Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Things Portuguese People Say

page: 1

join

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I should have posted this when it was brand new, but I didn't think anyone here would appreciate it. I know at least one moderator is Portuguese and will appreciate this if they haven't seen it yet.

I am Portuguese, I don't speak more than 5 words of that language though.
Let me tell you how fun that is around relatives talking about you... ehhh.

If you live near Portugal, or the New England area, you might find this humorous...

I grew up near these guys, they are hilarious.

You don't have to speak Portuguese to enjoy this humor...

Portuguese Grandmother compilation:

Manny of War:

For more better shtuff: www.portuguesecomedy.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I know some people like that.

Those videos also show the peculiar Portuguese sense of humour and that a Portuguese always knows how to speak a foreign language.

An aunt of my mother, some 50 years ago, moved to Zimbabwe, and neither her or her husband knew English. The first time she went to buy food she just pointed to the things she wanted, but when she wanted eggs and couldn't find them she started to act like a chicken laying eggs. Everybody laughed but they understood what she wanted.

Edit: I forgot to say one thing. My second name and my brother's second name is Manuel. Both my sister's second name is Maria.
edit on 3/2/2013 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Funny story, I would have probably acted the same around people whose language I didn't know.
I can't speak Portuguese, I know a lot of nonsense words and some curse words but I couldn't have a conversation in that language.

Everyone beyond my grandparents in my family tree is named Manny & Maria, once my g.parents came to America from the Azores, it was American names of children. No more Mannys & Marias once my family used English as their main language.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
No more Mannys & Marias once my family used English as their main language.

Joes and Janes?

new topics

top topics

join