It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 people stabbed in random attack in Vancouver

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
22 is good for professionals because a 22 with subsonic rounds and a silencer is about as quiet as you get when it comes to guns.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by lnfideI

LOng gun shootings in the states are rare are they not in comparison to hand gun deaths?

Actually very rare... ALL rifles, including .22 rifles is under 400 compared to 8000 handguns and 800 shotguns.

Outside of Afghanistan, I fear the .223/556/7.62 as much as I fear getting hit by a 50 BMG...

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Outside of Afghanistan, I fear the .223/556/7.62 as much as I fear getting hit by a 50 BMG...

Lol, you want the fear? You should come over when I ask my dumbass roommate to clean the loaded 50 bmg.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
7 people get stabbed and all you guys can think about is how the situation would have been better/worse if guns were involved. Grow some goddamn empathy.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
7 people get stabbed and all you guys can think about is how the situation would have been better/worse if guns were involved. Grow some goddamn empathy.

Grow up and get over it.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

Witnesses say it was all black and it may have been fully semi automatic.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Thanks for helping the anti gunners cause...
This shows us that a crazy with a knife would have much harder time taking many lives than he would if he had a gun.

All it would take for this to stop is to have well trained individual take them out. Hell anyone with balls could have taken them out..just rush the fool.

So thanks OP...showing how much life would be better without guns...you have much better odds of living if attacked by knife..

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

You needed someone to show you that?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   

B.C. chief mourns son shot by police by The Canadian Press - Story: 86811 Feb 1, 2013 / 9:05 pm The chief of a prominent B.C. First Nation says his son was the man who was shot and killed by police earlier this week in the Vancouver suburb of north Burnaby. The Independent Investigations Office, which probes police incidents involving death or serious harm, says the shooting occurred early Thursday while police were answering a 911 call about a man with a knife Forty-five-year-old Ryan Jacob succumbed to his injuries soon after being transported to Vancouver General Hospital. Chief Gibby Jacob says Ryan was his son, and the death has sent a shock wave through his family and the community He says Ryan was a loving father, brother, uncle, nephew, cousin, sportsman and an artist. The coroners service and the Independent Investigations Office are looking into the case.

For those of you who do not know "first nations" means he is an Indian. While the OP's event is much worse, this is another sadly right around the same time. He sounded like a perfectly happy guy, just like a regular gun owner in the USA. It goes to show anybody can snap and cause unfortunate events with any weapons available, and people are resourceful, take away guns, they will probaly use a knife, bow or another easily accessible weapon that does not kill quickly as a gun. If my random attacker was on me I hope to god he has a gun for my sake, a lot higher chance I'm not gonna bleed to death or die agonizingly from being bludgeond. And besides cops abuse their rights on the average citizen more than necessary all the time (I know from experience.) If its a "free country" than you should be granted your freedom of choice to give a fair fight (Like the one man restraint and held face down in the airport and than the other cop continuing tasered him till he was dead). Anyways, Fight fire with fire, kill the criminals, kill the problem and after that just watch out for drunk people, they crazy, they f'n crazy. Don't take away the guns I say. They couldn't anyways.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

Nope,,..

You know this thread was meant as a thread for gun crazies..yet it comes off for the anti gunners.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans

Originally posted by TsukiLunar

Grow up and get over it.

Get over what?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   
reply to post by kerazeesicko

No.

I think what the OP is trying to get through to all the gun grabbers is this:

Imagine Indiana Jones being any one of those victims.

If Obama get's rid of his guns, then we will get rid of ours........

edit on 3-2-2013 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by FirstCasualty

You're right. This is not a gun platform. I actually live up the street from where this happened, kitty corner to me. All this was was some guy invited over to someone's place and he snapped. It really isn't a mental health issue, but most likely a drug psychosis episode. If he had a gun, people would be dead.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by RoScoLaz
any fool comes towards me swinging a knife will get smashed down with the nearest chair, table or whatever is available. terminate with extreme prejudice.

I quite agree, use the enviroment around you if necessary to defend and protect your life.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
So it is better for humans to be chopped up, slice through, have their arteries and veins cut up, intestines ripped out, maimed, crippled by the knife than to be shot at, and a very lucky shot at that to kill?

Get a grip, folks. It is not about weapons. It is the mental health mankind needs to deal with, seriously! or only more of such incidents will continue to pile up even higher.
edit on 3-2-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
So it is better for humans to be chopped up, slice through, have their arteries and veins cut up, intestines ripped out, maimed, crippled by the knife than to be shot at, and a very lucky shot at that to kill?

Get a grip, folks. It is not about weapons. It is the mental health mankind needs to deal with, seriously! or only more of such incidents will continue to pile up even higher.

I think you're embellishing a little. What you're describing is a butcher, not a stabbing. And like I said in my previous post, this doesn't sound like a mental health issue but more like drug psychosis. Personally, I would prefer to take my chances against someone with a knife. I'm speaking from experience too. Been stabbed with a sword when I was 19 three times. 2x in the chest and once right through the leg. I still fought back and I am alive to tell about it.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I of course consider the OP a parody of the numerous 'ban guns' threads cluttering ATS, with an intention to show that banning something 'good guys' use will not stop 'bad guys' as only the 'good guys' will hand them in.

Interesting attempt, although rather clumsily carried out, due to obvious reasons such as guns have only two uses, shooting to kill/wound, or shooting to practise recreationally. Knives on the other hand carry out numerous useful tasks.

What amuses me, after reading the background story in the OP, is it seems this thread can only leave readers of the opinion that had the attacker been carrying a gun it would have been a case of more fatality than injury.
Parody fail I say

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I hope the OP is better with his gun than he is with sarcasm.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Wonder if it was a High Capacity Assault Knife?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by FlySolo

I can qoute you real life examples of men whom face GPMGs at close range and yet, did not have a shot on their bodies.

Your experiences will propably list you as one lucky individual, but then not many will be as lucky as you or the ones facing guns.

Let's not distract from the root problem with weapon tales, for no one can deny any weapon can maim, cripple, hurt, or kill, as even a tiny matchstick when struck in an apartment filled with leaked gas can do the job. Such items are only tools of violence.

The root problem is NOT weapons, any weapons and tools, BUT are mental health issues, regardless if inherently born with it or drug induced.

I say again, if we REFUSED to acknowledge and correct the root problem which IS mental health, dead innocent bodies will continue to pile up around the world.

NOT all mentally ill humans will become mass slaughterers, BUT no human will claim that those who conduct mass slaughterings are sane, no matter how well planned out it had been.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join