It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should domestic cats be eradicated to protect wildlife?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
No wonder earth is hell and so many are living here, with total lack of understanding or value of life, thinking its all about their own homoginized living, selfish to the core, bloodlust.

Sickening.

Sorry, I love seeing cats outside, and I'm not going to ever accommodate evil.

This is why there are starving children, why there are wars that kill millions and millions of civilians, 80% civilians and no one budges, or lifts a finger. This is why this world is hell on earth, and there are homeless. Cold selfish cruelty.
edit on 3-2-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Thank you.

I had a post removed by commenting from the rudeness of that poster.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by gangdumstyle

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

Unless you change your tactics, you're not going to be on ATS for long. Seen too many like you come and go. There's something about newbies that just HAVE to add wording prefacing the term "member" that is a signal for here today, gone tomorrow.

Stereotypes add nothing to the discussion

You just stereotyped me in a thread about cats, i have stated my position. that is all... have fun defending cats until they eat your pet bird then you'll change your own attitude
edit on 3-2-2013 by gangdumstyle because: (no reason given)

Had you considered keeping your pet bird in a cage, it wouldnt have happened.

Not being a very responsible bird daddy.
edit on 3-2-2013 by riverwild because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
the eradication of domestic cats would not be something i could ever agree with.

i love cats.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz
the eradication of domestic cats would not be something i could ever agree with.

i love cats.

On the other hand, the eradication of people that want to eradicate cats, is something I can agree with.

www.freakyts.com...

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Under British law and I would suspect therefore NZ law, there's no such thing as a "domestic cat". Under law in Britain cats are classified as "wild animals" which means that. Their owners cannot, under any circumstances, be held legally responsible for their behaviour.

There was a piece on the show QI about a cat from New Zealand that belonged to a Lighthouse Keeper who lived on some Island off the main part of NZ. The keeper, intrigued by the species of bird his cat kept bringing to the lighthouse, sadly dead, wrote to the relevant authorities in order to identify them. The ornithologists were quite excited as said birds turned out to be the only known species of "Perching Parrot". Unfortunately,, by time anyone could reach the island, Tiddles had killed the very last one and to this day, Tiddles is still the only known creature to have wiped out a whole species on their own.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
killing one species to save another is rarely a good idea and i cant believe that people are calling for the death of a whole type of animal,as to those that would hurt animals i have a distinct feeling those that toss out threats and statements of that kind will get their karmic comeuppance as karma tends to get every one in the end

they tried eliminating cats for religious reasons and that compounded the black plague and lead to many more people dying then needed to due to superstitions and irrational fears the only good thing to note that with laws protecting even trespassing animals eventually those that shoot other peoples pets will most likely be dealing with law enforcement if they keep up their behavior

www.pet-abuse.com... laws regarding cruelty to animals

aldf.org...

and as california has a three strikes law and animal cruelty is a felony you could potentaly 25-life for killing an animal with malice.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
All the anti-cat people should be eradicated.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by USN1983

do not sink to their level of ignorance and insane level of nonsense rarely does death make anything better weather the be human or animal and i would advise every one to carefull what they say as i know for a fact this thread is under intense scrutiny and that those talking of crimes committed may be getting more attention then they would like

and on a lighter note we can all take solice that these are just things posted on an internet forum and not madness spoken by anyone with any power over the issue so at least at this point cats are in no way threatened with being eliminated from the earth
edit on 3-2-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Yes

100%

I would like to see them eradicated fast.

To many cat owners let them run around pooping in Niebuhr flower beds, tearing apart garbage's ect.

I dont want your cat, I wont accept it, I wont be nice, keep it away, we will all get along then.

Or not, your call, but dont cry when she/he does not come when called.
edit on 4-2-2013 by lnfideI because: (no reason given)

EDIT:::

After thinking about this for a bit, I realized that there probably is a whole bunch of little kids that would be effected very badly by the absence of their beloved pet.

So maybe eradication is not the answer, perhaps tighter control is.

I made a mistake above, I am back to admit it. Eradicating them all would not be right.

edit on 4-2-2013 by lnfideI because: i made a mistake

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

Originally posted by SkuzzleButt
i think i have lost faith in humanity completely reading some of the replies in here

Me too. Sick psychotic ( can't say what I'm thinking). It's pissing me off too much.

Just neuter and spay. Fixes problem. No more cat births.

Ship the rest to Canada. The coyotes and foxes here kill off the cats, which keep mice and rats away.
We need more cats here. They're a huge help in farmland areas.

Please do not ship those things here. I have a big enough task with the feral cats at my Moms.

And really

To all you cat lovers.

We do not all like cats. Many of us choose NOT to have cats. Therefore if your cats are in my flowerbeds pooping, instead of in your litter box or yard, your cat is going to have a serious problem.

Part of having a cat is being responsible with them, dont give me the opportunity to get in tight with them ok.

Thanks.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

But the snakes that you do find, come from genetic stock that has eggshells more resistant to acid. Not a bad thing, considering that soon, Yellowstone is going to blow and give the whole world a long dose of acid rain.

Count the blessings.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
When cats roam my property, I run to brain them. And if I do brain them, they are fed to the migrating buzzards as a free meal. I don't want their toxoplasmosis infected poop anywhere near my does, chickens, quail, etc. Feral populations are now being eradicated on my island because they are consuming endangered rodents that feed the endangered birds. They go after fledglings, endangered nesting rodents, and what is worse is that the crazy cat ladies put out feed stations for the cats which attracts those same endangered rodents that are basically killed for the thrill. Domesticated cats are terrorists to wildlife. And no, it is not illegal for me to kill your cat if it is on my property.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by USN1983
All the anti-cat people should be eradicated.

No, irresponsible cat owners should be eradicated. Much like stupid dog owners who let their dogs wander the streets. Moron is to the bone.

Cats are beautiful animals, and I am a dog person.

Control your animal or don't get one. Simple.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I say we just let New Zealand get sucked into the ocean with the next earthquake. What kind of precious animals and birds do they have that cannot fend itself from cats?

Weak little island lol.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join