It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost History

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Greetings, it is my understanding that much more history has gone up in smoke than I'd like to believe. In this thread I'm accumulating information on christian efforts to dominate in religion and stating that if it were not for these actions, we would be far ahead of where we are today. What was the real reason all these sites were burned. Idols, information and other oddities unknown to modern man destroyed. They were believed to be related to the devil by Christians and were the idols of aliens? Or were there real aliens there who were viewed as the ultimate heretics? Who, what, where, when, why and how is what I am going to try and find out and prove that the real history of the Spanish conquest is actually a lost holy war with many hidden and covered up facts. Just so you know I'm not sure the beings are aliens, it's just how I refer to them.

Yucatan Peninsula

The Spanish burned the Itza library of books "containing lies of the devil", and reported later that the city had so many idols that with almost the entire army set at work, it took from nine in the morning until half past five in the evening to break them all.

Here are the Spanish Christians descending their colonial might upon a war weary, mysterious culture, spending time to destroy objects that were not gold and taking time to deal with something not rebellious. Amazing how they could record the time it took, but not what they were breaking and why it is "lies or idols of the devil". Most convenient thing I've head in my entire life. Seriously, how would they like it if I invaded their home and destroyed all their families heritage because I don't believe in god. It's no different and destroying a person's culture is instilling fear, which imo would mostly lead to rebellion as humans are rebellious in nature to begin with.

Before the arrival of Spaniards to the Yucatán Peninsula, the name of this region was el Mayab. In Mayan language, "ma' ya'ab" is translated as "a few". It was a very important region for the Mayan civilization, which reached the peak of its development on this place, where they founded the cities of Chichen Itza, Izamal, Motul, Mayapan, Ek' Balam and Ichcaanzihóo (also called T'Hó), now Mérida

"The origin of the first settlements has not been scientifically confirmed, although the presence of first humans in the area dates from the late Pleistocene or ice age (about 10,000 – 12,000 years), according to the findings in the Loltún caves and caverns of Tulum (Women of the Palms)."

Conquests

A culture this old in the area found to have significant evidence of advanced knowledge and some form of contact with aliens with some of the most amazing pyramids in the world, that was extremely hard to conquer for an army centuries ahead of their foe in weaponry. Hmm? Seems like a no brainer at this point as to why they had tried until they succeeded. The Mayans were better than them. This is true to me because this was at a time you would of been tried and killed as a heretic for your views differing from the Christians, because they wanted to be the best and dominate the world. So many things in this culture were agaisnt their views.

The Mayan - Popol Vuh, states,"Men came from the stars, knowing everything, and they examined the four corners of the sky and the Earth's round surface."

The Mayan Chilam Balaam texts stated, "Beings descended from the sky in flying vessels... white men in flying rings, who can touch the sky."

The Chicxulub crater (pron.: /ˈtʃiːkʃəluːb/ CHEEK-shə-loob; Mayan pronunciation: [tʃʼikʃuluɓ]) is a prehistoric impact crater buried underneath the Yucatán Peninsula in Mexico.[2] Its center is located near the town of Chicxulub, after which the crater is named.[3] The crater is more than 180 km (110 mi) in diameter, making the feature one of the largest confirmed impact structures on Earth; the impacting bolide that formed the crater was at least 10 km (6 mi) in diameter.

The Chicxulub crater located north of the peninsula has the rare earth element known as Iridium, which may of been harvested by technologically advanced beings, aliens seen as demons who were hunted persistently by the Christians. Which would also explain why we can longer find the aliens amongst us today, at least not without all the secrecy. This area is also known for Atlantean findings such as Edgar Cayce's predictions and various underground caves and skeleton findings as well.

So there is a lot of supporting evidence to my theory and the area being close to the Bermuda triangle I feel has relations to the theory as well, such as that there could be a Spanish ship possessing alien technology at the bottom of the sea in the area which is creating the disturbance known in the Bermuda Triangle or that maybe the aliens are still down there even to this day.

The Library of Alexandria

The Royal Library of Alexandria, or Ancient Library of Alexandria, in Alexandria, Egypt, was one of the largest and most significant libraries of the ancient world. It flourished under the patronage of the Ptolemaic dynasty and functioned as a major center of scholarship from its construction in the 3rd century BC until the Roman conquest of Egypt in 30 BC. The library was conceived and opened either during the reign of Ptolemy I Soter (323–283 BC) or during the reign of his son Ptolemy II (283–246 BC). Plutarch (AD 46–120) wrote that during his visit to Alexandria in 48 BC Julius Caesar accidentally burned the library down when he set fire to his own ships to frustrate Achillas' attempt to limit his ability to communicate by sea. After its destruction, scholars used a "daughter library" in a temple known as the Serapeum, located in another part of the city.

