It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pink Floyd & The Wizard of Oz

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I know this isnt new news or anything and it's probably been discussed here before, but do you think this was planned or just a coincidence??

If anyone doesn't know the myth, you are supposed to start Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon at the beginning of the Wizard of Oz, when the MGM lion roars the third time, then the music is supposed to correlate with the movie.

I have done this a few times with friends and there are some parts where you just think its too perfect to be by accident. You have to start them at the perfect times to get the full effect. There are some websites that list the similarities and you can follow them as a guide.

www.geocities.com...

www.pinkfloydonline.com...

Dark Side producer, Alan Parsons, denies any connection between Dark Side and Oz, stating that The Wizard of Oz never came up at all during production of the album. Pink Floyd's keyboardist Richard Wright was totally baffled by the suggestion of it. He had never heard of such a thing. The WZLX deejay, however, claims to believe that Roger Waters intentionally and secretly wrote the album to fit the film. Could it really have happened as the deejay claims?

What do you think, coincidence or conspiracy ???

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Lol, i was actually rather unimpressed when i tried that trick. I was expecting alot more from it. I dont think any coincidence really. the album for one, does not last through the length of the movie. And alot of parts in between simply dont coorelate at all.....

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Its actually recommended that you use a CD and set it on repeat so when it ends, it restarts immediately, its supposed to play twice during the movie.

I'll have to find where I got this one list, it told you when to expect things and I found many coincidences, some hard to believe.

The whole part with the tornado in the movie set to "The Great Gig in the Sky" was pretty awesome I thought.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
The whole part with the tornado in the movie set to "The Great Gig in the Sky" was pretty awesome I thought.

best part, agreed

Another one I saw suggested and tried is watching The Nightmare Before Christmas along with Radiohead's Kid A and Amnesiac played back to back.

There are a few moments where they seem especially linked, but as a whole, it's much more enjoyable (than FloydOz) because the moods seem to match much better.
If you really enjoy Radiohead then you will enjoy the experience, no matter what.

If anyone is interested I will go try and find the info for it.

[Edited on 8-5-2003 by quango]

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by quango
Another one I saw suggested and tried is watching The Nightmare Before Christmas along with Radiohead's Kid A and Amnesiac played back to back.

If anyone is interested I will go try and find the info for it.

I'd be interested in trying it, I'm not familiar with the movie Nightmare before Christmas. Are they just two radiohead songs or are they cd's?

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Has anyone else tried this or even heard of it ???

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
Has anyone else tried this or even heard of it ???

They are two different cds. Ive never tried this before.. but that would be neat!

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Without listening to DSOTM or any Alan Parsons Project and without watching Wizard of Oz(for a long time) i feel that i'm at a disadvantage entering this discussion. But nonetheless i'm going to piece together what little i know in the hope that it might act as a trigger.

Alan Parsons, 'engineer' of DSOTM, released several albums under the name 'Alan Parsons Project'. Among these were 'EYE IN THE SKY' and 'PYRAMID'. The most common Illuminati symbols.

It is well known that The Wizard of Oz is a product of the illuminati mind control propaganda machine.

The rainbow has common usage in mind control symbolism as an apparently beautiful transformation which in reality is a distortion of light/truth. There are references in both 'The Wizard of Oz' and DSOTM in the form of the song 'Over the Rainbow' in Oz and the fragmentation of light on the cover of DSOTM. I recommend watching Eyes Wide Shut not only because it contains the similar symbolism throughout, but its a great movie also.

On DSOTM, Parsons was responsible for the clock montage leading into the song 'Time'. Was this his stamp on the album which proved(if only to himself) that he was in control of the timing of the album, and therefore its synchronicity with the Wizard of Oz?

As i said, i haven't seen or heard any of the above for a long time, if ever. So i'll make an effort to do so and then repost with any further correlations or conclusions. Does anyone have any more information on Alan Parsons? Like his background and where he gained his knowledge of occult/illuminati?

