with a crazy look in his eyes at any hour of the night.

The company I worked for has clients on meds that no one ever heard of until 6 months+ later on TV commercials, which tells me who the guinea pigs were.

Life is pretty simple, just eat live non GMO foods, fresh air without chemtrails, lots of sun without sunscreen, happy thoughts without pills = happy & healthy life.

Is it me or are rich people trying to interfere with nature?

edit on 3-2-2013 by JibbyJedi because: tyops

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
This is horrible news i have never known anyone under 30 want to kill a bunch of people
edit on 3-2-2013 by gangdumstyle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by gangdumstyle
I do not know one person under 30 male or female in america
who has not thought or wanted to go on a big shooting towards
something they hated or some type of persons they hated.

Where are you meeting Americans??

I live there and don't know any who want to "shoot" anyone, except who the TV tells them to hate... Arab terrorists. Even then, they are afraid to do that within America's borders.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi

Originally posted by gangdumstyle
I do not know one person under 30 male or female in america
who has not thought or wanted to go on a big shooting towards
something they hated or some type of persons they hated.

Where are you meeting Americans??

I live there and don't know any who want to "shoot" anyone, except who the TV tells them to hate... Arab terrorists. Even then, they are afraid to do that within America's borders.

No where
Me either your right....
edit on 3-2-2013 by gangdumstyle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Back on topic please... SSRI's as pertaining to mass murderers. Thanks.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by gangdumstyle

School.... AND i know plenty of people OVER 30 male and female who want to shoot arab terrorist....

Another reason for me & my kids to stay away from American schools.

Please make sure you tell the CIA & FBI you don't know me when they question you about your comments here. I am useless to them and am sick of the knocks on my door at 7AM. Get use to China's standard early, it will help you all adjust to the gradual change over.

reply to post by Hefficide

Back on topic please... SSRI's as pertaining to mass murderers. Thanks.

We are talking about those I thought. Between my former foreign medication thoughts and this member's friends' thoughts and words, I thought it worthy of discussing.

edit on 3-2-2013 by JibbyJedi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I can agree. That stuff messed me up in the head when I was younger. I still suffer from depression :/

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I'm 43, I've been taking SSRI's since my mid 20's, and NEVER had a violent thought toward anyone in my life.
If anything, they've actually HELPED me organize my thoughts, establish priorities on what I need to do, and generally helped me be a better person, so when I see people blame SSRI's, I say theyre full of it.
Myself and thousands of others, if not MILLIONS take these same EXACT MEDS EVERYDAY, and go about life. We dont 'snap' or turn violent. Thats the BIGGEST LOAD OF BS EVER.
If it were TRUE, this would be happening more and more EVERYDAY. It doesnt. You have a handful of people that did these things.
THese people were predisposed to violence, they would probably have done it, whether or not they were on the meds.
Find something else to blame, its not the meds, no arguing or trying to tell me otherwise WILL NOT CHANGE MY MIND.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

a lot of these cases happen when one stops taking SSRIs
its all sunshine and lollipops when you're on them, but the withdrawl is what gets you

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   

If anything, they've actually HELPED me organize my thoughts, establish priorities on what I need to do, and generally helped me be a better person, so when I see people blame SSRI's, I say theyre full of it.

I blame SSRIs for assisting you in not being, you.
Whoever you are not on them, is not who you have been past 20+ years.

How do you even know yourself if your mental capabilities have been influenced by these SSRIs for over 2 decades? You ARE who are have been on those meds.... who you are without them, is the real, all natural you. How does that make you feel better about the past 2 decades? I am curious.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

Fair enough. I just didn't want things to get totally sidetracked into an argument about whether or not younger folks all want to go on shooting sprees or not.

Homer, I have to both agree and disagree with you. You are right, many people do take SSRI's and receive full benefit of the medication. But there is substantial and documented evidence that a small percentage of the population, particularly males under 30, do become violent while on these meds. It's a side effect and like almost all medication side effects, individual mileage varies.

In Japan this class of drugs actually has to carry a written warning about potential for causing violent outbursts. Here they fall short of that, but all do carry warnings for suicidal ideation.

~Heff

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Myself and thousands of others, if not MILLIONS take these same EXACT MEDS EVERYDAY, and go about life. We dont 'snap' or turn violent. Thats the BIGGEST LOAD OF BS EVER.

Not really, do you know what a side effect is and how all that works? Even according to the drug makers themselves it is true. The side effect of increased risk of suicide and violent behavior is well documented, you can't just simply say its not so.
So lets just say if 1% of the people who test a drug show an increase in violent behavior. If one million people are on a drug that causes homicidal ideation that is 10,000 people.
Go look for yourself, people everyday are snapping and turning violent. Along with the fact that these mass shooters were in fact being prescribed these drugs.

If it were TRUE, this would be happening more and more EVERYDAY. It doesnt. You have a handful of people that did these things.

More and more everyday eh? Nothing like that happening, how is it this time of year in candy land?

Find something else to blame, its not the meds, no arguing or trying to tell me otherwise WILL NOT CHANGE MY MIND.

Nobody is trying to change your mind. Relax, take your meds.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I blame SSRIs for assisting you in not being, you. Whoever you are not on them, is not who you have been past 20+ years. How do you even know yourself if your mental capabilities have been influenced by these SSRIs for over 2 decades? You ARE who are have been on those meds.... who you are without them, is the real, all natural you. How does that make you feel better about the past 2 decades? I am curious.

I'm impulsive, I dont pay attention to what I am doing, and not generally a good person to be around.
During those 20 some odd years, I didnt have them for a year, and I was not the same person. No, I didnt get violent, but I was difficult to be around.
I like me the way I am now

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
I'm 43, I've been taking SSRI's since my mid 20's, and NEVER had a violent thought toward anyone in my life.
THese people were predisposed to violence, they would probably have done it, whether or not they were on the meds.

I agree with you but I also *KNOW* it has to be the right medication for you. I've been on many AD's over the years from maois to ssri/snri to trycyclics etc... and some of them ruined me beyond repair.

Literally. 10 years of my life gone for nothing.. More than 10.

I swore I'd never take anything again, but I found the right one. And for once in my miserable existence things are not bleak and desperate.

I also know one thing for certain. Many of the actions the antidepressants have in the brain are the same as some certain illicit substances. And they apply the same lingering 'effect' without any of the delirious joy you get from their illegal counterparts.

Now I know from my youth, the self limiting nature of some thing that had a very very uplifting result in my mood and thinking. Yet doctors today throw these pills at people who are not in the best of places to start with.

The compounded effects of weeks, months, years, of feeling like you've just come off a weekend at a rave, can push people further sideways.

I cannot believe some of these things are legal while other things are demonised by the same people who offer you prozax and zoloft.

Funny, take the pleasure out of the synergistic combination of pleasure and pain, and you're left with simple unending pain. That's medicine...

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Concur. My child had severe OCD symptoms (which came on from stress, I believe, from going to middle school and being picked on/bullied). Child psychologist could not help and said meds were needed. Psychiatrist put my kid on an SSRI -- and within about 5 weeks, my child was violent and suicidal - in the 5th grade! Had to push the psychiatrist to believe me. Needless to say, came off the drug instantly (with dizzyness, etc. as side effects).

Used homeopathy to manage the OCD symptoms instead. Not "cured" but certainly able to live without any type of medication.

Perhaps SSRIs work for some people, but you never know who will be activated by the SSRI. I read that those with the potential for bipolar who take an SSRI can have adverse affects and in a sense bring on the bipolar symptoms. Which seems to have happened in our case.

new topics

top topics

join