It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jodi Arias / Travis Alexander murder case: Your thoughts?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Can somebody take this cue and start a thread for those of us following this extraordinary murder case?

I'm not a good 'presenter', preferring to contribute by responding with my observations, research and opinions.
(I'm also shy of the ability to offer media links, etc). But I'm a terrific sleuth!)

If somebody has a good thread-starter for this case, please go ahead and either continue on my thread, or start a new thread, then mods can then cancel this one.

While I'm at it, ATS: Can we open a new Forum category for "Crime & Justice", or some such title, which usually involves personal, high profile cases of murder and the psychology behind it?

If not, why not?

edit on 2/3/2013 by Starling because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I've been following this since the trial started. I've watched it on TV and when it wasn't on TV I watched it online.

I really hope she doesn't get off. She has lied from the get-go and now they're (Defense) dragging Travis' name through the mud.

I pray for his family alot --trying to give them strength through all of this.
edit on 2/3/2013 by OneNationUnder because: Spelling correction

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Starling

Basically, she is in the leagues of Casey Anthony in my view. Driven by sex, status and rejection. Multiple stories and master narcissist! OH, rejection led to rage and that's where most narcissistic personalities turn into sociopaths.

My justice be swift for the heinous murder by Jodi Arias; oh who wanted to cop a plea I hear 2nd degree but I am not sure why. RIP Mr. T. Alexander!

Good luck with gaining a Thread swammi. I myself rather participate within others' well crafted threads. Maybe there can be a new area where those that find a great subject may offer sources and data up for someone to "author" or I would deem it "host" the thread. Takes a lot of producers to make the talking heads on tv do what they do!

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Basically, she is in the leagues or class same as Casey Anthony in my view. Driven by sex, status and rejection. Multiple stories and master narcissist! OH, rejection led to rage and that's where most narcissistic personalities turn into sociopaths.

May justice be swift for the heinous murder by Jodi Arias; oh who wanted to cop a plea I hear 2nd degree but I am not sure why. RIP Mr. T. Alexander!

Good luck with gaining a Thread swammi. I myself rather participate within others' well crafted threads. Maybe there can be a new area where those that find a great subject may offer sources and data up for someone to "author" or I would deem it "host" the thread. Takes a lot of producers to make the talking heads on tv do what they do!
edit on 3-2-2013 by mcsandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by OneNationUnder
I've been following this since the trial started. I've watched it on TV and when it wasn't on TV I watched it online.

I really hope she doesn't get off. She has lied from the get-go and now they're (Defense) dragging Travis' name through the mud.

I pray for his family alot --trying to give them strength through all of this.
edit on 2/3/2013 by OneNationUnder because: Spelling correction

If this woman gets off, it would be a total travesty of justice...more so than all the others.

The defense has nothing to work on. They can only throw out spaghetti on the wall and hope it sticks.
Sadly, this involves the cruel muddying of Travis's legacy.

I know a woman who has the almost identical sociopathic traits as Jodi: I truly fear for this woman's current 4th husband/mate, as I see those traits being exhibited by her in the exact same way as Jodi, in their obsession to control and dominate their man in the only way they know how: through their agressive sexuality.

This evil trait cannot ever be corrected: it can only be stopped short via dramatic means.

I believe that justice will be done, this time.
Keep on praying, friend.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mcsandy

Basically, she is in the leagues or class same as Casey Anthony in my view. Driven by sex, status and rejection. Multiple stories and master narcissist! OH, rejection led to rage and that's where most narcissistic personalities turn into sociopaths.

May justice be swift for the heinous murder by Jodi Arias; oh who wanted to cop a plea I hear 2nd degree but I am not sure why. RIP Mr. T. Alexander!

edit on 3-2-2013 by mcsandy because: (no reason given)

Quite right, mcsandy; maybe we'll get our wishes!

Oh, and...this is no 2nd degree case for Jodi to get off on: the judge will see to that, I feel.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Well, what about this little bombshell...

*Jodi Arias
*Amanda Knox
*O.J. Simpson.....

...All share the same birthday!....July 9th.

There must be a predisposition for sharp knives slashing through flesh, associated with this D.O.B?

The use of a knife as a murder weapon is more psychopathic, violent and blood-thirsty than that of a gun, imo, because the act is more up-front and personal....and obviously gruesome.

The fact that Arias 'finished the job' by firing that last shot with a gun, after having already brutally killed him by personally inflicting 27 stab wounds and a decapitaing neck slash, says alot about the depth of psychosis this pathetic woman suffers from.

The violent hatred and self loathing it takes to commit such brutal and blood letting killings, as demonstated by these three murderers, must demonstrate that there exists among us certain people who sweet-talk their way through life, gaining others' confidence, while covertly contemplating such evil acts upon them if they don't get their way.

Luckily, these three murderers also share one other thing in common: "They can't fool most of the people most of the time".

On a metaphysical note, although I can't yet find a common denominator via astrology, these three people share the Sacred Card of The Magi: the 6 of Diamonds. This sign denotes the revisitation of 'Karma' in this life cycle, related to 'Human Values'.

Maybe they should all contemplate what this means, and that, if 'the people's justice system' has not always prevailed in delivering the due punishment for their crimes, then 'Life' itself will finally do the job of delivering their Karmic justice...if not in this current life, then even more severely in the next.

I can list a whole slew of traits that this trio share with eachother, but I will leave that to you.

I'll start the list:
Narcissism
Sociopathy
Obsession
Jealousy.........