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I love the 'Alan Parsons Project' -one of my favorite bands, I do notice some of their songs could be 'illuminati' related, but I think it's more along the lines of Eric Woolfson and Alan Parsons(the writers) making it aware or known to the listener that they 'know' all about the illuminati and the games that they play and the deception behind them. I honestly don't think that they are a 'part' of the illuminati-no...Just listen to some of their words (as I am doing right now)
Magestica

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 08:36 AM
link   
'EYE IN THE SKY'
Don't think sorry is easily said-
Don't try turning tables insead, you've taken lots of chances before, but I ain't gonna give anymore-
Don't ask me, that's how it goes, cuz part of me knows what your thinking
Don't say words your gonna regret, don't let fire rush to your head..
I've heard the accusation before and I ain't gonna take anymore-believe me
The sun in your eyes, makes some of the lies worth believing

I am the eye in the sky, looking at you I can read your mind, I am the maker of rules, dealing with fools, I can cheat you blind
And I don't need to see anymore to know that-
I can read your mind(looking at you)

Don't leave false illusion behind
Don't cry, I ain't changing my mind
So find another fool like before, cuz I ain't gonna live anymore believing...
Some of the lies-while all of the signs are deceiving...
Written by Eric Woolfson APP

~So what do you think of those words?~
Magestica

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by levitationjunkie

It is well known that The Wizard of Oz is a product of the illuminati mind control propaganda machine.

I was never aware of that, but upon researching it, I found many references.

"WIZARD OF OZ and the ILLUMINATI MIND CONTROL"

"The story was chosen in the late 1940s to be the basis for the Illuminati/Intelligence community�s trauma-based total mind control programming."

Some excerpts:

-Dorothy is brought to Oz by a cyclone. The word cyclone originally was the greek word cyclone which means both a circle or the coil of a snake. In other words, the snake takes Dorothy to Oz.

-Elvira Gulch is a woman who owns 1/2 of the county where Dorothy lives in Kansas. She is shown later in the Land of Oz transformed as a witch. Many of the Illuminati elite are rich and lead double lives. People who meet them at a ritual will see the dark side of these rich people. At the rituals, people are tranced from drugs, chanting, and mind control; they are �over the rainbow.�

-Winged monkeys in the haunted forest, harken back to the pagan cultures which placed wings on various animal idols

-The wicked witch of the west says that her question was not �to kill or not to kill� Dorothy?, but rather HOW to kill Dorothy for �these things must be done delicately.� This is exactly the attitude displayed within the Illuminati.

-The trees are alive like animals in the film. The Illuminati believe that the trees have spirits. In one of the Oz films, even the stones have personality and talk. This comes straight out of Druidism.

www.apfn.org...

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Ive heard the same thing from a friend of mine about Pink Floyd and The Wizard of Oz, but i havent personally tried it ........................yet

[Edited on 14-5-2003 by thehippiedude]

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 10:53 PM
link   
It is worth watching.Proud American is right,you should use a cd and let it play through twice.The timing of songs and visuals are amazing.
Notice when the film changes from black and white to color as Dorothy opens the door,the song Money begins to play on que.
Even the little munchkins seem to be marching to the beat of the songs.
Check it out.If nothing else both Dark Side of the Moon and The Wizard of Oz are classics.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 07:24 PM
link   
If anyone is interested I just searched for Wizard of Oz on kazaalite and found available a couple of videos with DSotM and WoZ presynchronized.

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 12:51 AM
link   
The FloydOz on Kazaa is the one my girlfriend and I downloaded and it is timed just right. It does seem to be strange that it does match as well as it does. Like the change from B/W to Color. I have never heard all the Illuminati stuff before but if anything would help explain why these two match up that would have to be as valid as anything else. Cause I can't think of any other reason why it would. But it is worth the watch. If nothing else Dark Side is a great Album and The Wiz is still a good classic flick. Also the Kazaa version makes it that much easier for those who just want to see it for themselves.

top topics

join