It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Author of "American Sniper" among the dead at Rough Creek

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
And:

Ms Mulhearn, 34, said the situation in Fallujah was reaching the point of an humanitarian crisis.

Many families were stuck there with few supplies because US soldiers would not allow them to leave, she said.

"Even during a so-called ceasefire, Fallujah was under siege with bombing, missiles and mortar attacks," she said.

"But the worst form of attack was the US snipers hiding on rooftops who kill hundreds of civilians as they tried to move about the city."

The official number killed in Fallujah is 600, but the total number of civilian casualties is likely much higher. The official tally only reflects those deaths reported by the cities mosques and clinics. But American snipers and bombers have killed many people while they are inside their homes.

The doctor says his ambulance was attacked multiple times as it sought to bring aid to residents stranded in their homes. Once when it was trying to retrieve dead bodies for burial and a second time when it was attempting to bring food aid to homes cut off by American snipers

"I see people carrying a white flag and yelling for us saying 'We are here' just try to save us but we cannot save them because whenever we open the ambulance they will shoot us. We try to carry food or water by constrainers. As soon as you carry food or water, the snipers shot the containers of food.

Abu Muher said US warplanes were bombing the city heavily last Saturday prior to his departure, and that Marine snipers continued to take their toll, shot after shot, on residents of the besieged city. "There were so many snipers, anyone leaving their house was killed," he recalled.

Abu Muher, along with two other men from Fallujah who arrived in Baghdad last weekend, said American warplanes had dropped cluster bombs on a road behind their houses in Fallujah. One of the men was too afraid to permit his name to be used in this article. "My neighbors saw the bomblets," he said, "and I heard the horrible sound that only the cluster bombs make when they are dropped on us. My home was hit by their shrapnel. I was too afraid to leave my home to look for myself because of the snipers."

Abdul Aziz, the 15 year-old son of Abu Muher, stated, "I saw two of my neighbors shot by US snipers when I went outside one time. I also saw some of the small cluster bombs on the ground that were dropped by the warplanes of the Americans. Most times, we were too afraid even to look out of our windows."

MR Now, we have been hearing there is a cease-fire. Is there a cease-fire in effect?

LG No, quite the opposite. Effectively they are fighting. The US has snipers around the city from the West into the center, in houses all around the main streets and are picking off people on the streets, cars and ambulances.

MR Do you mean they are actually firing on ambulances?

LG Yeah, I mean, indeed. My colleague and I and some international volunteers from the United Kingdom and the US had to take over the responsibility for getting patients out of bomb damaged hospitals to one of the remaining make-shift hospitals, which is actually a converted doctors surgery effectively - because the ambulances were being shot at by the US forces. In fact, my colleague who is not very far away from me at the moment, was in one of the last functioning ambulances in Fallujah when he was sniped driving. I think they fired four or five rounds at it, just missing him, I think the ambulance was destroyed. When we left, that was this morning, that was the last ambulance - more or less - in Fallujah.
MR What's the scene been like today? You said you left Fallujah this morning, what was it like?

LG The hospital I was at this morning had a normal night. There were Drones and Helicopters overhead scoping targets, shelling and bombing, mainly of houses in civilian areas. The wounded trickle in, but at a slow rate, it's what people can bring in. There aren't any ambulances so, if anyone has a car and can make it through the snipers, they can get someone to hospital where there are some, some, equipment, but not very much. I am now standing in the office of an Italian NGO trying to rustle up some medical aid and we have boxes of surgical equipment which they desperately need in Fallujah. They don't even have scalpels, few bandages, they don't even have anesthetics. On the question of the cease-fire, for instance, it was called on Friday just in time for noontime prayer, about 12 - 12.30. About a half an hour after cease-fire had been called I was standing outside the hospital and I saw an Iraqi man of 28 years old who was an Iraqi nurse come from another city to try and help people in Fallujah, shot through the liver by a sniper as he was unloading an ambulance.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

so everything the US says is propaganda, but anything anybody says on the other side of the line must be taken as 100% true and accurate? because "the other side" never lies. ever. only "our side" does that. right?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

A post made in another thread went here.
Here is my transfer:

Whether a lodge or firing range I did not get those details.
There was a video playing that looked unrelated as if people were caught on video surveillance
for a brief period. Just three friends and two asked another that was depressed to go to a
range to do some shooting. I got the idea that two were turned on at a shooting range.

