It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about meditating?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Hello everybody, and a special hello to all Mancunians :p. I have some questions for you, and I hope to get some straight answers, otherwise I'm gonna lose what's left of my powers of thinking. A couple of months ago I started trying meditation. I just did, I didn't have a particular reason, let's say it just came to me..... Anyway, the truth is I find it really difficult to maintain my concentration, just because random thoughts won't stop coming in my brain and messing up everything. It's quite frustrating, and till this day I couldn't find a solution. I've also tried a couple of other methods, such as meditating whilst listening to binaural beats, or native american tribal songs, and even under the influence of [pharmaceuticals]. I only smoke when I want to sleep for a long time, I'm not like others that do it just for fun or any other reasons. I have to say that meditating and smoking for me seems to work better than other methods, but if you guys that know more have any advice on that, or think could be negative, I'm waiting for your sugestions. I'm on a quest now into opening my third eye. I did some research, watched a couple of docu's and it seems really interesting, so, if you could also help me with that. Thanks for your time, and I'm waiting eagerly to see what you have to say....

edit on 19-2-2013 by Gazrok because: Edited to remove the name of an illegal drug

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Me again.... Does anybody know how I could move this thread in a more appropriate section? Something like "meditation" perhaps. Thank you....

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by leopayaso1987

Well first I would edit your OP quickly... talking about drug use is strictly prohibited here...

Second... try and just "watch" your thoughts as they come and pass... make no opinions of them, only regard these thoughts as you would a wave passing in the surf.

You might want to find a mantra that works for you as well... I recommend Haaaam-saaaa, which mirrors your breathing...

I would also recommend Chakra meditation but find what works best for yourself...

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by leopayaso1987

The first and biggest mistake in meditation is to have desire, for example to gain third eye.

IMHO, your goal should be to lose attachments to this world. The power will come to you the deeper you go.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Thank you for your advices. I will try to do some more research on mantras and opening the chakras. Thing is, wirking 6 days, 13h each day in a freakin' takeaway, plus adding all the other stuff as insomnia, stress and worries will make it a very hard job. I wouldn't like to get in argument with you, but, I was reffering to marijuana as a something natural, considering that it grows from the Earth. Anyway, i will remember your advice and try not to mention it anymore. Thank you again

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by dodol

I know I've heard that before, but it's so darn difficult not desiring something. I'm gonna try concentrating more and see how it will go. Thank you, all the best

join