It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Author of "American Sniper" among the dead at Rough Creek

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by WaterBottle
reply to post by eLPresidente

lol?

Like what? Who cares if he punched Ventura or not? It's not relevant.

To the contrary, it says something about the kind of guy Chris Kyle was and the propaganda blitz the media is attempting to feed, people like you I suppose. No doubt, his murder by someone he was trying to help (IF those are the facts) is tragic but this man regardless of the Hype, was a Mass Murderer who had a history of inflating and bragging about the number of supposed enemy he killed (Sniped) at a safe distance.

This is what the Military Industrial Complex wishes to paint as Honorable Heroes:

...and don't spit any sewage about our defending our country in Iraq and Afghanistan; Iraq had no WMDs, had nothing to do with 9-11 and Afghanistan was like Iraq, all about Oil and Conquest.

FOOTNOTE: As a former Marine Corp Officer, son of a AF B52 Pilot both of who served in Vietnam and now the father two tour of Iraq Marine, my mind is full of self incrimination and guilt the more I learn of our invasions the farces behind the invasions of Vietnam, Iraq and Afghanistan. I will set WWII and even the Korean War aside as I have no first hand knowledge of these but since Vietnam, the Military Industrial Complex that Eisenhower warned us about has turned our country into the land of World Aggressors, of Bullies and Mass Murderers; there is no denying this and it is time for each person to pull back from the propaganda we are fed by the Media, those who have seized control of our Government and our enemies within and without who have convinced so many that War is Peace and Murder behind the Label of War is Good. Each, for the sake of their own souls had better think hard and dig deep for what they know is the truth about what is "Good, Right, Just and Moral" because you sure as hell are not going to hear it from the War Profiteers but each of us will certainly pay the price for our participation directly and as accessories. If you do not speak up against Evil, you are standing quietly For Evil.

edit on 4-2-2013 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:38 AM
link   

reply to post by eLPresidente

lol?

Like what? Who cares if he punched Ventura or not? It's not relevant.

Its not about punching, its about why the sniper claimed to punch Ventura when Ventura wasn't even anywhere near that bar.

The questions to ask are:
is it possible that he was told to set up Ventura
is it possible he was going to roll in court.

Answers would be, yes and yes. And I bet Ventura, the one that initiated the lawsuit, would agree.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MajorKarma

I agree with most of what you stay but eff off on calling us a "murderous" species. that kind of talk leads to self hatred. there is plenty of good in the world but everyone and everything focuses on our destructive nature.

Movies,, shows and articles about killing interest people.. so that is what is put in your face.

There is plenty of good in this world. Quite a bit of it. So easy buddy easy. You are becoming what you hate by talking that way
edit on 4-2-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

Originally posted by NarrowGate

Stop labeling our veterans as having a mental disorder

Now that I graciously corrected my error attributing another members comment to you - would you care to correct your error ?

What does the D ..... in P.T.S.D. stand for ?

Dysmenorrhea is also a disorder, but is it a mental illness? Nope. Just ask the millions of women who are struck with it.

It's not necessarily permanent either. People can get it from a mere death of a family member. It's just a fancy name for experiencing stress.
You might try to read up on it before making uninformed diagnoses.

PTSD symptoms may result when a traumatic event causes an over-reactive adrenaline response, which creates deep neurological patterns in the brain. These patterns can persist long after the event that triggered the fear, making an individual hyper-responsive to future fearful situations.[4][28] During traumatic experiences the high levels of stress hormones secreted suppress hypothalamic activity which may be a major factor towards the development of PTSD.[29]
PTSD causes biochemical changes in the brain and body that differ from other psychiatric disorders such as major depression

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 4-2-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
For some years now, there have been government security documents circulating that identify returning vets as potential domestic terrorists or potential mental health risks due to PTSD, with a corresponding push to deny them them their 2nd amendments rights. There has also been a strong push to convince people that armed guards and armed citizens are not a solution to defend against criminals with guns.

Maybe this latest incident was a setup or conspiracy or maybe it was just an unfortunate coincidence with very bad timing. But it's interesting that it gives those who are pushing new laws and Executive Orders exactly what they need to argue the new laws should be even stronger.