These ranges are found at various locations and knowing a few shooters found out that
foreign security guards might show up at any time rattle off a lot of expensive shells.
My buddy picked up the shell casings after the crew left with their exercise. A lot of
people can't shoot off that many shells as being too expensive and sounds like a common
practice among the more frugal gun shooter is the pick up their own shells.

In other words getting paid to shoot with guns and shells all paid for has a big come down
when expensive weapons and ammo is beyond your reach. Whoever these high rollers
were cared less about picking up shells paid for by their government which probably
means the US paid for the drill due to the money flow.

In light of recent shooting I wonder if others were spared in the act of kindness to help out
a buddy. If he had financial problems I wonder if he had rejected shooting at that time.

ED: Sure a Lodge for firing weapon would have a practice area like a cliff.
Ed+: Staying with another family in their country house I went with them to fire off
some rifles. Low and behold we fired at old light bulbs in front of a cliff to take any
wild shots.

edit on 2/4/2013 by TeslaandLyne because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Just realized something. We're apparently talking a gun range in Texas at a resort. Unless they were the only ones at the range, how come when the one guy went whacko and shot the other two, no one else immediately shot him?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ikonoklast
Just realized something. We're apparently talking a gun range in Texas at a resort. Unless they were the only ones at the range, how come when the one guy went whacko and shot the other two, no one else immediately shot him?

The range in question is kind of remote from the main buildings. The 3 of them were the only ones on the long distance range.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shamrock6
reply to post by signalfire

so everything the US says is propaganda, but anything anybody says on the other side of the line must be taken as 100% true and accurate? because "the other side" never lies. ever. only "our side" does that. right?

Sorry for the cognitive dissonance.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
duplicate post, sorry.
edit on 4-2-2013 by signalfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Am I supposed to be angry with the vet who suffered from PTSD? Or should I be angry with Chris for thinking it was a good idea to put a gun in his hand? Or maybe I should be angry with the politicians who sent both these men to fight an unjust war.

Yes..... I'm angry with the politicians. They are the real murderers here. No, they didn't pull the trigger, but they sure as $%^& put both these men in a position to become who they are/were. Those same politicians sealed the fate of millions. One man couldn't emotionally and mentally cope with the horrors, and the other in order to protect himself from those same horrors, created a reality in which the enemy was "evil" and subhuman, so it was OK to kill them,... in fact his only wish was that he could kill more. Our "leaders" and "representatives" are responsible for creating these monsters out of ordinary men, and they brainwash us into worshiping them as heroes and gods. They are partly to blame for who they become, but most of the blame goes to the politicians.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

Originally posted by NarrowGate

No I did not ask that. That would be swills I believe.

My bad NG. Apologies .

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder ..... is a mental illness by definition.

So is trichotillomania, the urge to pull out your own hairs.

I've had a very mild form of this my whole life, no bald patches, but I still find myself plucking hairs now and then.

Do you think I'm unsafe to own a firearm because of it?

No - I do not think that having trichotillomania is enough to warrant labelling you unsafe to own a firearm.

At no point in my previous posts did I suggest that -sufferers of P.T.S.D should not own firearms.

What I did do was correct another poster who claimed that P.T.S.D was not a mental disorder.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

You might try to read up on it before making uninformed diagnoses.

I did not diagnose Eddie Routh - it was reported widely in the news media - I just highlighted the fact the PTSD is classified as a mental disorder.

