It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scrambles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
My favorite things to scramble together are eggs, hashbrowns, various meats, (mostly ham, but garlic sausage and pepperoni are up there too) jalapenos (sometimes, depending if my salsa homemade with them or not) and add salsa + a ton of cheese and its a very good meal!

What are your favorite things to scramble?

P.S. Please see my signature link if your perusing to read.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
My favorite addition is croutons, any flavor. Inside out ham egg and cheese is what we call it. Add at the end so they don't soften up.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Chicken flavored rice, hamburger, onions, and bell peppers.

Sometimes a bit of bacon if I'm in the mood.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by beautyofperil

beef, onion, sheel noodles, corn, celery, and then add pepper. my family calls it glop, It kind of like homemade hamberger helper I suppose, but its good either way

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by grey9438

That sounds good minus the onion, not a fan of them. I do like hamburger helper

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I scramble eggs, tomato, diced ham, green peppers, mushroom and cheddar cheese. MMMMMM. I then have it with hash browns, toast or any side I feel like making that morning. I have to have my eggs cooked this way or I won't eat them.

I got sick as a kid on eggs so it too me to adulthood before I touched them again. I also prefer quiche but it takes longer to cook lol

posted on Feb, 10 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Right on to your recipe! Sorry to hear about your misfortune, but I bet your glad you came around now!

How did you get a title like Official ATS Chef?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by grey9438

What are sheel noodles? I haven't heard of them.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
My favorite scramble is eggs, apple and garlic. At the end, I top it with smoked salmon. Droooooool.

But I often make dinner and name it "food in a bowl". This happens whenever I find foods that might somehow complement each other. I like sausage, peppers and onions and deglaze the pan with beer or white wine to make sauce. I also like butternut squash with bacon, rosemary and sage, topped with lots of cheddar.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

My apologies for any undesirables pertaining to the question but what is your ethnicity?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

No offense taken - I'm German (but born and living in the US). As long as we're on the topic, what makes you ask?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Apples and Garlic.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Yeah I figured that combo out when trying to figure out what to scramble. Now I wonder why it isn't everywhere. Throw rosemary into the mix and it's a hootenanny! Is this combination associated with a culture/ethnicity?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I dont know, I was curious as to which one it maybe was. I worked with immigrants in the past many of who were fond of cooking for me and I never came across such a mix before so I was curious to say the least as I've seen them all!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

meant to say shell noodles

posted on Sep, 4 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Scrambles are delicious. I usually add yellow onion and then top with diced tomatoes at the end, as well.

posted on Jan, 18 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Scrambled eggs are fine. I like to dice up fresh meats and mix them in my omoletes. I will make the occasional burrito dinner (I haven't done this in years, maybe it's time to do it). That's about all the scrambles I make. Stew isn't scrambled but it's close.

originally posted by: beautyofperil
My favorite things to scramble together are eggs, hashbrowns, various meats, (mostly ham, but garlic sausage and pepperoni are up there too) jalapenos (sometimes, depending if my salsa homemade with them or not) and add salsa + a ton of cheese and its a very good meal!

What are your favorite things to scramble?

P.S. Please see my signature link if your perusing to read.

new topics

top topics

join