It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man caught trying to enter Germany with $70 mil. check ID'd as Iran's former central bank chief

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Man caught trying to enter Germany with a $70 million check identified as Iran's former central bank chief

bigstory.ap.org

REPORT: GERMAN CHECK BUST MAN IS EX-IRAN BANK HEAD

BERLIN (AP) — The German newspaper Bild am Sonntag reports that a man caught last month trying to enter Germany with a check worth about $70 million was Iran's former central bank chief.

The weekly reports that customs officials at Duesseldorf airport found the check in Tahmasb Mazaheri's luggage Jan. 21 upon his arrival from Turkey.

German customs had issued a statement Friday saying a check for 300 million Venezuelan Bolivars issued by the Bank of Venezuela was found on an unnamed 59-year-old man.
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2/2/2013 by UberL33t because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Well this is interesting. Iran's bank head (recently ordered dismissed) shows up in Germany and is busted with a $70 million dollar check.

Bild am Sonntag reported in its Sunday edition that German police and customs are investigating possible money laundering.

You don't say? Seems to me there is an awful lot more to this story than meets the eye, or what we'll hear from the MSM for that matter.

(Note to Mods: the title of the thread was from breakingnews.com (in which there is no direct link) was a little longer than the 99 character limit as written, as well, when I linked to the AP site the title was different on the actual site. If need be the title can be edited as it appears on the AP site. But for the sake of proof here is a screen shot of the breakingnews.com headline)

bigstory.ap.org
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 2/2/2013 by UberL33t because: tags

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
My question is what is wrong with having a check on you? if it is his money whop cares. Iran is doing nothing wrong U.S just has a agenda to push, all of their resources sure would be nice wouldnt they.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Wouldnt that be great if he spent that money in germany helping their economy?

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Newagekid2012
My question is what is wrong with having a check on you? if it is his money whop cares. Iran is doing nothing wrong U.S just has a agenda to push, all of their resources sure would be nice wouldnt they.

Perhaps, but then there was this just a few days ago...

Iran Court Rules Central Bank Chief Should Be Dismissed

An Iranian court ruled that Central Bank Governor Mahmoud Bahmani should be dismissed over illegal movements of money in the banking system, a charge denied by the central bank, state-run media reported.

An Iranian court ruled, I don't know that the U.S. is involved in this one per se. Seems no country is safe from the Bernie Madoff types in this world, seemingly not even Iran.
edit on 2/2/2013 by UberL33t because: tags

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

and of course the question is :

why was this person searched well enough to find a cheque ?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
It will be interesting to read Ben Fulfords take on this.

He is always keen to report these types of activities, good and bad...

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
He was recently kicked out of his job,so I would say he is trying to pinch the money for himself,from his former employers.

Nice try...

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
dont understand why he didnt stitch it inside his trousers, they are not going to find that. If this guy is too dumb to smuggle a bit of paper through customs, then theres probably a reason he got sacked. Unless he gets asylum and protection somewhere he is probably going to be plane crashed pretty soon.

Dont think Iranian banks really tolerate ex employess stealing 70 million dollars.
edit on 3-2-2013 by Tuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by UberL33t

and of course the question is :

why was this person searched well enough to find a cheque ?

If I had an Iranian passport, I would fully expect to get a pretty thorough search anytime I crossed a border....especially in Europe.

Just sayin

posted on Feb, 4 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
The religion of crooks

Joking...

Another bent banker, the same the world over...

new topics

top topics

join