It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7 people stabbed in random attack in Vancouver

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed

I want my kids to be safe from knife wielding maniacs don't YOU!?!?!

Absolutely. And the ONLY way to stop criminals who do not obey the law, is obviously to ban all knives in an act that only law abiding non-criminals will obey!

LOGIC!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister

Originally posted by yourmaker

That's funny, I'm from Vancouver and the concern for the moment isn't knives,
it's gun wielding 'gangsters' who execute each other weekly.

So unless you are a gangster you shouldn't have anything to worry about right? You don't need a gun, a sword or even martial arts to protect yourself from a maniac with a knife. If you're paranoid just get some OC.

edit on 2/2/2013 by cripmeister because: (no reason given)

OC?

This attack was random, the perfect time to use martial arts.

I'm no gangster but I am still at risk, however remote.

One of those gangsters was murdered literally 500m up the street with a silenced pistol and on the other side of my house 2 more were shot a couple weeks ago.

I'm not paranoid, it's a legit concern. I've been threatened before.
And people's homes are still being invaded here as well.

I don't need a gun. Or a knife. I can kick people in the face.. which is what I would do if put into that situation.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Don't you guys have cops?

I thought your criminals up there in Canada respected the law when they go on killing sprees.

what gives?

Criminals aren't bound by international borders and identity. They are global in nature.

And I for one wouldn't call the cops unless there was a huge gun battle going on that couldn't be quickly de-escalated with a quick crudely made pipe bomb.. I try and maintain a sense of independence if I can help it.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

Ohhh well, we tried.

My kids made the same point you did and they are 14 and 9.
I have to wonder why a 9 year old comes up with this point on his own yet there are ALOT of "adults" who can't seem to wrap their heads around it.

Oh well,
all I can say is,
If we don't ALL unite and realize who the REAL enemy is then we are ALL screwed!

HINT:
It isn't inanimate objects or crazy people.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
en.m.wikipedia.org...

Knife laws by country.
Canada's knife laws are a lot less complicated than the US's, I guess because there are a lot less provinces than there are states (plus we like to keep it simple
)

Chances are, if this was just a regular knife (not a switch or similar ), as long as it wasn't concealed, it was probably legal.
Slashing or stabbing at people though, is not.....

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

If knives were illegal to own then this couldn't have happened.
If I weren't disinclined towards ad hominem attacks, I'd call you a goof for trivialising a nasty situation, just to advance your own pro-gun agenda.

But being a polite Canadian, I won't do that.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

OC?

OC is pepper spray.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   

This is getting out of hand!
I can not tell you how many of these knife attack stories I have come across lately.
SOMETHING MUST BE DONE!!!!

I propose a ban on assault knives. There is just no need for the knives we have today, they are instruments of death.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Would you rather be stabbed or would you rather take a .223 round to the chest?

I'm going to have to ask how big the knife is on this one.
A .223 round is little more than a .22

am I wearing a winer coat?
So many variables to consider.

Dude, thats just wrong.

Saying a .223 is like a .22 is like saying getting punched in the face is like getting slapped.

.223 packs a LOT of energy because it is such a high velocity round. It is not designed to fragment inside you,it is meant to punch cleanly through you.

Not much of a difference here is there.

.223 with a 45 grain bullet at 3,600 fps this equates to 1295 ft. lbs of energy
.22 with a 29 grain bullet at 1,045 fps this equates to 70 ft. lbs. of energy

I have been watching you, and I think it is high time you grounded yourself and kept it real.

Thanks.
edit on 3-2-2013 by lnfideI because: keeping head cases in line

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by lnfideI

It is all good.
Just a lively debate.
Don't take it so seriously.
Life is too short.
You never know when some maniac with an assult knife is going to take you out.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

reply to post by lnfideI

It is all good.
Just a lively debate.
Don't take it so seriously.
Life is too short.
You never know when some maniac with an assult knife is going to take you out.

I lay in bed sometimes and pray for the day some maniac tries to take me out.

I,m all gamey.

I hope those folks in Van (what? on the pot block or the legal injection site?) willmake a speedy recovery and that no one lost a go nad over this incident.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by lnfideI

lol that is classic. Yeah and my 8mm mouser round is a WHOLE mm smaller than an 9mm so its basically a pop gun

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans
reply to post by lnfideI

lol that is classic. Yeah and my 8mm mouser round is a WHOLE mm smaller than an 9mm so its basically a pop gun

I know, and the whole thing is making me drool on my new shirt.

I don't know if any of you have been to Van city.

There are certain sections there that are very rough. Doped out losers injecting bleach into their eyes n such. Hookers puffing right out in the open, pot? no worries, pick a shop. Need to shoot up some Ts N Rs? no worries, they have a spot for that as well.

So it surprises me not when some kook starts ventilating their buddies with butter knives.

I sail out of RVYC (Royal Victoria Yacht Club) so am around Van city more than I would want to.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by lnfideI

Well thank god he didn't have a gun like an American, because then he could have shot seven people, right?

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Isn't there anything we can do to make sure that crazy people can't get access to a knife?

Help me brainstorm for solutions here people.
This HAS TO STOP!!!!!

Why should it stop? People are people and some are crazy... I could say something smart like ban knives, but I think whether we are talking guns or knives we need to look at society as to why they want to do it in the first place. So in America we have about 330 million people...guess what, some are crazy F....s People are going to die no matter what, and in societies where 90% of the people are about as defenseless as a kitten it will happen.

I would bet back 100 years if someone pulled a knife, most would just laugh....

edit on 3-2-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by lnfideI
Hookers puffing right out in the open,

Well if your avatar is you then having hookers puff would be a God sent to you....

JKing

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   

I have been watching you, and I think it is high time you grounded yourself and kept it real.

What you say is very true, but did you know that the .22 is the preferred weapon of a professional hit? It kills quite nicely and more importantly can be made totally silent... now if you wanted to kill someone at 500 meters the .223 is good, but then how many people are killed every year with a .223 much less at 100 plus meters?

In America it is about 50 and at 100 plus meters most likely zero.... I would fear that little bullet more than the big one....IMHO

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Hookers puffing right out in the open,

Well if your avatar is you then having hookers puff would be a God sent to you....

JKing

When the wind blows its a god send to me, so its OK.

Its me when I was young N handsome and feeling my wild oats.

Wanna meat for a milkshake some night?

We could meat in Van city and you could leave your knives at home with your mom if want to be a perfect gentleman.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   

We could meat in Van city and you could leave your knives at home with your mom if want to be a perfect gentleman.

Dude I'm American, so I have more guns than I can use... I would never be the guy that brought a knife to a gun fight...hehe

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

What you say is very true, but did you know that the .22 is the preferred weapon of a professional hit? It kills quite nicely and more importantly can be made totally silent... now if you wanted to kill someone at 500 meters the .223 is good, but then how many people are killed every year with a .223 much less at 100 plus meters?

In America it is about 50 and at 100 plus meters most likely zero.... I would fear that little bullet more than the big one....IMHO

You always have feared the big one,I told you it would only hurt for the first little while. IMHO.

I agree with the silent .22 thing and being preferable. But you need to be right ON TOP of someone to pull it off like that. Even HV .22 (hi velocity) has no punching power, drops almost immediately and at 50 yrs is not a very effective round.

LOng gun shootings in the states are rare are they not in comparison to hand gun deaths?

Anyhow, back on target (lol)

That whacky ole Vancouver again eh? oh well.

Goodnight.

Remember this always OK?

P is for Peter.
edit on 3-2-2013 by lnfideI because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join