Ya that is believable, everybody, especially politicians tell the truth all the time when something bad happens and lets not forget the loser always writes the history.
This historical event speaks for itself, its the earliest major event of christian domination.

Wikipedia source

Wikipedia source

Source

I hope you enjoyed reading and know I will not get into a religious debate on this topic, I merely present the facts plastered over the net.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by beautyofperil

Pretty cool stuff... not denying your opinion or thoughts as they are yours.

Can't argue with the pov either.

This part ...

The Mayan - Popol Vuh, states,"Men came from the stars, knowing everything, and they examined the four corners of the sky and the Earth's round surface."

Reminds me of Genesis when it states "and the stars sang".

I keep telling my kids we are stars, maybe they will believe me when I show them the Maya said the same thing.

We hovered the Earth when it was void and without form too, well, so says Edgar Cayce.

Who knows, but the history is really not lost, one just has to look for it. Nothing in this grand Universe is ever lost.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I'm glad you liked the read and wish you well with helping your kids make healthy choices

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

In this thread I'm accumulating information on christian efforts to dominate in religion and stating that if it were not for these actions, we would be far ahead of where we are today. What was the real reason all these sites were burned. Idols, information and other oddities unknown to modern man destroyed. They were believed to be related to the devil by Christians and were the idols of aliens? Or were there real aliens there who were viewed as the ultimate heretics? Who, what, where, when, why and how is what I am going to try and find out and prove that the real history of the Spanish conquest is actually a lost holy war with many hidden and covered up facts. Just so you know I'm not sure the beings are aliens, it's just how I refer to them.

To my understanding is it was to dominate humans across the globe to a one world religion.

Religion has more power then governments do.
Once you have someone to believe and have faith in something,you have control of them.
Didn't exactly pan out,did it.
So now we have conflicts of different religions,not governments.

Nothing to do with aliens.Just people who have figured out how to make a large number of people to follow you and do what you say.

Don't drink the Kool-Aid.

edit on 3-2-2013 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Ya, there is never one right answer, it is much more complex than just this one thread, but I hope I at least got you to consider that much of religion is about covering up outside forces, as they wish to be the center of the universe.

Also imo religion solely is not the blame for conflicts it's always the people after all idea's do not declare war. And conflicts will arise of the same nature even after religion has become obsolete. There is always a different agenda and many would rather have religion take the blame than have it embraced upon themselves.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Great OP and wonderful timing.

I am hours away from pulling my daughter out of church ran pre-k. Multiple reasons I wanted her to attend and multiple reasons I want to un-enroll. I had wanted her to attend for socialization and there was such small class size, they assist with character and relationship building, crafts, games and of course the playground. She is now 5 and they have just started teaching about the immaculate deception (my words of course) of Mary. And this is why I am ready to yank her.

I actually come from a family where everyone is Baptist - hypocrites basically. Opinion from experience. My grandfather was known for opening / launching new churches across the southern states. Interestingly you would think there would have been more dedication to the church even though my g-dad passed when my mother was teen; the only reason I attended Sunday school was to allow my mom to recover from her Saturnight hangovers!

Moreover, my partner is British. His family are quite devoted Christians; where we are not. Or at least "we" weren't; I still remain on one side and he the other. They have convinced him that we may be in the end times and now he is embarking on his second week of Methodist worship. Which I guess if that's what he thinks he needs..so be it.

He finds my pursuit of answers by way of metaphysics and philosophical is close to witch craft and the "new age" is just the devil's work. There....I sigh!!!

Will be thrilled to discuss your findings with a few people tomorrow, during Sunday supper!

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by beautyofperil
reply to post by kdog1982

Ya, there is never one right answer, it is much more complex than just this one thread, but I hope I at least got you to consider that much of religion is about covering up outside forces, as they wish to be the center of the universe.

Also imo religion solely is not the blame for conflicts it's always the people after all idea's do not declare war. And conflicts will arise of the same nature even after religion has become obsolete. There is always a different agenda and many would rather have religion take the blame than have it embraced upon themselves.

If it was about food and important resources like water.
Forget the rest.Forget about religion.
It is a human problem.
Throw in some religious beliefs to strengthen the cause and you have a conflict,ie a war.

I'm out for the evening

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by mcsandy

I'm happy to have assisted you in your endeavours, good luck.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
"Men came from the stars, knowing everything, and they examined the four corners of the sky and the Earth's round surface"

LOL. ...whats the source of this rubbish?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by cowgomoo

I put a nice picture up for the source of the rubbish you speak of. It is called the Popol Vuh.
edit on 3-2-2013 by beautyofperil because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Much of history is BS because it's written by the victors.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by CristobalColonic

Much of it was also destroyed by the victors too and even the loser the in both cases of rewriting and destroying, the Taliban and Al-Qaeda for example still do it to this day.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
It's not just Christians that burn historical documents:

news.yahoo.com...