It also takes Two to Tango: All of these murders, I believe, were karmic revisitations....'to be continued, next time around!'

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   

July 9th zodiac sign is Cancer..
I'll leave someone else to speculate if that means anything..

I haven't followed the case because the one or two times I did stop to look at it, I could already tell she's full of # and I don't even know how a lil woman like that could stab a guy 27 times and not at least have half her brains beaten out.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightWarrior11

July 9th zodiac sign is Cancer..
I'll leave someone else to speculate if that means anything..

I haven't followed the case because the one or two times I did stop to look at it, I could already tell she's full of # and I don't even know how a lil woman like that could stab a guy 27 times and not at least have half her brains beaten out.

I know they're Cancers.
I'm way ahead of you there, being an esoteric astrologer, but yet unable to find a common denominater for that very date, astrologically. This is an amazing coincidence that astrologers should further investigate.

To me, it's quite feasable for this little sprite to overcome such a 'hefty' man: She gained the upper hand before he was able to fight back, then dug in with a vengence.

He was taking a shower, naked, deaf to ambient sounds.
She was 'flattering' him by having him show his masculinity/virility and have it recorded on film.
She was directing him to take certain positions..."move here, there, turn your back", etc.
He obliged.
As he turned around, she then was brandishing a knife in her other hand, threatening him to "do as she wished, or else"! She was probably threatening him, at this point, about his plans to leave her for another woman.

The response wasn't to her liking, as she possibly expected and was prepared for...(with a knife and gun).

Once she got him under her control, and probably pleading for his life, she stabbed him in a jealous frenzy.
Notice: His look of surprise when he turned around and saw what her intentions were: Total betrayal! (His 'full on eye contact' photo).
Notice his 'sultry' expression: that, to me was a look of total disbelief, before the final act.

Do not underestimate the might/strength/violence that can emit from a woman scorned...especially if this act was planned, she gained the upper hand by putting him under her total control and he was caught in a vulnerable position, blinded, deafened by the rushing shower water!

Not so impossible: Where there's an evil will, there's an evil way!

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mcsandy

This uh woman is no where near the leagues of Casey Anthony. Casey was a disturbed young woman who did NOT kill her daughter. That whole case the prosecution put on was horse manure. They were decimated in court and the lead prosecutor was forced to retire the day after the not guilty verdict for kinking evidence. Googled 87 times my rear, that blew right up in his face. Trying to can air. That was the biggest circus ever. I don't profess to know how Kaylee died but it is highly likely that she did drown in the pool. Remember the mother came home that day and found the stairs pulled up against the pool and not put away like they always were. The State of Florida had their behinds handed to them. Biggest. Farce. Ever.

edit on 6-2-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Thanks for the brief enlightenment on the situation.
I wonder who out there believes she's innocent and how?????

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightWarrior11

Thanks for the brief enlightenment on the situation.
I wonder who out there believes she's innocent and how?????

You're welcome.

Innocent of what?

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

I totally agree and I was truly just stating an opinion. Not facts for debate - just stating that they were part of the same club it seems and we all know club members have a heiarchy.

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

As Grantbail stated that FL had their buttocks handed to them indeed. The sad part of Arias is she is being tried in AZ and Aripio will have her just where she destined to be.
edit on 6-2-2013 by mcsandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I have no idea who these people are or what they did, I guess I don't get the same news stations..

Can you give a brief synopsis?
edit on 6-2-2013 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I don't have an opinion about the case yet.

What I do find interesting is HLN reported yesterday that the laptop of an expert witness for the prosecution was stolen during a home burglary.

Laptop belonging to expert witness in Arias trial stolen

Dr. Janeen Demarte is an expert witness for the prosecution. Sources tell us her laptop was stolen. In that laptop was a psychological profile of Jodi Arias.

Exclusive video shows of Dr. Demarte outside of her home, talking to investigators. Demarte is a clinical psychologist who evaluated Jodi Arias. She is scheduled to be a key rebuttal witness for the prosecution in the case.

Not sure about this source but there is a video. I'm having trouble finding any other news sources reporting on this today. Yesterday HLN had a legal panel discussing it. Mistrial was mentioned in the event the info is leaked online, possibly contaminating the jury/witnesses etc. It could be very damaging especially since this is a death penalty case.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I just don't understand the fascination many have about Jodi Arias....why? Why all the press coverage; showing the trial on TV etc...I just don't get it.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
She's just another MKULTRA victim.

Okay, obviously I'm kidding

I think she's a crazy woman who was manipulated by a crazy man. He may have pushed the wrong buttons (not a good thing to do to a crazy person). She's desperately trying to avoid conviction, but she's clearly a psycho. That should not absolve her of her crime.

Men should quit engaging in relations with crazy women. It's may be hazardous to their health.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I'm way ahead of you there, being an esoteric astrologer, but yet unable to find a common denominater for that very date, astrologically. This is an amazing coincidence that astrologers should further investigate.

Just because three share a birthday of July 9, means nothing.
As an astrologer, you know Cancers are generally non violent. I say this as someone who knows a lot of Cancers, and as someone who's birthday is only 2 days away from theirs. I'm sure I probably share a birthdate of a murderer or few somewhere too. Odds say we all do.

I also don't understand the fascination of certain murder cases over others.
They're publicized like reality shows.

posted on May, 4 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Guilty. But the Charge of Murder in the Second Degree will be easier to convict.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join