It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven Psychopaths- a review

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
If you're looking to spend a couple of hours away from the computer, television, and other mindless pursuits, then watching this movie may be the best way to go.

There is no take home message. There is no underlying heart-warming theme that'll change your life. You won't treat your co-workers better, you won't pay your bills on time or start recycling.

But you will laugh, you'll stare at the screen with mouth agape, you'll wince, and probably start drinking heavily.

It was a well written, outstandingly acted, well directed movie that was highly entertaining. Christopher Walken stole the show with an outstanding, typically quirky performance. Sam Rockwell also gave an outstanding performance as Colin Farrell's best friend.

All in all, I give it a beezzer rating of 9 out of 10 carrots!

It is now out on DVD or Netflix or Redbox or whatever you folks use for movies.

ETA: It is rated R for violence, language and nudity, so tuck the kids in first!

edit on 2-2-2013 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I might have to rent it. It looked pretty good from commercials. Thanks for the review.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Thanks for the review beez. I already put it on my Netflix queue and am looking forward to seeing it. Not every movie need be deep and meaningful- sometimes we just need comic relief.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Thanks for the review Beez. I almost watched this last night on pay-per-view, instead watched a real dud called Watch.

Watch is about a group of 4 dufus guys who form a neighborhood watch and end up dealing with Aliens from outer space.

Think I'll watch your movie tonight.....

Des

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Yea. This is a great movie. Written and directed by Martin Mcdonagh. He also wrote and directed the movie "In Bruges". Well worth watching if you liked seven psychopaths.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I won't talk of the plot or give anything away, but I'd like to hear back from everyone after you've seen the movie.

Please let me know if I'm nuts or not!

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Really? I thought not only was it pointless, but also inundated with empty drivel. Characterizing tyhe absolute vacuity of our dilapidated dystopic culture with NO redeeming moments. This movie makes me afraid when I see the rating on IMDB as over 7. Chills down my spine that someone would recommend this detritus.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baguul
Really? I thought not only was it pointless, but also inundated with empty drivel. Characterizing tyhe absolute vacuity of our dilapidated dystopic culture with NO redeeming moments. This movie makes me afraid when I see the rating on IMDB as over 7. Chills down my spine that someone would recommend this detritus.

Depends on what your expectations were when you bought it.

Thanks for your review. Everyone's opinion is valid.

T'is also why I asked for feedback after folks see the movie. I'd hate to think that I am just an empty vacuous mindless droob.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I actually really did enjoy that movie, saw it a couple weeks ago. Would recommend it.

Although I disagree with your OP, there is a bit you can learn from each character.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
I actually really did enjoy that movie, saw it a couple weeks ago. Would recommend it.

Although I disagree with your OP, there is a bit you can learn from each character.

I'm not sure what I could learn, but I did find that it had good character development.

posted on Feb, 2 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I actually passed this up because I read a review that it wasn't as funny as "in bruge" ŵhich had its moments but wasn't hilarious.

I'm happy to wait for dvd. But now am looking forward to it.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

In Bruges is definitely the better movie in terms of plot and characterization, but Seven Psychopaths is a lot funnier. I went and saw it primarily because Tom Waits has a nice cameo in it, but I'm glad I went. It's a fun, funny, clever, kind of meta movie. Like "Kiss, Kiss Bang, Bang," but more so.

Definitely worth a watch. They don't make enough clever movies.

posted on Feb, 3 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
...All in all, I give it a beezzer rating of 9 out of 10 carrots!

Thanks, beezer
Watched it a day or two ago, and was very pleasantly surprised.
As you say - It won't explain how the Mayan Apocalypse actually did take place...but it was entertaining (especially since I hadn't heard of it prior)...
Loved Rockwell, Walken & Harrelson's characters... ("...not like AIDS -- more like chlamydia...")...
Thought most of the plot development (and quirks) was unique-enough to keep one entertained... And...again...loved some of the characters.

new topics

top topics

join