I predict that the incident will be used to claim that returning vets with PTSD should be denied 2nd amendment rights and that media will be happy to point out that even someone as highly trained as America's deadliest sniper could not use his own gun(s) to successfully defend himself against an armed assailant. In fact I predict such arguments will dominate the headlines over the next few weeks.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

You've never been to a Tunisian wedding have you?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ikonoklast
For some years now, there have been government security documents circulating that identify returning vets as potential domestic terrorists or potential mental health risks due to PTSD, with a corresponding push to deny them them their 2nd amendments rights. There has also been a strong push to convince people that armed guards and armed citizens are not a solution to defend against criminals with guns.

Maybe this latest incident was a setup or conspiracy or maybe it was just an unfortunate coincidence with very bad timing. But it's interesting that it gives those who are pushing new laws and Executive Orders exactly what they need to argue the new laws should be even stronger.

I predict that the incident will be used to claim that returning vets with PTSD should be denied 2nd amendment rights and that media will be happy to point out that even someone as highly trained as America's deadliest sniper could not use his own gun(s) to successfully defend himself against an armed assailant. In fact I predict such arguments will dominate the headlines over the next few weeks.

I agree with you, I think a lot of these incidents are at least being played up by the media to promote the gun control agenda.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
You know, while this could be a random shooting, it's one of those things you are warned about. Repeatedly.

If you spray your name around, and what you've been up to, it paints a target on your back. You have to understand that as an SOC operator you're screwing mortally with government level entities. It's all fun and games until they figure out YOU were involved with [fill in the blank]. At that point, they've got relatively deep pockets to find you and deliver some personal payback.

That's why when you see real SF interviewed on TV, they take off their name tapes, and they introduce themselves by their first names - Sergeant Tom, Sergeant Mike and so on, they don't give their hometowns and they don't give you a lot of identifying info.

Consider - if you were SOC, would you want someone with millions of bucks to spend on the task finding out who your Mom was, or your wife, or kids? Do you want your five year old daughter's last sight to be some #hole whittling her head off with a machete because of something you did last year? Want to get a thumb drive in the mail with your Mom starring in a snuff video? "HA HA Sergeant Tom, remember when you did THIS last year? Now it is your turn to cry! (whack!)"

THAT is why you don't give your IRL name, unit, ODA number or what not in the open on a forum, or on a book, or news release. Screw that. Life is short enough without worrying about that sort of thing.

I would never guess that these are random

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by MajorKarma

People like me? I despise the guy and agree with everything you said.

edit on 4-2-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by WaterBottle

You've never been to a Tunisian wedding have you?

No. What is your point? A guy riding around on in the USA, shooting guns in the air (a dangerous action) screaming Osama's dead!!!! woooooo!!! has absolutely nothing to do with a foreign wedding.
edit on 4-2-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

This is a sad day, as America has lost another great warrior and hero.

I hope that Eddie Ray Routh fries for it.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

I'm not sure that dying from a shooting as a civilian is what I would call "dying of something normal"... but considering the latest shooting trend in the US... hey, maybe it turned "normal"...

I guess I could have worded that differently.

Being shot to death isn’t normal. It is fairly normal on any given weekend in Texas to be at a gun range. My point was that he was doing something normal when he died rather than creeping around deep inside enemy territory in Afghanistan taking out high value targets (very dangerous) like he did for many years of his life.

Nice attempt at working in the gun debate issue!

RIP Kyle!

edit on 4-2-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ikonoklast

Sad to say, but they have no problem throwing logic out the window. I hope you are wrong.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The evidence backing up Kyle's tall tale seems rather weak:

www.twincities.com...
Kyle's attorneys include sworn statements from six current or former SEAL team members who were there, along with the mothers of two dead SEALs who also were at the bar.
They describe a loutish and rude Ventura who seemed preoccupied with talking about himself. But of the lot, only one claims to have actually heard Ventura make the comment about "you deserve to lose a few" and saw Kyle punch the former governor.
That SEAL, Jeremiah Dinnell, said that Ventura "was being a jackass" and that his words went too far.
"That's when Chris punched him," Dinnell wrote...

In other words, of eight witnesses for the defense, seven did NOT back up Kyle's claims. And when the defense lawyer claims there might have been a Jesse Ventura impostor, then you know they are getting desperate:

www.twincities.com...
A lawyer for the ex-Navy SEAL sniper who is being sued for defamation by Minnesota's former governor over an alleged punch argued Tuesday, Dec. 18, that in order to claim punitive damages, Ventura must prove the former SEAL didn't punch someone who "looked and acted like Ventura."....
"They can't rule out the possibility there was a Ventura impersonator," Borger told U.S. Magistrate Arthur Boylan in the pretrial hearing in federal court in Minneapolis.

pic of the arrested murder suspect:

The logo for Kyle's private security company is positively satanic:
www.thecraft.com...