In fact, in my studies of history, its the tyrannical leaders who burn and destroy the history of the human race. Usually it's a vain attempt to grab or hold onto more power than any one individual should be allowed to have.

It is ALWAYS to our detriment that we allow these "leaders" to get away with such attrocities.

History should be shared, studied, learned from. It should never be destroyed, or "revised" in any way, shape or form. Sadly, too few of us have learned this yet. But I live in hope.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dampnickers

I know right! Like I mentioned in the thread we would be years ahead of where we are. had they just gotten along many bad things in the world would not of happened.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Um, well, you do realize that without the Catholic monks of the Middle Ages preserving it, much of Western history would have been lost, including the pagan elements.
But if you want to focus on MesoAmerica, sure the Spanish did eliminate a good bit of their history.

But if you want to look at a much more pressing suppression of actual history, you would be a lot better off looking at "progressive ideology" in the modern Western world. The "revisioning" (ie rewriting as globalist statist propaganda) of history forced through federally influenced public education and 24/7 media propaganda is far more insidious and systematic. Today's children will never have any idea concerning the truth of their nation's founding or what made it successful.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by pierregustavetoutant

thank you, but aliens are what interest me which is what I was focusing on mostly.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

You should expand on your focus. I think there is more to this lost history that bears research.

Linking that part of Mexico with sites all the way to Honduras (i.e., Puma Punka - spelling?)

How did Spain historically decimate history throughout Central America? Is there any evidence that they did?

Just curious.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by skyzeagle

First to correct you its Pumapunku and its in Bolivia, South America (Inca)

Here is a link to answer your question in short.

Spanish Conquest of Central America (1520- )

It does not specifically identify what if any historical significant findings were pillaged and or destroyed. However, the Spanish were after gold for the most part of the conquest and sacked a great deal of regions in the geography you speak of. So I've no doubt the ransacked goods made of gold and other valuables were evidence that you seek but was destroyed. But here is something of significance to your question that has supporting evidence to which the Spanish really did plunder this "alien uniqueness culture". Destroying much of their history was necessary for the Spanish as it was viewed as not cool religiously by them.

There were many such books in existence at the time of the Spanish conquest of Yucatán in the 16th century, but they were destroyed in bulk by the Conquistadors and priests soon after. In particular, all those in Yucatán were ordered destroyed by Bishop Diego de Landa in July of 1562. De Landa wrote: "We found a large number of books in these characters and, as they contained nothing in which were not to be seen as superstition and lies of the devil, we burned them all, which they (the Maya) regretted to an amazing degree, and which caused them much affliction." Such codices were primary written records of Maya civilization, together with the many inscriptions on stone monuments and stelae that survived. However, their range of subject matter in all likelihood embraced more topics than those recorded in stone and buildings, and was more like what is found on painted ceramics (the so-called 'ceramic codex'). Alonso de Zorita wrote that in 1540 he saw numerous such books in the Guatemalan highlands that “...recorded their history for more than eight hundred years back, and that were interpreted for me by very ancient Indians.” (Zorita 1963, 271-2). Fr. Bartolomé de las Casas lamented that when found, such books were destroyed: "These books were seen by our clergy, and even I saw part of those that were burned by the monks, apparently because they thought [they] might harm the Indians in matters concerning religion, since at that time they were at the beginning of their conversion." The last codices destroyed were those of Tayasal, Guatemala in 1697, the last city conquered in America.[4] With their destruction, the opportunity for insight into some key areas of Maya life has been greatly diminished.

Mayan Codices Link

The Florentine Codex is a set of 12 books created under the supervision of Bernardino de Sahagún between approximately 1540 and 1585. It is a copy of original source materials which are now lost, perhaps destroyed by the Spanish authorities who confiscated Sahagún's manuscripts. Perhaps more than any other source, the Florentine Codex has been the major source of Aztec life in the years before the Spanish conquest even though a complete copy of the codex, with all illustrations, was not published until 1979. Before then, only the censored and rewritten Spanish translation had been available.

Link Aztec Codices

I hope this answers your question to at least some degree.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Did you all hear what happened in Mali in recent days? As French troops began to enter the city of Timbuktu, Islamists set fire to several buildings, including a library containing irreplaceable historical documents. In past centuries, you see, the city had been a great center of learning. Now, it's just a city.
edit on 4-2-2013 by Lazarus Short because: lah-de-dah

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by beautyofperil
reply to post by cowgomoo

I put a nice picture up for the source of the rubbish you speak of. It is called the Popol Vuh.

Here is a translation on English which I read....could you find it there? LOL

ofcourse not. its your imagination.

www.mesoweb.com...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join