I hope your Dysmenorrhea clears up for you soon.
edit on 4-2-2013 by UmbraSumus because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-2-2013 by UmbraSumus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
This whole story stinks of MK-Ultra programming.

They're going after anyone with a pro-gun national voice.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Meldionne1
He was helping a marine who had PTSD and the marine snapped and shot Chris point blank. And Chris's neighbor who was helping too.

Chief Kyle will be missed.

He was a good man and an outstanding SEAL.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by goou111

This is a sad day, as America has lost another great warrior and hero.

I hope that Eddie Ray Routh fries for it.

He will probably just get life in prison.

The Marine didn't wake up that morning and decide to snap and kill Chris.
I don't think it was premeditated. There will be a trial.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Sorry, he may be a hero to some but i totally agree with some of the posters. Who thinks it is a good idea to treat PTSD at a gun range?

He may be a hero but my god that is one dumb ass decision.

MK Ultra? Black OPs? No, just a very dumb decision that ended up backfiring horribly and costing someone their life.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TauCetixeta

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by goou111

This is a sad day, as America has lost another great warrior and hero.

I hope that Eddie Ray Routh fries for it.

He will probably just get life in prison.

The Marine didn't wake up that morning and decide to snap and kill Chris.
I don't think it was premeditated. There will be a trial.

Dude, it is Texas.
Enough said.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian
Sorry, he may be a hero to some but i totally agree with some of the posters. Who thinks it is a good idea to treat PTSD at a gun range?

He may be a hero but my god that is one dumb ass decision.

MK Ultra? Black OPs? No, just a very dumb decision that ended up backfiring horribly and costing someone their life.

He was not being treated.
Treatment is for Doctors and medical facilities.

There are stats and research showing that shooting is helping Vets with PTSD, as shooting was a big part of that life in the Military.

What does it matter even if it was a "poor" choice.
Chris did not deserve to die and was and has helped countless numbers of other vets without such issues or incidents.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Of course he didn't deserve to die.

And live fire can be good in the right conditions for treating PTSD. Clearly, these weren't the right conditions though were they? And he wasn't a Mental health Professional. Bad mix.

You don't simply drop an agoraphobe into a crowd of 40'000 people do you? Their head would explode! Similar circumstances here.

Frankly though, i am amazed that anyone suffering PTSD is allowed anywhere near a shooting range, particularly these days.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   

And live fire can be good in the right conditions for treating PTSD. Clearly, these weren't the right conditions though were they? And he wasn't a Mental health Professional. Bad mix.

No, as PTSD is not just connected to gun fire.
For me, I have seen alot of things normal people should see. 90% had nothing to do with firearms.

You don't simply drop an agoraphobe into a crowd of 40'000 people do you? Their head would explode! Similar circumstances here.

No, as there has been no correlation yet for the guys PTSD to be linked to firearms or gun fire.
He may have had an issue with Chris, and had nothing to do with firearms. Or, the guy went into a flashback, and flashbacks can be triggered by anything, and flipped out.

Frankly though, i am amazed that anyone suffering PTSD is allowed anywhere near a shooting range, particularly these days.

Again, PTSD has nothing to do with firearms.
PTSD has to do with a traumatic experience.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

And can be triggered by memories linked to where any trauma occurred. Obviously, in modern warfare, this would equate to gun fire and to shell explosions.

The link hasn't been made because that would open up them up to compensation claims. It will be ignored for as long as possible, like white phospherous was after Gulf War One. You can deny it as much as you like but the link it obvious for any that wish to see. Triggers set off memories that cause mental health problems, such as PTSD.

Again though, i will state that obviously he didn't deserve to die.

posted on Feb, 5 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I agree, that to a point, gun fire can trigger it.
It can also be triggered by smells (Some of my memories are), actions, places, items and even statements or voices of certain people.
Does that mean it is careless for me to be around anything that gives off an odor, because it may bring back memories?

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join