7 people stabbed in random attack in Vancouver

page: 1
11
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Link






VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) -- Police say a man ran through the hallways of a Vancouver apartment building, slashing seven people in what they believe was a completely random attack,

Sgt. Randy Fincham said Friday seven people were injured in the high rise building on the city's west end during the attack Thursday night. Six people were taken to hospital and one woman remains in critical condition. Another bystander was treated at the scene and released.




This is getting out of hand!
I can not tell you how many of these knife attack stories I have come across lately.
SOMETHING MUST BE DONE!!!!

Isn't there anything we can do to make sure that crazy people can't get access to a knife?

Help me brainstorm for solutions here people.
This HAS TO STOP!!!!!

On a side note,
I am sure every single one of those people without exception are glad they didn't have a gun on them at the time.
I know that our fellow gun grabbers would have felt the same way too. They would have just ended up accidentally shooting abd killing every other random citizen within a 5 mile radius EXCEPT for the knife wielding maniac.

Right?


edit on 2-2-2013 by Screwed because: (no reason given)




posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed
 


Imagine of those people were shot. Maybe they are lucky it was a knife. That's when a bigger knife comes handy.

A gun may have helped either side. Who's to say, I suppose.



posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
There is a problem yes.

But it is the suicide bombers we have got to watch out for.



posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   
any fool comes towards me swinging a knife will get smashed down with the nearest chair, table or whatever is available. terminate with extreme prejudice.



posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
reply to post by Screwed
 


Maybe they are lucky it was a knife.


Tell that to them.
I am sure they would rather live in a world where knives were inaccessible to maniacs and ruffians like this.
Do you want YOUR kids to be stabbed with a knife????
I know I don't!!!!

If we refuse to do anything about this then we might as well support killing kids with knives.



posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed
 


Was it an assault knife, by chance?



posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Its just too bad that all of the victims werent carrying a firearm to defend against the attacker. Neutralize the threat quickly. Or prevent it from even happening at all.

Degenerates in society will always be among us. Good guys will always be subject to being victims if they are not allowed the means to defend against said degenerates of society who will never become extinct.

Gun restrictions hurt the good. Only Bad Guys and Traitors fantasize about strict gun control. We have a few Bad Guys and Traitors here at these forums...

[color=skyblue]"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined or determined to commit crimes. Such laws only make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assassins; they serve to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." --Thomas Jefferson

I wonder if the Bad Guys and Traitors here, whom are Pro-gun-control, actually think that they are wiser than Thomas Jefferson.


edit on 2-2-2013 by ResistTreason because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
What caliber knife?



posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus
reply to post by Screwed
 


Was it an assault knife, by chance?


See, that is a great question.
It doesn't specifically say one way or the other in the article but how could you possibly stab that many people with just a single stab knife?

It MUST have been an assult knife.
There is no way he would have gotten off that many stabs with just a regular steak knife.
It is becoming painfully clear to me what needs to be done.

The problem is these military style assult knives people have such easy access to.


edit on 2-2-2013 by Screwed because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed
 



You're wasting your time, as evidenced by the "bigger knife" comment. Anti gun folk are just never going to see the value of being able to protect yourself vs waiting for help. Police usually get there juuust in time to call the coroner before you get cold. They think as long as law abiding gun owners get rid of theirs, that will make us safe from all the bad guys with guns.



posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
Link






VANCOUVER, British Columbia (AP) -- Police say a man ran through the hallways of a Vancouver apartment building, slashing seven people in what they believe was a completely random attack,

Sgt. Randy Fincham said Friday seven people were injured in the high rise building on the city's west end during the attack Thursday night. Six people were taken to hospital and one woman remains in critical condition. Another bystander was treated at the scene and released.




This is getting out of hand!
I can not tell you how many of these knife attack stories I have come across lately.
SOMETHING MUST BE DONE!!!!

Isn't there anything we can do to make sure that crazy people can't get access to a knife?

Help me brainstorm for solutions here people.
This HAS TO STOP!!!!!

On a side note,
I am sure every single one of those people without exception are glad they didn't have a gun on them at the time.
I know that our fellow gun grabbers would have felt the same way too. They would have just ended up accidentally shooting abd killing every other random citizen within a 5 mile radius EXCEPT for the knife wielding maniac.

Right?


edit on 2-2-2013 by Screwed because: (no reason given)


Well I guess if I was scared out of my mind like you appear to be then I would do something outright paranoid like buy a gun and carry it everywhere...

This is not a gun rights platform. Sorry if your confused. Vancouver has SERIOUS mental health problems with the closure of large mental facilities, lack of subsidized housing and a blind eye towards the drug trade. This might be shock to you but allowing a region that has a serious problem with mental health a constitutional right to carry a firearm might be considered utter madness.
edit on 2-2-2013 by FirstCasualty because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ResistTreason
I wonder if the Bad Guys and Traitors here, whom are Pro-gun control, actually think that they are wiser than Thomas Jefferson.



The dumb ones do. The smarter ones know they are not and would look stupid to try and say so, so will just downplay the significance of the quote by claiming "different times", or try to skew what the quote actually means into something that serves their agenda.
edit on 2/2/2013 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)



posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
The sort of knife isn't important if the assailant was an expert in these UK attack skills as taught to trained ninjas.

#



posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Quote

".......
Social media erupted Friday with discussion of the attacks, with many users expressing relief that the suspect did not have a gun. [Sgt. Randy] Fincham agreed.

“It appears this person used whatever tools he had access to, to do the damage that he did in that building,” he said. “I’d hate to see how much damage would have been done if this person had access to a firearm.”
....."



posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Your not doing your side of the argument any favors. In fact you're just admitting that if the guy had been wielding a high power rifle we would have been talking about 6 dead people and 1 critically injured.

Would you rather be stabbed or would you rather take a .223 round to the chest?



posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed
 


No one wants anyone to be injured!

As far as my child.....or anyone else's in my eye shot will meet the fate of my aim. And yes my juvenille is with me 24/7 and she will not know how the public educational systems work just because of all of the madness.



posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7
 


If assult knives were banned then this sort of thing couln't ever happen again.
Why is that so hard to understand?!?!?!
We need to get rid of them or AT THE VERY LEAST make people do background checks as well as register them.

What would be wrong with that??????



posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Would you rather be stabbed or would you rather take a .223 round to the chest?


I'm going to have to ask how big the knife is on this one.
A .223 round is little more than a .22

am I wearing a winer coat?
So many variables to consider.



posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Any excuse for a gun debate.
Ridiculous.



posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by homeslice
 


Who's debating guns???
This is a thread about knives.





new topics
top topics
 
11
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join


ATS Live Reality Remix IS ON-AIR! (there are 19 minutes remaining).
ATS Live Radio Presents - Reality Remix Live SE6 EP6

atslive.com

hi-def

low-def