"Violence does solve problems?"

"The crosshair symbolizes his time spent on a sniper rifle and is also in the form of a templar cross to symbolize his faith."

And what faith might that be? Weren't the Templars accused of blasphemous, satanic practices? And what kind of 'Craft' might he be referring to? Sounds like Kyle messed around with the forces of darkness, and, as so often happens, get burned in the process.

/
edit on 4-2-2013 by starviego because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by starviego

Those symbols are not Satanic. References to secret societies? Maybe. Still, the Templars were never blasphemous Satan worshipers - ever. They have, however, been fighting Islamic extremists for quite a while now. Time to go do some reading.

They were screwed over by a king and the Church has admitted this mistake.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarrowGate
reply to post by starviego

Those symbols are not Satanic. References to secret societies? Maybe. Still, the Templars were never blasphemous Satan worshipers - ever. They have, however, been fighting Islamic extremists for quite a while now. Time to go do some reading.

They were screwed over by a king and the Church has admitted this mistake.

Why feed the troll???

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
his company logo was actually designed from a variety of different sources all thrown together. the phrase 'violence does solve problems' is god only knows how old around the military. the entire quote came from another member of his SEAL team. the skull was his team's emblem on deployments. and the crosshair is because he was a) a Christian and b) a sniper. do some research maybe?

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness123

What goes around, comes around.

Don't feel bad for him one second.

Yes. This man killed so many people and he boasted of his achievement as something to be proud of. I remember thinking at the time I came across the story that I was looking forward to his day coming.

nice man, so you're a better person than he was, or anybody else thats fought for something, because you wished him dead? stay classy dude.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
From Kyle's book:

It was my duty to shoot, and I don't regret it. The woman was already dead. I was just making sure she didn't take any Marines with her. It was clear that not only did she want to kill them, but she didn't care about anybody else nearby who would have been blown up by the grenade or killed in the firefight. Children on the street, people in the houses, maybe her child... She was too blinded by evil to consider them. She just wanted Americans dead, no matter what. My shots saved several Americans, whose lives were clearly worth more than that woman's twisted soul. I can stand before God with a clear conscience about doing my job. But I truly, deeply hated the evil that woman possessed. I hate it to this day. Savage, despicable evil. That's what we were fighting in Iraq. That's why a lot of people, myself included, called the enemy "savages." There really was no other way to describe what we encountered there. People ask me all the time, "How many people have you killed?" My standard response is, "Does the answer make me less, or more, of a man?" The number is not important to me. I only wish I had killed more. Not for bragging rights, but because I believe the world is a better place without savages out there taking American lives. Everyone I shot in Iraq was trying to harm Americans or Iraqis loyal to the new government.

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Another view:

A Pentagon group has encouraged some U.S. military snipers in Iraq to target suspected insurgents by scattering pieces of "bait," such as detonation cords, plastic explosives and ammunition, and then killing Iraqis who pick up the items, according to military court documents.

The classified program was described in investigative documents related to recently filed murder charges against three snipers who are accused of planting evidence on Iraqis they killed.

"Baiting is putting an object out there that we know they will use, with the intention of destroying the enemy," Capt. Matthew P. Didier, the leader of an elite sniper scout platoon attached to the 1st Battalion of the 501st Infantry Regiment, said in a sworn statement. "Basically, we would put an item out there and watch it. If someone found the item, picked it up and attempted to leave with the item, we would engage the individual as I saw this as a sign they would use the item against U.S. Forces."

In documents obtained by The Washington Post from family members of the accused soldiers, Didier said members of the U.S. military's Asymmetric Warfare Group visited his unit in January and later passed along ammunition boxes filled with the "drop items" to be used "to disrupt the AIF attempts at harming Coalition Forces and give us the upper hand in a fight."

Eugene Fidell, president of the National Institute of Military Justice, said such a baiting program should be examined "quite meticulously" because it raises troubling possibilities, such as what happens when civilians pick up the items.

"In a country that is awash in armaments and magazines and implements of war, if every time somebody picked up something that was potentially useful as a weapon, you might as well ask every Iraqi to walk around with a target on his back," Fidell said.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join